Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WELCOME D'Ante Smith , East Carolina, OT
and here is your 4th round O Lineman

CBS SPORTS says HIGH CALIBER NATINESS and Smart For Bengals To Add More O Line. They give Pick an A-.

So after WR Chase....All TRENCHES. 2 Offensive Line. 2 D Line and a D Line / LB ....I LOVE Finally a TRENCHES DRAFT....Bengals were so WEAK in THE TRENCHES.....This Draft Helps .
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Not that it means a thing but McShay loves him.
Reply/Quote
I like this selection. He already has the length that you hear is so important to an edge lineman. Very good size and athleticism. Good blocker at the second level...picks out the next target and attacks it. Will need to get stronger but that is something that an NFL program and an O line coach like Pollack will develop. I really believe this kid has a high upside...really high.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:55 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I like this selection. He already has the length that you hear is so important to an edge lineman. Very good size and athleticism. Good blocker at the second level...picks out the next target and attacks it. Will need to get stronger but that is something that an NFL program and an O line coach like Pollack will develop. I really believe this kid has a high upside...really high.

That's all you can ask for in the 4th, and they have s year to develop him.  Who knows how much muscle he can add.  Looks like Carman may start but also be the backup RT if someone doesn't make a leap.  RR can slide to the left side of injury happens.  Smith has time to develop.  
Reply/Quote
Should have just worked on his hands and become a TE if he played last year at 270. No way he ever has the strength to not get beat by Garrett or Watt as an OT.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
looks like a possible good developmental guy but wheres my TE? Are we really going to roll into the season with Uzi coming off achilles tear, Sample and Moss? Compare that to who the Browns, Ravens and now Steelers have at TE (after picking up one of the top rated TEs in this draft)
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Should have just worked on his hands and become a TE if he played last year at 270. No way he ever has the strength to not get beat by Garrett or Watt as an OT.

Sorry but that is a ridiculous statement. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:05 PM)kalibengal Wrote: looks like  a possible good developmental guy  but wheres my TE? Are we really going to roll into the season with Uzi coming off achilles tear, Sample and Moss? Compare that to who the Browns, Ravens and now Steelers have at TE (after picking up one of the top rated TEs in this draft)

Uzomah is a really underrated TE who will be 100% for the season and I do not get why people are so down on Sample. He is a good young TE that was a victim of misuse at Washington. Has very good hands and if I am not mistaken he caught every redzone target while at Washington and one of them was for a TD against my Buckeyes.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:10 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Uzomah is a really underrated TE who will be 100% for the season and I do not get why people are so down on Sample. He is a good young TE that was a victim of misuse at Washington. Has very good hands and if I am not mistaken he caught every redzone target while at Washington and one of them was for a TD against my Buckeyes.

I like this pick.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Should have just worked on his hands and become a TE if he played last year at 270. No way he ever has the strength to not get beat by Garrett or Watt as an OT.

He stonewalled Marvin Wilson at the Senior Bowl 1 on 1 he was up to 293lbs. A year in an NFL Nutrition Plan and Weight Training Program will help D'Ante Smith.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:10 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Uzomah is a really underrated TE who will be 100% for the season and I do not get why people are so down on Sample. He is a good young TE that was a victim of misuse at Washington. Has very good hands and if I am not mistaken he caught every redzone target while at Washington and one of them was for a TD against my Buckeyes.

I don't get it either?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:05 PM)kalibengal Wrote: looks like  a possible good developmental guy  but wheres my TE? Are we really going to roll into the season with Uzi coming off achilles tear, Sample and Moss? Compare that to who the Browns, Ravens and now Steelers have at TE (after picking up one of the top rated TEs in this draft)

Bengals had to take another O-Lineman

Don't look for much double tight end, not with Boyd, Higgins, Chase.  Burrow at LSU was use to many WR's and THAT is what they are building around Burrow. ....Bengals will have enough to put ONE tight end on the field...Don't look for much double tight end, that was many offensive coaches ago. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

I like this pick.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:00 PM)phil413 Wrote: That's all you can ask for in the 4th, and they have s year to develop him.  Who knows how much muscle he can add.  Looks like Carman may start but also be the backup RT if someone doesn't make a leap.  RR can slide to the left side of injury happens.  Smith has time to develop.  

Apparently, muscle isn't the issue. He's jacked. Just need to take him to Wendy's and load him up with Baconaters and Frostees.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:18 PM)Synric Wrote: He stonewalled Marvin Wilson at the Senior Bowl 1 on 1 he was up to 293lbs. A year in an NFL Nutrition Plan and Weight Training Program will help D'Ante Smith.

Sure, but ....

[Image: E0RYOtYWQAMfuVF?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Great pick guy might be starting at right tackle in a year.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Somebody really should invent some type of place where you can go and move heavy things and work different muscles. There could be a bunch of different machines to work different parts of the body. Would probably be a pretty big hit. Guys could get stronger. Not sure why this doesn't exist yet.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure, but ....

[Image: E0RYOtYWQAMfuVF?format=jpg&name=large]
In all fairness though, a lot of OT's have a hard time with Garrett. That's gotta be a batman suit?
Reply/Quote