Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WHY AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME POSSIBLE FOR BENGALS
Tennessee prone to turnovers, Bengals have been stingy in turning it over lately. That could be the story. Very similar defenses. Our attrition on DLine depth is an issue but we still have our biggest piece that allows us to play the way we want in Reader
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:57 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Tennessee prone to turnovers, Bengals have been stingy in turning it over lately.  That could be the story.  Very similar defenses.  Our attrition on DLine depth is an issue but we still have our biggest piece that allows us to play the way we want in Reader

I wonder how many times we have fumbled in special teams so far. We should be able to attract a ST kick returner and some OL next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:50 AM)kevin Wrote: Look, I'm not being sarcastic here.  I'm being serious.  OK. Bengals lost to Jets, I get you.  I'm talking about what have these teams done lately.   Look up Tennessee schedule and what they have done lately is average.  Look at the highlights of Pittsburgh and 49ers games who Bengals also played lately.   Now Dr Z , if you just want to put down Bengals and be sarcastic, I'm looking at this game more serious.  The game footage shows me Bengals could WIN and go on to AFC Championship Game.  All Bengals Fans should pull up Titans schedule and click on highlights of 49ers at Tennessee Game not that long ago. I think it shows Bengals match up well with Titans.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger

I pulled up the Titans schedule and I saw that 8 of their 12 wins were against teams that finished with a winning record.  That is twice as many as the Bengals (4).

And when I click on the Forty-niners game I see the Titans beating them while we lost to them.

And as for "lately" since the beginning of December Titans are 4-1 outscoring opponents by 51 points.  Bengals were 3-3 outscoring opponents by1 point.
Reply/Quote
TEN DEF 2021 Season Ranking
Rushing: 2nd
Passing: 25th

CIN OFF 2021 Season Ranking
Rushing: 23rd
Passing: 7th

CIN DEF 2021 Season Ranking
Rushing: 6th
Passing: 26th

TEN OFF 2021 Season Ranking
Rushing: 5th
Passing: 24th

I was interested in this so I looked it up. Just thought I would share.
Resource: footballdb.com
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:56 AM)M.W. Wrote: Honestly I WOULD feel better about this game than the Raiders game IF we didn't see all those defensive linemen go down. Henderickson and Oger would be major defensive losses. At least Shelvin is enormous so in theory he should at least block a gap...

That being said... If the OL gives Joe time and can open a running lane or two the Bengals offense can score on nearly every drive.

Agreed. It all centers around the health of the d-line. We need all hands on deck. Our defense barely held on while everyone was out, and obviously a weak rotation could spell disaster against the Tennessee run game.

If they get going, Joey B will barely touch the ball.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:32 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Good observations.  The Bengals have one of the best locker rooms and chemistry I've seen this year.   The Titans have a great one too though.   They also seem to thrive on overcoming adversity and proving naysayers wrong.  Some interesting similarities. 

very good observation also by you... and i agree, new clippings on the idea Titans are 4th best team of the 4 only helps that chemistry
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think having an elite run stuffer like Reader really helps us. I wonder how Henry ran against those Texan teams that had Reader on them?
Reply/Quote
Speaking of the locker room camaraderie, I love this clip so much

Reply/Quote
I want to play the AFC Championship game in Buffalo now just to see if they throw more dildos in the end zone
Reply/Quote
I want to add to the person that threw the Bengals losing to Jets out there in a wise crack remark.

I'm not going way back to start or middle of season. I'm looking at what Bengals and Titans have done lately.

Now I mentioned the 49ers at Tennessee highlights are worth clicking on. Anybody can find those by pulling up NFL Schedule and going to that game and clicking on the video. Announcers often compare Chase to 49ers Samuel, so it's a good watch. Bengals played 49ers close and 49ers played Tennessee close.

I will mention Tennessee lost at Steelers lately also, and Bengals swept Steelers.

It looks like Bengals should match up well and have a chance to beat Tennessee.

Bengals going to AFC Championship is very possible.

I do want to post that Randy Bullock made big kicks to beat 49ers. McPherson and Randy in the same game Saturday. Just saying, I like McPherson on Bengals.

