Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WELCOME Wyatt Hubert. Kansas State, Defensive Edge
CBS Sports says good corner rush on QB

I LOVE THIS DRAFT....We got Burrow to Chase combo...and a 5th round kicker....but the other 8 picks were TRENCHES. O LINE, D LINE, D LINE/ LB

BENGALS addressed their last place weak trenches, too weak to play good teams. I LOVE THIS DRAFT.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Could've used some depth at safety.
Reply/Quote
Looks like he posted 2.5 sacks against Oklahoma State this past year. Wonder if any of those were against Teven Jenkins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wyatt is a great grab, they sure didn't ignore the pass rush like I thought they might and still solidified the trenches.

Was wanting Alaric Jackson there but pass rush was a desperate need. Now with Hendrickson, Ossai, Ogunjobi, Cameron
Sample and Wyatt Hubert we are muchly improved in our pass rush. Plus ADG and Hilton being used in blitz situations
could make us a tough unit to play as long as Lou doesn't hold them back.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:16 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Could've used some depth at safety.

and some wanted TE....But Bengals last few last 4 or 5 years have been pushed around in the trenches like grade school boy punks....I love doubling down on THE TRENCHES on Defense and Offense. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:16 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Could've used some depth at safety.

We have 5 Safeties on the roster... why?

It's probably the strongest position group on the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We have 5 Safeties on the roster... why?

It's probably the strongest position group on the team.

Ricardo Allen is great depth and he can play Corner too.

Some I think don't follow the team.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ricardo Allen is great depth and he can play Corner too.

Some I think don't follow the team.
Good point. I liked Allen as a FA target early on as a versatile db who could bring some versatility that I’ve been wanting for a while. I had hoped Josh Shaw could be that a few year’s ago. He’s not a star, but I feel like it was an underrated signing. I love the defensive overhaul, at least on paper thus far.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 09:24 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Good point.  I liked Allen as a FA target early on as a versatile db who could bring some versatility that I’ve been wanting for a while.  I had hoped Josh Shaw could be that a few year’s ago. He’s not a star, but I feel like it was an underrated signing.  I love the defensive overhaul, at least on paper thus far.

Ricardo is a starter in the NFL that can be a ballhawk like Bates. Very underrated signing and to those that think LB needs help 
Vonn Miller, Ossai, Wyatt Hubert and Hubbard can play Linebacker too. We are more of a 3-4 Defense now and have Reader, 
Shelvin and Tupou to play NT for us. I might not like what Lou has done in calling the D but man, the D looks really solid, as you
say, on paper.
Reply/Quote
NSACK is 4/5th complete:

Sammy
[Image: mhujjd3pmzslqwtyjdqz]

Logan
[Image: mcchbjmlt6cx4twvccmr]

Trey
[Image: rwf31ygy9udkgtbtvnya]

Wyatt
[Image: 08abaa42-974c-41ea-a1b3-032be3159f07-Wya...g_2020.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]