Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHY NOT US?
(10-25-2021, 05:51 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Cincy is already on the way to being media darlings. ....

I think drafting Burrow definitely helped with that.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, yeah, they blitzed him like crazy. But they only got one sack out of it, and Burrow ended up torching them.

People can say hey the offensive line gave up pressure but the Ravens blitzed 17 times in this game. They also did alot of pass rush disguises dropping guys and bringing others. Of course the line gave up pressure especially early it was hoe they handled it throughout the game that matters.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:53 PM)Synric Wrote: People can say hey the offensive line gave up pressure but the Ravens blitzed 17 times in this game. They also did alot of pass rush disguises dropping guys and bringing others. Of course the line gave up pressure especially early it was hoe they handled it throughout the game that matters.

Agreed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, yeah, they blitzed him like crazy. But they only got one sack out of it, and Burrow ended up torching them.

Thanks for schooling me!

I know that he was killing it under pressure but it just seemed to me like they were getting a lot more of it than they actually were.

How do they calculate pressure, though?  I do wonder about that because, in this video of the first quarter, it seems like the defense gets pressure on every pass play but two, whether it be Joe scrambling or getting the ball out quickly when a defender beats the lineman. 

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 06:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Thanks for schooling me!

I know that he was killing it under pressure but it just seemed to me like they were getting a lot more of it than they actually were.

How do they calculate pressure, though?  I do wonder about that because, in this video of the first quarter, it seems like the defense gets pressure on every pass play but two, whether it be Joe scrambling or getting the ball out quickly when a defender beats the lineman. 

After the 1st quarter the Ravens pretty much stopped getting pressure, at least on a consistent basis, even even blitzing. Our Oline definitely won way more plays then they lost the last 3 quarters and our Dline dominated pretty much the whole game. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:51 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Cincy is already on the way to being media darlings. People love you guys. Saints fan here, also a small market, but we were the ultimate media darlings back in 2009 when we made that Super Bowl run. Winning cures that. NFL is better than the NBA in that aspect. The NBA flat out just doesn’t care about 90% of the league (you know they hated Milwaukee wining), whereas if you win in the NFL people are going to pay attention. 

I’m biased because of Burrow and Chase obviously, but from an outside perspective it does seem like the stars are aligning for the Bengals. Even the team chemistry comes across through the Mic’D up and you guys are flat out fun to watch. 

Sure hope you are right man, we have been a joke for so long and being in the same division with Pitt and Baltimore sure hasn't 
helped as they win Superbowls. Yesterday's game was a statement though along with the game in Pitt. 

Cannot look past us anymore. 

That player for the Ravens that said it was going to be a blood bath sure looks like an idiot today lol

True about the NBA, cannot stand the way it was years of just Lebron over and over. Happy the Bucks won for once.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 06:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure hope you are right man, we have been a joke for so long and being in the same division with Pitt and Baltimore sure hasn't 
helped as they win Superbowls. Yesterday's game was a statement though along with the game in Pitt. 

Cannot look past us anymore. 
Keep the faith. If my Saints (we used to call them the Aint’s) can turn it around with a good QB you guys can too. It was either New Orleans or Cleveland (I think) who started the brown paper bag trend. We were historically so bad that my dad, a diehard Saints fan, raised me to not be a Saints fan. “I don’t want you to go through what I had to go through as a Saints fan, They’ll just break your heart.” LOL

Very exciting time for you guys.
Reply/Quote