Bengals fans may want to look at Titans game highlights in tight games with 49ers and Steelers lately who Bengals also played. I see Bengals matching up well. AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME is very possible for Bengals.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It's Friday Morning and I want to remind people what is really at stake here. Not who wins Rookie of Year and all that stuff.

Bengals have been to 2 AFC Championships. 1981 and 1988

So THIS GAME is ALL ABOUT getting back to THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP.

Everything else pales in comparison. The Bengals have a chance to get back to AFC CHAMPIONSHIP with a Win Saturday.

GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:56 AM)M.W. Wrote: Honestly I WOULD feel better about this game than the Raiders game IF we didn't see all those defensive linemen go down.  Henderickson and Oger would be major defensive losses. At least Shelvin is enormous so in theory he should at least block a gap...

That being said... If the OL gives Joe time and can open a running lane or two the Bengals offense can score on nearly every drive.

Oger?  Made me laugh.  At least they get Hendrickson back.

Shelvin is enormous, but in the limited action I'm seeing with him, he has trouble shedding blocks and seems to get tied up with his blocker and can't disengage to make the tackle.  I am glad they signed Kerr as he seems like a solid rotational piece to give Reader a blow now and then.  

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Reader at 3T a few snaps NEXT to Shelvin or Kerr.  That's almost 700 lbs in the middle and we have very capable run-stuffing ends and LBs with speed to get to the edge.  

I have said it before that stopping the run is all about attitude.  The defense will come out strong.  I have no doubts. 
Reply/Quote
With Ogunjobi hurt and the Bengals leaning heavily on BJ Hill to help slow the Titans rushing attack Saturday.

If successful, we may have to send Billy Price a game ball afterwards with a thank you note.  

Everything just feels like destiny to me.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
When you get to this point in the season, any team can win. This game will be decided on the following:

1. Red zone conversion. We can't kick field goals, have to convert inside the 20.
2. Turnovers
3. Sacks

We win 2-3 of those, and we'll win.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:46 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: They remind me of us. Lost some just bonkers games, but have beaten some great teams. Burrow is playing his best ball of his career these last 4 weeks. I’m confident in him. I am however, concerned about our defense.

if the DL cant stop the run... burrow cant save the day from the bench... So hopfully we be as healthy as possible.
Reply/Quote
Derrick Henry
A.J. Brown and Julio Jones
A Great Defensive Line
Tannehill can throw and he can take off and run for large gains.
Great Coaching

Tennessee is a great football team. Make no mistake. All of the 8 Teams left are Great Football Teams. Including Bengals.

Kansas City came out against Bengals. Touchdown, Touchdown, Touchdown, Touchdown.
Mahomes was laughing, it was so easy. He pointed to his eyes. He was faking everybody with his eyes He was laughing.
All the Chiefs were laughing how hey were clobbering the Bengals.
So how did Bengals Win ????????

Bengals in 2nd Half controlled THE CLOCK. Mahomes couldn't score because Burrow and Bengals had the ball most of the 2nd Half.

The Best Defense is a Good Offense.

The Best way to STOP Henry, AJ Brown, Julio Jones, Tannehill is for BENGALS to AVOID 3 and OUTS on OFFENSE.

3 and Out will wear out Bengals Defense and Tennessee will win easy.

Mixon
Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah
Joe Burrow
THEY ARE ALSO OUR DEFENSE.
The more they move the chains and eat clock and get scores, the less Mahomes, Hill, Kelce had the ball, the less Henry, Brown, Jones and Tannehill will have the ball.

3 and Outs People. That is THE KEY. AVOID 3 and OUTS.

In The 2nd Half against Chiefs, the Bengals Defense finally made them PUNT. BENGALS Dominated the 2nd Half by never letting Mahomes have the ball much.

Tennessee will beat Bengals brains in if Bengals Defense doesn't make some STOPS. Bengals offense must give Bengals Defense time off the field to avoid fatigue. Bengals Offense must also be Bengals Defense by moving the chains at eating clock and scoring points.

THAT IS HOW BENGALS BEAT CHIEFS. THAT IS ONLY WAY BENGALS WILL BEAT TENNESSEE.

I think our young Joe Namath like young JOE BURROW can WIN THIS GAME.

GO BENGALS to AFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
1981, 1988 and now 2021

GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote