Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WH... This should take the cake!
I can't see why Trump supporters and defenders think this is cool. If a Dem would have acted this way could you imagine the reaction from Americans? How many times can Trump and his Administration disrespect our vets, gold star families, and purple heart recipients? Will Americans finally step up and defend this great Nation.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-wanted-uss-john-mccain-out-of-sight-during-trump-japan-visit-11559173470

To do this overseas is beyond belief. Even in this Trump era. Far worse than the disrespect of our Vets we see coming from this Administration and Trump Supporters/Defenders daily.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
It takes more than just saying that was wrong, then voting for him, defending him, and attacking those who don't agree with this as having some sort of syndrome.

If standing up for our Country against our enemies and for our Vets means we have Trump derangement syndrome, then so be it.

How do these people still claim to be pro America? If siding with Putin and professing love for Kim wasn't bad enough.

(05-30-2019, 02:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: I can't see why Trump supporters and defenders think this is cool. If a Dem would have acted this way could you imagine the reaction from Americans? How many times can Trump and his Administration disrespect our vets, gold star families, and purple heart recipients? Will Americans finally step up and defend this great Nation.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-wanted-uss-john-mccain-out-of-sight-during-trump-japan-visit-11559173470

To do this overseas is beyond belief. Even in this Trump era. Far worse than the disrespect of our Vets we see coming from this Administration and Trump Supporters/Defenders daily.

At first DJT claimed he knew nothing about this.  And it seems that follow up reporting says that is true.

But in typical Trump fashion he blew it later:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
As being reported. The only people who hate to see the USS McCain are Putin, Kim, the Iranians, ISIS and Trump.

What a world we are living in.

Great job Trump supporters/defenders electing the most Anti America President ever.

Just further proof that all the right-wing talk about snowflakes is projection.
all time low T
(05-30-2019, 02:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: At first DJT claimed he knew nothing about this.  And it seems that follow up reporting says that is true.

To be fair to Trump, his "bone spurs" would most likely have prevented him from walking over to the phone to give the order.  
[Image: qy45ndmspc131.jpg][Image: ql3j91a1qc131.png]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
The"out of sight" email came from the WHITE HOUSE on May 15, yet Trump says he didn't know anything about it. I smell BULLSHIT. You know when certain people in Washington started saying they were worried about Trump's mental state, I first thought, "Sour Grapes'. Now I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with the president's brain; at the very least he is a bitter, spiteful, immature man that behaves like a five year old.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/outrage-over-report-that-white-house-ordered-uss-john-mccain-out-of-trumps-sight-2019-05-29
(05-30-2019, 06:27 PM)6andcounting Wrote: [Image: qy45ndmspc131.jpg][Image: ql3j91a1qc131.png]
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/outrage-over-report-that-white-house-ordered-uss-john-mccain-out-of-trumps-sight-2019-05-29

A new report that the White House asked the U.S. Navy to keep the USS John S. McCain warship “out of sight” during President Donald Trump’s recent trip to Japan spurred shock and outrage on social media Wednesday night.

The Wall Street Journal, citing a May 15 email from the White House to military officials, reported that a directive was given that “USS John McCain needs to be out of sight” from the landing deck of the USS Wasp, where Trump delivered a speech Monday (Tuesday, local time) at Yokosuka Naval Base, south of Tokyo.
Trump had a notoriously poor relationship with the late Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who was a frequent and vocal critic of him. In 2016, Trump said McCain was “not a war hero” and “I like people who weren’t captured.” Since McCain’s death last year, Trump has continued to attack and insult him.
According to the Journal, a tarp was hung over the name painted on the ship, which was damaged in a 2017 collision and is still being repaired, and a barge was moved to further block the ship’s name from sight. Sailors from the USS John McCain, who typically wear caps with the ship’s name on them, were reportedly given the day off when Trump visited.
“Trump is a child who will always be deeply threatened by the greatness of my dads incredible life,” Meghan McCain, the late senator’s daughter, tweeted Wednesday night. “There is a lot of criticism of how much I speak about my dad, but nine months since he passed, Trump won’t let him RIP. So I have to stand up for him. It makes my grief unbearable.”
“If true... it sounds like one of the smallest, pettiest things I’ve heard,” CNN anchor Anderson Cooper said on air Wednesday night.
The Journal reported acting Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan approved the measures.

In a tweet Wednesday night, Trump denied knowing about the incident. “I was not informed about anything having to do with the Navy Ship USS John S. McCain during my recent visit to Japan,” he said.
Wednesday night, the Navy’s Chief of Information denied the ship’s name had been concealed, saying in a tweet: “The name of USS John S. McCain was not obscured during the POTUS visit to Yokosuka on Memorial Day. The Navy is proud of that ship, its crew, its namesake and its heritage.”
An undated photo that accompanied the Wall Street Journal story showed a tarp and barge blocking the ship’s stern, where its name would be.
Separately, the Washington Post reported Wednesday night that Navy personnel started covering up the ship’s name Friday, but senior Navy officials ordered it stopped Saturday, and the tarp was removed. The Post said the photo with the WSJ story was taken Friday. The Post also confirmed from a senior White House official that the president was not involved in planning, but that the request was made to keep the president from becoming upset.
CNBC reported Wednesday night that the Pentagon said Shanahan was unaware of the plans, and tweeted the email in question:

The warship was not named for the late senator, but rather for his father and grandfather, who were the first father and son duo to become U.S. Navy admirals.

