Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WELCOME Trey Hill, Center, Georgia
More O Line

CBS SPORTS says very good on Run Blocking. Needs coached up on Pass Blocking. In Round 6, a good Run Blocker at Center or Guard.

I LOVE THE FOCUS ON THE TRENCHES IN THIS DRAFT....WEAK BENGAL TRENCHES GOT A LOT OF DRAFT PICK HELP ON OFFENSE AND DEFENSE.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
"He was dominant in the pivot through the first eight games of the 2020 season but was playing through significant pain. It was decided he would shut it down for the year to undergo surgeries on both knees to repair torn menisci. "

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/trey-hill/32004849-4c62-3828-2b4b-8f177f08ab12

They also complain about his knee bend. Maybe he couldn't bend his knees because he was trying to play through massive knee pain? Sounds like a tough mofo. I don't know jack about this guy. True junior out of the SEC who has played a lot, is a leader, and earned his degree in 3 years.
Reply/Quote
I would say this is at least a good value pick this late though a project for sure.. He was in consistent at times with snapping the ball this season has knee problems ( I read he had gained weight maybe that had some to do with it. but to get him in 6th that is a good value even if he does not make the team or goes to practice squad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 05:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would say this is at least a good value pick this late though a project for sure.. He was in consistent at times with snapping the ball this season   has knee problems ( I read he had gained weight maybe that had some to do with it. but to get him in 6th that is a good value even if he does not make the team or goes to practice squad

Our O Line was so Awful....This guy could play Center or Guard.  All these Picks should beat out the slugs on the chopping block from last year. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 05:22 PM)kevin Wrote: Our O Line was so Awful....This guy could play Center or Guard.  All these Picks should beat out the slugs on the chopping block from last year. 

Most draft analysis say he would probably not do well at guard but yes if he can't beat out Price then there is a reason he fell to 6th..
Reply/Quote
From WalterFootball:

Quote: "In 2019, I thought Hill was going to be the top center in his draft class," said one area scout. "He looked really talented, but as a junior his technique went bad and he got overweight. I ended grading him as a 3/4 (late third-round or early fourth-round pick)."

If we get his weight under control and Frank coaches him up, he could be a HUGE STEAL!
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 05:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Most draft analysis say he would probably not do well at guard but yes if he can't beat out Price then there is a reason he fell to 6th..

Price is history.  Taylor has seen enough of Price.  Bengals are not picking up his last year option. He may not be on team start of season. Bengals are sick of Price. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Love this pick, only fell cause of the injuries but they shut him down so he could be ready come opening day.

Big dude who can move and played against the best and played very well. Happy we didn't ignore Center. Wink
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 05:22 PM)kevin Wrote: Our O Line was so Awful....This guy could play Center or Guard.  All these Picks should beat out the slugs on the chopping block from last year. 

This is an excellent point you just made. I don’t think people realize just how bad the slugs were. The offensive line has been on a steep downhill slide since 2016.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 09:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is an excellent point you just made. I don’t think people realize just how bad the slugs were.  The offensive line has been on a steep downhill slide since 2016.

Plus Turner was a terrible OL coach. Pollack should help these guys more than some people are acknowledging...
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 09:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is an excellent point you just made. I don’t think people realize just how bad the slugs were.  The offensive line has been on a steep downhill slide since 2016.

(05-01-2021, 09:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Plus Turner was a terrible OL coach. Pollack should help these guys more than some people are acknowledging...

Indeed 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 05:38 PM)kevin Wrote: Price is history.  Taylor has seen enough of Price.  Bengals are not picking up his last year option. He may not be on team start of season. Bengals are sick of Price. 

Sound nice but depends on Hopkins able to go 1st game and Hill performance in preseason
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 09:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Plus Turner was a terrible OL coach. Pollack should help these guys more than some people are acknowledging...

Sorry I'm not sold yet on Pollack if he was that great Jets would not of fired him plus they actually went backwards not forward under him. He is good but I cant put him as great with those 2 yrs.
Reply/Quote
Looooove this pick. Bengals killed the draft just not sure about carman
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 05:38 PM)kevin Wrote: Price is history.  Taylor has seen enough of Price.  Bengals are not picking up his last year option. He may not be on team start of season. Bengals are sick of Price. 

Well, they're certainly not going to pay Price $3.7M to sit at home, because that's how much he's getting weather he's on the team or not.  He'll be on the team, and likely our opening game starter.  With Hopkins coming back from ACL repair, he may be tentative for a good portion of the season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

This is absurd. If they were sick of Price, he wouldnt still be here.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 06:50 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Looooove this pick.  Bengals killed the draft just not sure about carman

This is weird. Carman is about the only one I am sure of other than Chase. 
Reply/Quote