Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHY NOT US?
I like this motto... fits well right now, without being too presumptuous.

[Image: 2akI28M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why can’t we be the new Kansas City Chiefs. Some people say that Cincinnati being a small market that they will never be the media darlings hates to talk about. With that you could also put the Kansas City Chiefs in that same category until Maholmes showed up. Why not us as the next Americas team that all the non real football fans jump on. We’re definitely going to be fun to watch and many people will start watching us to see what happens next. Why not us?
Reply/Quote
Good question, I like this team against anyone now that the coaching and the trenches are improved.

We always had talent, just needed our young players to grow and stay disciplined.

If we continue to block and tackle well why not us?
Reply/Quote
The only thing I worry about his depth particularly at WR and Edge. Other than that I think this team is a championship caliber team. Which I'm very happy but also shocked about.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:38 PM)J24 Wrote: The only thing I worry about his depth particularly at WR and Edge. Other than that I think this team is a championship caliber team. Which I'm very happy but also shocked about.

Same, hopefully either Tate, Irwin, Thomas or Morgan can play decent if we need it at depth at WR.

Hopefully Kareem gets 100%, I like Cam Sample as a depth piece though at Edge.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, hopefully either Tate, Irwin, Thomas or Morgan can play decent if we need it at depth at WR.
I think Tate and Thomas have shown enough "flashes" of good play that your hope seems reasonable.
Reply/Quote
Why not us? Well,what were we all looking at and hoping for from training camp on? The OL.We knew this team had all the pieces to be championship caliber team,but there was some uncertainty about the OL.Now that the OL is coming along,I think it lets them open up the playbook more,and be more aggressive.Joe Burrow can do more now.I agree.Why not us?
Reply/Quote
All I know is that I put $100 on the Bengals to win it all at 200 to 1 odds and another $50 at 25 to 1 to win the North.

I will be watching very closely......
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Line still scares me.

I feel like Burrow always had pressure in his face and teams will eventually find a way to get to him, especially the teams with the best pass rushes.

It could happen, but I just worry about Joe's health and about him having time to make throws.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Line still scares me.

I feel like Burrow always had pressure in his face and teams will eventually find a way to get to him, especially the teams with the best pass rushes.

It could happen, but I just worry about Joe's health and about him having time to make throws.

A lot of the hits Burrow was taking earlier this season were on him tbh. To his credit, it’s been a night and day difference the last few weeks.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A lot of the hits Burrow was taking earlier this season were on him tbh. To his credit, it’s been a night and day difference the last few weeks.

True and just what I wanted to see from him. Cut down on the needless INTS and he is trending for a shot at MVP.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A lot of the hits Burrow was taking earlier this season were on him tbh. To his credit, it’s been a night and day difference the last few weeks.

Just curious... how do you link a twitter tweet?
I usually end up taking a screenshot because I don't know how to do it.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:33 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Just curious... how do you link a twitter tweet?
I usually end up taking a screenshot because I don't know how to do it.

On mobile you just copy the code and the site embeds it automatically.

Reply/Quote

That's shocking to me because it looked like he was getting hit or pressured every time he dropped back to pass against the Ratbirds.
Reply/Quote
TEST...

https://twitter.com/PFF_AndrewR/status/1452696464610795529?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1452696464610795529%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fthebengalsboard.com%2FThread-WHY-NOT-US
Reply/Quote
TEST 2...

[url=
Reply/Quote
I'm on desktop right now... I give up.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's shocking to me because it looked like he was getting hit or pressured every time he dropped back to pass against the Ratbirds.

Well, yeah, they blitzed him like crazy. But they only got one sack out of it, and Burrow ended up torching them.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:43 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I'm on desktop right now... I give up.

Someone that links them on a desktop can probably help you more. I’m sure it’s different than mobile.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 03:59 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Why can’t we be the new Kansas City Chiefs.  Some people say that Cincinnati being a small market that they will never be the media darlings hates to talk about.

Cincy is already on the way to being media darlings. People love you guys. Saints fan here, also a small market, but we were the ultimate media darlings back in 2009 when we made that Super Bowl run. Winning cures that. NFL is better than the NBA in that aspect. The NBA flat out just doesn’t care about 90% of the league (you know they hated Milwaukee wining), whereas if you win in the NFL people are going to pay attention. 

I’m biased because of Burrow and Chase obviously, but from an outside perspective it does seem like the stars are aligning for the Bengals. Even the team chemistry comes across through the Mic’D up and you guys are flat out fun to watch. 
Reply/Quote