Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WHY AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME POSSIBLE FOR BENGALS
Pull up Tennessee Titans 2021 Schedule. Look at results of their games in December on. It's really not as impressive as what Raiders came in with. On this schedule thing, you can click on game highlights. The Steelers beating Titans in Pittsburgh might show weaknesses, but more so may be 49ers at Tennessee not long ago. It was a very close game. Now Bengals might have won 49ers game if not for all the punt fumbles, and Bengals replaced that player since.

I'm looking at 49ers because Chase sometimes gets compared to this one 49ers receiver by announcers. The 49ers at Tennessee highlights show 49ers moved the ball on Tennessee much like Bengals could. I think Bengals can go into Tennessee and give them as good a game or better than 49ers did, and that means Bengals Can Win. Look at the 49ers at Tennessee highlights on internet Titans Schedule.

I know Tennessee is the #1 seed in the AFC. Still, they might be a better draw this weekend than Chiefs or Bills. Tennessee had some very average games down the stretch. Now Henry may or may not be back. You have to question his foot being 100 % his first game back after months on IL and I think surgery.

Monday is too early to know how Bengals are on injuries. Hopefully Bengals get a Hendrickson and some others back. The trip from Cincinnati is not cross country, in fact it's an easy short trip by car. So just saying with the game Saturday around 4:30 again, Bengals Winning and going on to AFC Championship looks more than possible. I'm not saying Tennessee an easy game, it will be a hard game, but maybe not much harder than Raiders were.

Bengals could win and go to AFC Championship. I'm taking this one week at a time. Look at the 49ers at Tennessee game and you will see why I think Bengals can be in this game and maybe win. I would say look at Steelers beating Titans also not long ago. Titans can be beaten. Now if Henry comes back 100 %, that makes them tougher, but I don't see Henry being 100%, if he plays at all.

As Always, GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Turnovers have been our story. We don’t turn the ball over, we are very tough to beat.
Reply/Quote
They even got beat by the Jets! ....wait, never mind lol.
Reply/Quote
I don't have any information about Henry's health, but when he is out there the Titans live and die with play-action. Vrabel is a hell of a coach, and he even had Henry throw a pass when teams started selling out to stop him.

I was a little disappointed with the defense's effort as far as the run game against the Raiders, but when you look back at the weapons the Raiders have, it made sense to give up a bit in the run to minimize guys like Jones, Waller, and Renfro.

I also can't help but think there was a little "human nature" (meaning it is not consciously achieved) going on with the defense. Almost every team I watch that gets up by two scores and their offense is dealing just kind of relaxes and ends up giving up a score. It is hard, near impossible, to play at 100% energy every snap. That, and the injuries really started to cost them down the stretch.

Why am I focusing on the defense? Because I have that much confidence in Burrow. He's dealing. A bit different play call in the red zone here or there and two of those FGs are TDs. No disrespect to the Raiders....in fact, they did a damn impressive job tightening up in the red zone and playing like they did on the short week.

Can the defense hold the Titans under 28? Burrow will have to get TDs over FGs as there will likely be fewer possessions, but I think the can put up 28.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:39 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: They even got beat by the Jets! ....wait, never mind lol.

They remind me of us. Lost some just bonkers games, but have beaten some great teams. Burrow is playing his best ball of his career these last 4 weeks. I’m confident in him. I am however, concerned about our defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:39 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: They even got beat by the Jets! ....wait, never mind lol.

Look, I'm not being sarcastic here.  I'm being serious.  OK. Bengals lost to Jets, I get you.  I'm talking about what have these teams done lately.   Look up Tennessee schedule and what they have done lately is average.  Look at the highlights of Pittsburgh and 49ers games who Bengals also played lately.   Now Dr Z , if you just want to put down Bengals and be sarcastic, I'm looking at this game more serious.  The game footage shows me Bengals could WIN and go on to AFC Championship Game.  All Bengals Fans should pull up Titans schedule and click on highlights of 49ers at Tennessee Game not that long ago. I think it shows Bengals match up well with Titans.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

I don't even count that. For some reason, it was the defense that allowed short passes and did not challenge the 3rd string QB to go long. The outcome might have been different if pressure was applied and cover short. I doubt that QB had the arm or accuracy to go long.

And scoring 31 points (and it wasn't even a good day for Burrow) is enough to win most games.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Honestly I WOULD feel better about this game than the Raiders game IF we didn't see all those defensive linemen go down. Henderickson and Oger would be major defensive losses. At least Shelvin is enormous so in theory he should at least block a gap...

That being said... If the OL gives Joe time and can open a running lane or two the Bengals offense can score on nearly every drive.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:56 AM)M.W. Wrote: Honestly I WOULD feel better about this game than the Raiders game IF we didn't see all those defensive linemen go down.  Henderickson and Oger would be major defensive losses. At least Shelvin is enormous so in theory he should at least block a gap...

That being said... If the OL gives Joe time and can open a running lane or two the Bengals offense can score on nearly every drive.

