Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHERE DID MARVIN GO WRONG?
(01-06-2018, 07:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm with you. I haven't seen anyone pass around the Narrative that Marvin will now be good; much less a few people. 

But...you're the only one saying he "will" be good. As his post stated, a few saying he might be good because...

If you haven't seen a few people getting excited about the supposed situation, i don't think you've been paying close enough attention.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 07:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But...you're the only one saying he "will" be good. As his post stated, a few saying he might be good because...

If you haven't seen a few people getting excited about the supposed situation, i don't think you've been paying close enough attention.

Nope, I haven't seen a few people get excited  about the supposed situation. I will pay closer attention. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 03:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In 2000, new Patriots coach Bill Belichick brought in 11 of his own guys, and inherited/retained 5.

In 2003, new Bengals coach Marvin Lewis brought in 9 of his own guys, and inherited/retained 6.

Marvin also promoted Alexander (Buffalo was interested him), Kevin Coyle, Louie Cioffi and Bob Surace.

As to naming Alexander asst HC, Marvin would later say:

“It has been important to me to have Paul as an advisor, as well as having him for his work with our offensive line,” said Lewis. “When I first came here, his knowledge of our team gave me a source for some very important direction. Since then, he has helped me in a lot of areas off and on the field.”

No wonder he's been inept!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He needs great coordinators to win games. We were spoiled with Mike Zimmer for years. And you see how he's changed that Vikings team. Even with backups.

Jay Gruden got a ton of flak but the offense produced well with him, even in a short year and coming into the NFL.

Hue Jackson has always been a good coordinator, even though his stint in Cleveland is awful.

He also has not evolved with the game. We've seen many coaches from his time period fail lately. Such as Jack Del Rio, Jeff Fisher, Jim Caldwell, and John Fox.
And yes. I know John Fox made it to the Super Bowl but Elway brought over Peyton Manning and don't think he comes close to Super Bowl without Manning.

Marvin lacks passion anymore.

He also hasn't drafted well and coordinators such as Bill Lazor have thrown Marvin under the bus. The Lazor example I'm using is about the John Ross being on the bench and Lazor stating Marvin is the one who puts the players in.

Offensive line is also on Marvin Lewis. He wanted Jake Fisher and Cedric Ogbuehi. Paul Alexander also wanted Ogbuehi, but from reports I read, Marvin wanted Fisher and wanted to take him in the 1st.
He added no competition for Bodine since he's been here.
After losing Zeitler he went ahead and signed Andre Smith thinking he could just plug him in there when he's never played guard in his entire career and had a horrendous 2016 season.

People can talk about Mike Brown, and they have every right to.

But this team had pieces to go far into the playoffs and Marvin never delivered.

Second half adjustments have been dreadful. Team loses their cool. He's backed up Adam Jones after his last incident. Refuses to play young players over veterans.

He's complacent. He's not trying to improve. So the Bengals won't improve. He has shown it time and time again.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Not replacing our Free Agency Losses.... competently
Reply/Quote