Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WELCOME Tyler Shelvin, DT, LSU
Can't wait to see the fan base turn on him for not getting QB pressures ala Peko.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 02:17 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Can't wait to see the fan base turn on him for not getting QB pressures ala Peko.

Eh, he is a run stopper. We needed one like Peko anyways. I was known to be a Peko hater but I just wanted him to be better 
at rushing the passer. Not expectin' Shelvin to be a pass rusher, so expectations are not high in this aspect. Ogunjobi and Reader
need to do this job. Bring in Shelvin on running downs.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 02:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Think his family is excited he’s headed to Cincy to play with Joe and Ja’Marr? I love these videos.

Awesome vid. Cool
Reply/Quote
Apparently Bill Belichick really wanted this guy and was visibly upset when we snagged him. Bill always likes a big nose guard

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/08/bill-belichick-wanted-bengals-draft-pick-tyler-shelvin-patriots/
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 08:50 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Apparently Bill Belichick really wanted this guy and was visibly upset when we snagged him. Bill always likes a big nose guard

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/08/bill-belichick-wanted-bengals-draft-pick-tyler-shelvin-patriots/

If this guy comes even close to Vince Wilfork's career, we're going to be some very happy fans.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 08:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If this guy comes even close to Vince Wilfork's career, we're going to be some very happy fans.

If that happens, I will write a letter of apology to the Bengals organization for all the bad things I have said. 

I mean, I won't send it to them or anything, but I'll definitely write it. 
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 08:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If this guy comes even close to Vince Wilfork's career, we're going to be some very happy fans.

Just need to make sure the coaches keep close tabs on Shelvin. He battled weight issues entering last season before finally getting his weight down. It'd be nice if kept on track and became another successful 4th round pick for us. We really need to hit on one.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2021, 02:51 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Just need to make sure the coaches keep close tabs on Shelvin. He battled weight issues entering last season before finally getting his weight down. It'd be nice if kept on track and became another successful 4th round pick for us. We really need to hit on one.

He addressed that and said he needed to mature and be more disciplined, so I think he gets it now. Have to remember how young these guys actually are.
Reply/Quote
That video is a Must see TV, that was so cool, it'll put a smile on the grumpiest guy.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2021, 12:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He addressed that and said he needed to mature and be more disciplined, so I think he gets it now. Have to remember how young these guys actually are.

It is good to see that he is willing to own the areas he needs to work on. Many times that is a tough part of the battle. Even if he can eat up blocks to free up our young athletic linebackers it could be a real plus.
Reply/Quote