Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT IF SEWELL & CHASE ARE GONE AT PICK 5
What if there isn't a run on Quarterbacks ? I've seen many years where a run on QB is predicted, and then they fall and fall in the draft. Sewell and Chase are ranked to go sooner than these QBs except for The Clemson QB.

What is Bengals PLAN B if both Sewell and Chase are gone at pick 5 ...Look for one of them to be gone, making Bengals pick a knee jerk easy choice.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
There’s definitely QB’s going 1, 2, 3. JAX is not passing on Lawrence, NY traded away Darnold, and SF traded up to take a QB (most reports say they are all in on Mac Jones). Even if ATL takes Sewell or Chase the other one is there for us at 5.

But just for the sake of crazy hypotheticals? You take Pitts and don’t think twice about it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 05:32 AM)kevin Wrote: What if there isn't a run on Quarterbacks ?   I've seen many years where a run on QB is predicted, and then they fall and fall in the draft.  Sewell and Chase are ranked to go sooner than these QBs except for The Clemson QB.  

What is Bengals PLAN B if both Sewell and Chase are gone at pick 5 ...Look for one of them to be gone, making Bengals pick a knee jerk easy choice.

I guess in that case a trade with a QB hungry team would make the most sense.

I guess Pitts seems like an option, but imho we already have a slot WR.
Reply/Quote
Won’t happen but if by some chance it did you just weigh Pitts vs trade back. I’d lean towards trade back and grab another OT with our new lower pick.
Reply/Quote
Either trade down a few picks, get more picks, and take Slater or trade down, get more picks, and take DeVonta Smith.

Please, for the love of God, don't take Pitts.
Reply/Quote
If that happens, trade back and/or pick Slater/Darrisaw
Reply/Quote
I'm one who would consider Pitts with both Sewell and Chase still available. Atlanta looks like they are doing that very thing right now.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 09:22 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Either trade down a few picks, get more picks, and take Slater or trade down, get more picks, and take DeVonta Smith.

Please, for the love of God, don't take Pitts.

Why would you not take Kyle Pitts?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 10:31 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Why would you not take Kyle Pitts?

Because our team/coaches do not know how to use a TE...never have have, never will...Pitts is a wasted pick...I do not care if he is a mismatch and can player as a WR, etc......He will never be used correctly in this offense...A  big hard NO to this pick...it would be horrible...trade back, get another 2nd or 3rd round pick and take Slater at 7 or 9 (Lions or Denver most likely)
Reply/Quote
I'd take Pitts in a heartbeat. No trade back in that scenario.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
The only other possibility would be Slater.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
It’s really not a possibility as the top 3 will 100% be QB simply from the actions we have seen. SF didn’t give away their future for anything other than a QB. NYJ didn’t trade away their starting QB not to take a QB. Urban Meyer didn’t finally jump into the NFL to not have a QB.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 11:17 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Because our team/coaches do not know how to use a TE...never have have, never will...Pitts is a wasted pick...I do not care if he is a mismatch and can player as a WR, etc......He will never be used correctly in this offense...A  big hard NO to this pick...it would be horrible...trade back, get another 2nd or 3rd round pick and take Slater at 7 or 9 (Lions or Denver most likely)

Pitts is the best WR in this draft.  I'm not so sure you wouldn't start at WR if we drafted him.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 10:31 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Why would you not take Kyle Pitts?

Pitts is a great weapon, but he's just a big receiver.  Maybe I'm too old school, but, especially in our division, I want our tight end to be a physical presence that comes across the middle, takes hits, delivers hits, and is a force down in the red zone.  He would be a dangerous weapon, but I just feel like we need a weapon that's a traditional tight end and let the receivers be weapons.  Especially since we have Mixon, I want our tight end with his hand in the dirt more and making things happen on play action.

