Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WH... This should take the cake!
(05-31-2019, 09:50 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sad that our military is forced to try to cover for this. Sad that people support and defend a President that the WH and Administration has to try to hide American military ship when he is around so that he doesn't get upset at the sight of it.

I mean really Trump supporters? Maybe they couldn't get a Russian ship there quick enough to make him happy at it's sight.

It never was hidden and Trump never got upset. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(06-04-2019, 08:37 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It never was hidden and Trump never got upset. 

Everyone from the Navy to Trump himself have admitted that the administration requested that the Navy "minimize the visibility" of the USS McCain during his visit.

The name was covered for a while, and then a barge was moved close to the ship to hide the name.

And I am sure Trump was pissed when a request from his administration was not fully followed.  Why wouldn't he be?

You really believe everything Trump says?  Even after he has been caught in so many lies?
(06-04-2019, 08:37 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It never was hidden and Trump never got upset. 

Good attempt to cover, but the more that comes out the scandal becomes more and more disgraceful.

Why not stand up for our military instead of covering for a man who his Administration (knowing his love for our enemies, hate for our vets, gold star, and black heart families dead and alive) felt couldn't stomach seeing one of our great vessels in his presence?

But as Trump said, their attempted shame of an American Military ship, was done with "well meaning".

As for the Military, never have they had to say this to a President...

https://www.apnews.com/3dba0b327e8e45e5b9589db4bb735505
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(06-05-2019, 09:55 AM)jj22 Wrote: Good attempt to cover, but the more that comes out the scandal becomes more and more disgraceful.

Why not stand up for our military instead of covering for a man who his Administration (knowing his love for our enemies, hate for our vets, gold star, and black heart families dead and alive) felt couldn't stomach seeing one of our great vessels in his presence?

But as Trump said, their attempted shame of an American Military ship, was done with "well meaning".

As for the Military, never have they had to say this to a President...

https://www.apnews.com/3dba0b327e8e45e5b9589db4bb735505

What more has come out?

And according to the article, everything the military said was back to the person/people who issued the request - not Trump as you said. I don't think you read past the headline on that one.
(06-04-2019, 08:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone from the Navy to Trump himself have admitted that the administration requested that the Navy "minimize the visibility" of the USS McCain during his visit.

The name was covered for a while, and then a barge was moved close to the ship to hide the name.

And I am sure Trump was pissed when a request from his administration was not fully followed.  Why wouldn't he be?

You really believe everything Trump says?  Even after he has been caught in so many lies?

According to jj22's link, the tarp was up for maintenance and the request to have the ship "out of sight" was never followed. The Pentagon's internal watchdog isn't even reviewing the "scandal" (as OP put it) since the request wasn't followed. 

And it's not a matter of believing Trump or not. It's a matter of having anyone or any evidence suggesting Trump had something to do with it. You don't want me to blindly believe Trump (good point) when he says he wasn't upset, but then you want me to take you seriously when your evidence he was is you saying "I am sure Trump was pissed."
(06-05-2019, 08:01 PM)6andcounting Wrote: And it's not a matter of believing Trump or not. It's a matter of having anyone or any evidence suggesting Trump had something to do with it. You don't want me to blindly believe Trump (good point) when he says he wasn't upset, but then you want me to take you seriously when your evidence he was is you saying "I am sure Trump was pissed."

Yeah, it is pretty crazy to assume that Trump knew anything about a request from the Trump administration.  Rolleyes

Or that he would be upset when his administrations request was not complied with.
(06-05-2019, 08:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, it is pretty crazy to assume that Trump knew anything about a request from the Trump administration.  Rolleyes

Or that he would be upset when his request was not complied with.

If if DJT really didn't know (and it is possible as he seems pretty clueless about what goes on when the adults are talking) once he found out his response wasn't condemnation...just that he didn't know about it.

Mulvaney said it wasn't unreasonable.

I said before people in Trump's orbit tend to act like battered spouses and do whatever they can keep him "happy".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.