I added in that this is Monday and hopefully Bengals get some players such as Hendrickson back.  It's only Monday.  Nobody will really know injuries on these teams until Friday. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:50 AM)kevin Wrote: Look, I'm not being sarcastic here.  I'm being serious.  OK. Bengals lost to Jets, I get you.  I'm talking about what have these teams done lately.   Look up Tennessee schedule and what they have done lately is average.  Look at the highlights of Pittsburgh and 49ers games who Bengals also played lately.   Now Dr Z , if you just want to put down Bengals and be sarcastic, I'm looking at this game more serious.  The game footage shows me Bengals could WIN and go on to AFC Championship Game.  All Bengals Fans should pull up Titans schedule and click on highlights of 49ers at Tennessee Game not that long ago. I think it shows Bengals match up well with Titans. Rock On Who Dey

Tiger Who Dey Tiger

I was simply joking my friend.  I think if you pulled up my post history, you'd see I don't put down the Bengals unless I feel it's deserved, and was actually advocating for fans to give both Zac and Lou this year (during preseason)  before judging their competence or lack thereof.   I get what you were saying in the original post...I just thought it was kind of funny that we both lost to the same inferior team. 
Reply/Quote
The Titans defense is no joke. They have one of the more complete defensive lines the Bengals have seen all year, a top safety duo, solid corners, and speed at linebacker.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Titans are a much different and better team with Henry healthy.

Still like the Bengals chances though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:56 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I don't even count that. For some reason, it was the defense that allowed short passes and did not challenge the 3rd string QB to go long. The outcome might have been different if pressure was applied and cover short. I doubt that QB had the arm or accuracy to go long.

And scoring 31 points (and it wasn't even a good day for Burrow) is enough to win most games.

Yes, this was easily the most frustrating game of the season for me, and the bs call against Hilton was a cherry on top (GB was pretty frustrating too bc of the roller coaster of emotions )
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:38 AM)kevin Wrote: Pull up Tennessee Titans 2021 Schedule.  Look at results of their games in December on.  It's really not as impressive as what Raiders came in with.   On this schedule thing, you can click on game highlights.  The Steelers beating Titans in Pittsburgh might show weaknesses, but more so may be 49ers at Tennessee not long ago.  It was a very close game.  Now Bengals might have won 49ers game if not for all the punt fumbles, and Bengals replaced that player since.  

I'm looking at 49ers because Chase sometimes gets compared to this one 49ers receiver by announcers.  The 49ers at Tennessee highlights show 49ers moved the ball on Tennessee much like Bengals could.  I think Bengals can go into Tennessee and give them as good a game or better than 49ers did, and that means Bengals Can Win.   Look at the 49ers at Tennessee highlights on internet Titans Schedule.

I know Tennessee is the #1 seed in the AFC.  Still, they might be a better draw this weekend than Chiefs or Bills.  Tennessee had some very average games down the stretch.  Now Henry may or may not be back. You have to question his foot being 100 % his first game back after months on IL and I think surgery.

Monday is too early to know how Bengals are on injuries.  Hopefully Bengals get a Hendrickson and some others back. The trip from Cincinnati is not cross country, in fact it's an easy short trip by car.  So just saying with the game Saturday around 4:30 again, Bengals Winning and going on to AFC Championship looks more than possible.  I'm not saying Tennessee an easy game, it will be a hard game, but maybe not much harder than Raiders were.  

Bengals could win and go to AFC Championship.  I'm taking this one week at a time.  Look at the 49ers at Tennessee game and you will see why I think Bengals can be in this game and maybe win.  I would say look at Steelers beating Titans also not long ago.  Titans can be beaten.  Now if Henry comes back 100 %, that makes them tougher, but I don't see Henry being 100%, if he plays at all.

As Always, GO BENGALS

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger

Actually I believe Tenn is a better team because of those injuries, their backup RBs played pretty well and it sounds Jones is fully healthy and trust me anyone that has watched Henry knows even if at 75% he is a load especially in the playoffs and there is no doubt we will be thin at Dline either with multiple players out or playing hurt or combo of both... 

My biggest fear is the Titans running game gets going and Tannehill has shown he is a solid QB with play action, short passing game which will be very effective with their running game.  

On positive side, their defense is not great against the pass but front 7 have been sacking the QB, and they have been a good bend don't break defense.. 

If any  of our playoff games  comes down to the trenches it will be this one... which worries me
Reply/Quote
As with all our games, we live and die with Burrow. Keep him on his feet and off his back and we have a chance.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Whatever happens, it's going to be hard-fought and thrilling with zero chance for a blowout by either side.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually I believe Tenn is a better team because of those injuries, their backup RBs played pretty well and it sounds Jones is fully healthy and trust me anyone that has watched Henry knows even if at 75% he is a load especially in the playoffs and there is no doubt we will be thin at Dline either with multiple players out or playing hurt or combo of both... 

My biggest fear is the Titans running game gets going and Tannehill has shown he is a solid QB with play action, short passing game which will be very effective with their running game.  

On positive side, their defense is not great against the pass but front 7 have been sacking the QB, and they have been a good bend don't break defense.. 

If any  of our playoff games  comes down to the trenches it will be this one... which worries me
Good observations.  The Bengals have one of the best locker rooms and chemistry I've seen this year.   The Titans have a great one too though.   They also seem to thrive on overcoming adversity and proving naysayers wrong.  Some interesting similarities. 
Reply/Quote
I like the match up because of the Bengals passing game. If they can get a lead and make the Titans throw it then that works in their favor.
Should be a tough game because the Titans have beat a lot of good teams this year and they are the #1 seed.

Hopefully theD line is healthy because Tennessee wants to limit Tannehills throwing and let the run game win it for them. Stop the run, keep Burrow upright and they have a good shot.
Reply/Quote
Have to get the Titans out of their comfort zone. Have to score early and often and make them play from behind.
Reply/Quote
No team is undefeated, the browns fans like to talk trash about how they beat us twice, that's all they can hold onto, they beat the superbowl winner twice in a year
Reply/Quote