(05-30-2019, 06:27 PM)6andcounting Wrote: [Image: qy45ndmspc131.jpg][Image: ql3j91a1qc131.png]

Damage control.
(05-30-2019, 06:57 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Damage control.

From the link I posted.

"Separately, the Washington Post reported Wednesday night that Navy personnel started covering up the ship’s name Friday, but senior Navy officials ordered it stopped Saturday, and the tarp was removed. The Post said the photo with the WSJ story was taken Friday. The Post also confirmed from a senior White House official that the president was not involved in planning, but that the request was made to keep the president from becoming upset."

So "Navy personnel" covered up the name on Friday, but it had taken "Senior Navy officials" to put a stop to this nonsense on Saturday. Also a "Senior White House official" confirmed that the president was not involved with the planning of this, but it was requested to keep the president from "becoming upset."

I don't know which is worse: If Trump ordered it or if one of his handlers did. What does it say about the mental state of the leader of the free world that you would become "upset" by merely seeing the words "U.S.S. John McCain."  Is Trump that insecure or is his cheese sliding off his cracker?
(05-30-2019, 02:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: At first DJT claimed he knew nothing about this.  And it seems that follow up reporting says that is true.

How did he blow it? He didn't know about it and when he found out he said he would have requested something like that.
(05-30-2019, 06:45 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/outrage-over-report-that-white-house-ordered-uss-john-mccain-out-of-trumps-sight-2019-05-29

A new report that the White House asked the U.S. Navy to keep the USS John S. McCain warship “out of sight” during President Donald Trump’s recent trip to Japan spurred shock and outrage on social media Wednesday night.

The Wall Street Journal, citing a May 15 email from the White House to military officials, reported that a directive was given that “USS John McCain needs to be out of sight” from the landing deck of the USS Wasp, where Trump delivered a speech Monday (Tuesday, local time) at Yokosuka Naval Base, south of Tokyo.
Trump had a notoriously poor relationship with the late Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who was a frequent and vocal critic of him. In 2016, Trump said McCain was “not a war hero” and “I like people who weren’t captured.” Since McCain’s death last year, Trump has continued to attack and insult him.
According to the Journal, a tarp was hung over the name painted on the ship, which was damaged in a 2017 collision and is still being repaired, and a barge was moved to further block the ship’s name from sight. Sailors from the USS John McCain, who typically wear caps with the ship’s name on them, were reportedly given the day off when Trump visited.
“Trump is a child who will always be deeply threatened by the greatness of my dads incredible life,” Meghan McCain, the late senator’s daughter, tweeted Wednesday night. “There is a lot of criticism of how much I speak about my dad, but nine months since he passed, Trump won’t let him RIP. So I have to stand up for him. It makes my grief unbearable.”
“If true... it sounds like one of the smallest, pettiest things I’ve heard,” CNN anchor Anderson Cooper said on air Wednesday night.
The Journal reported acting Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan approved the measures.

In a tweet Wednesday night, Trump denied knowing about the incident. “I was not informed about anything having to do with the Navy Ship USS John S. McCain during my recent visit to Japan,” he said.
Wednesday night, the Navy’s Chief of Information denied the ship’s name had been concealed, saying in a tweet: “The name of USS John S. McCain was not obscured during the POTUS visit to Yokosuka on Memorial Day. The Navy is proud of that ship, its crew, its namesake and its heritage.”
An undated photo that accompanied the Wall Street Journal story showed a tarp and barge blocking the ship’s stern, where its name would be.
Separately, the Washington Post reported Wednesday night that Navy personnel started covering up the ship’s name Friday, but senior Navy officials ordered it stopped Saturday, and the tarp was removed. The Post said the photo with the WSJ story was taken Friday. The Post also confirmed from a senior White House official that the president was not involved in planning, but that the request was made to keep the president from becoming upset.
CNBC reported Wednesday night that the Pentagon said Shanahan was unaware of the plans, and tweeted the email in question:

The warship was not named for the late senator, but rather for his father and grandfather, who were the first father and son duo to become U.S. Navy admirals.

Trump had nothing to do with it and ultimately nothing even happened with the ship. My response was to OP who was blaming Trump.

Sad that our military is forced to try to cover for this. Sad that people support and defend a President that the WH and Administration has to try to hide American military ship when he is around so that he doesn't get upset at the sight of it.

I mean really Trump supporters? Maybe they couldn't get a Russian ship there quick enough to make him happy at it's sight.

(05-31-2019, 09:50 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sad that people support and defend a President that the WH and Administration has to try to hide American military ship when he is around so that he doesn't get upset at the sight of it.

Except Trump didn't care about the ship being there.
(05-31-2019, 09:06 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Except Trump didn't care about the ship being there.

Yes, because when Trump says it, it must be so.
(05-30-2019, 07:17 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote:  I don't know which is worse: If Trump ordered it or if one of his handlers did. What does it say about the mental state of the leader of the free world that you would become "upset" by merely seeing the words "U.S.S. John McCain."  Is Trump that insecure or is his cheese sliding off his cracker?

And what does it say about the sycophants surrounding him, competing with one another to agree with and please him?

All the backbones are gone now.
(05-30-2019, 09:02 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Trump had nothing to do with it and ultimately nothing even happened with the ship. My response was to OP who was blaming Trump.

In your view, where does the buck stop?
(06-01-2019, 12:08 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Yes, because when Trump says it, it must be so.

Well, it was there in plain view when Trump was there and he carried on as normal. I'd take his non-reaction over some unknown person claiming it would upset him.