I think Pitts could be good but I just don't want another receiver, which is essentially what Pitts is.  If we're going receiver, give me the guy that's more of a playmaker in Chase and get our tight end later to be a traditional tight end.
Reply/Quote
If this were to happen you trade the pick. Which is what we should do anyway.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 01:44 PM)J24 Wrote: If this were to happen you trade the pick. Which is what we should do anyway.

Disagree.  There are 3 elite prospects at a non-qb position.  You take one of them.  

Pitts would do more for this offense then adding another WR to the mix.  Hell, I'd put him at WR, he torched SEC CBs that tried to cover him.  There's no way a safety or a corner could match up with him
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 02:32 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Disagree.  There are 3 elite prospects at a non-qb position.  You take one of them.  

Pitts would do more for this offense then adding another WR to the mix.  Hell, I'd put him at WR, he torched SEC CBs that tried to cover him.  There's no way a safety or a corner could match up with him
Our defense was dead last in Sacks and TFLs last season and the interior of the offensive line is a mess and thats being nice. 

f you're being honest with yourself than those two positions groups are way more important than another WR. 

Would Pitts be great? Yes!  With that being said whoever you put out at WR is going to give you at least solid production because Burrow will elevate them. He can't do that to either the  IOL or DL.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 02:50 PM)J24 Wrote: Our defense was dead last in Sacks and TFLs last season and the interior of the offensive line is a mess and thats being nice. 

f you're being honest with yourself than those two positions groups are way more important than another WR. 

Would Pitts be great? Yes!  With that being said whoever you put out at WR is going to give you at least solid production because Burrow will elevate them. He can't do that to either the  IOL or DL.

Sure, but I'm not drafting any of the edges or IOL in round 1.   

Worst case, I'd leave this draft with an elite playmaker and fill in the IOL in 2 and 3.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 12:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: It’s really not a possibility as the top 3 will 100% be QB simply from the actions we have seen. SF didn’t give away their future for anything other than a QB. NYJ didn’t trade away their starting QB not to take a QB. Urban Meyer didn’t finally jump into the NFL to not have a QB.

Anything is possible Draft Day.   Every year we see Top Rated Players FALL, often QBs.  Maybe teams are gun shy of Ohio State QBs, I would be, so many of them fail in the NFL.  Every year. players FALL. Maybe because ESPN is NOT Drafting, Teams are.  How many QBs are there that teams are thinking Franchise QB for the next 10 or 15 years ? Again, Ohio State QBs never do this. Then there were all the #1 pick QBs the Browns took who FLOPPED. Just because you need a QB, does not mean you draft a 5th round A J McCarron in the Top 5 of round 1. Top 5 better be a John Elway type. Bengals showed you can get an AJ Green in 1, and a Dalton in 2. Clemson Lawrence will go #1, but the other QBs come with giant question marks. The Ohio State QB drafted by Washington was better than this years Buckeye QB, and NO WAY that I would draft him Top 5, OH-IO QBs never cut the mustard in NFL.

So based on ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN,  what is PLAN B if they both are gone.  

I'm thinking one WILL be gone and it will make the choice of Sewell or Chase very simple with one of them gone. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 04:51 PM)kevin Wrote: Anything is possible Draft Day.   Every year we see Top Rated Players FALL, often QBs.  Maybe teams are gun shy of Ohio State QBs, I would be, so many of them fail in the NFL.  Every year. players FALL. Maybe because ESPN is NOT Drafting, Teams are. 

So based on ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN,  what is PLAN B if they both are gone.  

I'm thinking one WILL be gone and it will make the choice of Sewell or Chase very simple with one of them gone. 

...but anything can’t happen. It’s not about top level prospects falling it is about what the teams have done leading up to the draft. They have jettisoned their QB (NY) traded 3 years worth for draft prospects (SF) and essentially said they are taking Lawrence (JAC). There is no room for falling there, they are all locked in on QBs so the hypothetical really has no chance of happening unless we move back.

If we moved back and both were gone, rumors of a move to 7 with Detroit potentially, then I’d go Slater or keep moving down so I could come back up into the back of the 1st and get OL and a WR in the 1st.
Reply/Quote