Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WILL BENGALS HIRE SCOUTS NOW ?
(01-05-2018, 03:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: There you have it......*sigh*.

I can't believe that anyone would assume that Lewis' ways are all that much different than Brown's. They are both extremely conservative and uninspiring in their approaches.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:21 PM)Dark-Net-Axon Wrote: I can't believe that anyone would assume that Lewis' ways are all that much different than Brown's. They are both extremely conservative and uninspiring in their approaches.

True that....almost like conjoined twins.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: There you have it......*sigh*.

Then there is no Commitment To Super Bowl...and we remain team with smallest cheapest scouting department in NFL. ...and there is no addition by subtraction ....We remain team with smallest cheapest scouting department ....This puts the other 31 NFL teams at a huge advantage. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:23 PM)kevin Wrote: Then there is no Commitment To Super Bowl...and we remain team with smallest cheapest scouting department in NFL. ...and there is no addition by subtraction ....We remain team with smallest cheapest scouting department ....This puts the other 31 NFL teams at a huge advantage. 

Yup! More of the same most likely......yay us?

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 02:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: at least 2...  OL Coach and Defensive Coordinator

Hopefully 3... a new LB Coach
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 02:37 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I agree with your premise, but getting rid of Piano Man is most definitely addition by subtraction.  This was the man that scouted, lobbied for, and then couldn't coach up Bodine, Ogbuehi, and Fisher, after all.......

And Nate Livings, Johnathan Luigs, Reggie Stephens, Eric Ghiuchuc, Tanner Hawkinson, Otis Hudson et al.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I don't see the Bengals hiring full time guys but with a the shake up on the coaching staff I can see a couple extra part timers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:31 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't see the Bengals hiring full time guys but with a the shake up on the coaching staff I can see a couple extra part timers.

Given Mike Brown’s disdain for the FA process, it boggles the mind why he won’t invest in a very large scouting program to maximize the team’s chances of developing cheap, young talent. If you’re only going to build via the draft, you damn sure better nail the draft. Yet, the Bengals have the smallest scouting department in the NFL by a significant margin.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:27 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: And Nate Livings, Johnathan Luigs, Reggie Stephens, Eric Ghiuchuc, Tanner Hawkinson, Otis Hudson et al.

......yup.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:07 PM)kevin Wrote: Then there wasn't a hidden joke as with McC, so hidden that there was no joke....I still disagree that firing Alexander equals hiring scouts. That is Bengals Math that has led to 27 years of no play-off wins....The Math is very simple, with or without Coach Alexander, if the Bengals remain the NFL team with the fewest scouts, then they remain the NFL team with the fewest scouts.  The team with the fewest scouts is the team with the fewest scouts, I hope people can agree on that.  Being the team with the fewest scouts and being the team with 27 years of no play-off wins, I hope people can agree on those 2 things....This is why I repeat that Bengals need to hire scouts.  It just kills this teams chances by having the smallest scouting staff in the NFL. 
Lighten up,  Francis.

You're not really delivering anything not known by one and all. 

It is what it is with the organization.  The smart money for fans is to realize who we're talking about and quit wishing for shit that will never happen.  Lot less crabbiness that way, unless crabbiness is your thing.

Maybe we should ask Romo.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:57 PM)McC Wrote: Lighten up,  Francis.

You're not really delivering anything not known by one and all. 

It is what it is with the organization.  The smart money for fans is to realize who we're talking about and quit wishing for shit that will never happen.  Lot less crabbiness that way, unless crabbiness is your thing.

Maybe we should ask Romo.

I doubt we can get Romo to scout, but certainly we could get good scouts to ask, if Mike Brown wasn't so damn cheap.  Have we became so Bengalized or Bungalized that we can say the smart money is for fans to quit wishing for things from Mike Brown that will never happen.   EVERY OTHER NFL TEAM HAS MORE SCOUTS THAN BENGALS.  This puts Bengals at huge disadvantage in scouting free agents, draft picks and scouting upcoming opponents and preparing solid game plans. THE BENGALS HAVE THE LONGEST STREAK WITHOUT A PLAY-OFF WIN IN NFL.  Very possible then fewest scouts and no play-off wins a just part of Mike Brown cheapness.   It's been said on here Marvin Lewis already said no new scouts.  Marvin accepting Mike Browns cheapness may be why Marvin stays longer than fans can comprehend.  

So in this discussion it was pointed out Marvin Lewis says there will be no new scouts.  On this I will indeed crab and complain.  Bengals remain the smallest cheapest scouting department in the NFL.  All this talk that the Bengals are committed to winning the Super Bowl is just talk.  Mike Brown continues to have the cheapest, smallest, cheapest scouting department in NFL and is not doing one thing to keep up with the other 31 NFL teams in scouting.   This is not something we have to be Bengalized or Bungalized on and accept happily.   There is nothing to be happy about that Bengals starting another off season with more Super Bowl hype is yet again coming with the same cheapness out of Mike Brown as all his non play-off win seasons. 

So the Bengals continue as THE CHEAPEST, SMALLEST scouting department in NFL as the franchise going longest WITHOUT A PLAY-OFF WIN....So there is no new Commitment To Super Bowl by Mike Brown and the continued CHEAPNESS and Commitment To Losing by Mike Brown is nothing to be happy about or accept as good little Bengalized, Bungalized Fans. ...There is not one good reason why Bengals remain dead last in scouting, and I refuse to be Happy about this cheapness to a fault.   Scouts could bring better draft picks, and better game preparation, and more wins getting more out of the money Mike Brown will spend anyway.  The other 31 teams understanding scouts in the end save you money, and not to have them is Cheapness To A Fault. 

For a day or two I believed Bengals were willing to make all changes needed to go Super Bowl. I believed. When I started this thread I believed and hoped scouts would be hired. ..Hearing that Marvin and Mike say no scouts will be hired means they ARE NOT truly making changes to go Super Bowl. There is no addition by subtraction as we remain the fewest scouts in the NFL, greatly hurting our Bengals as if fighting with one arm cut off. There is no reason for no scouts other than having the cheapest owner in NFL. To say Bengals are right means Patriots, Steelers, all Super Bowl teams are wrong. Common sense tells me Bengals with no play-off wins under Mike Brown are wrong. 31 other NFL teams have scouts to go with coaches, but not Mike Brown.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry but I can't read all that. But I get the gist. You keep on wishing and get back to me when one comes true. Wish for a bubble and a GM while you're at it.

Is seeing something for 27 years and recognizing it to be true what being Bengalized means? If so, call me Bengalized.

To be fair, I never thought PA would be gone so nothing is impossible. The realist in me thinks the more likely outcome is that Mike is not gonna do a complete 180 at this point in time. He won't give it way all at once.

If he keeps stepping outside himself and changing more and more, fantastic. If he doesn't, well, I didn't expect him to.

I am a firm believer in the old proverb about the things you can change and the things you can't. But that's just me.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
It sucks the smart money is on Mike Brown not doing anything to improve this team. Nothing I'm content or happy with. Talk by Bengals of changing anything to Win Super Bowl of course is pure Bengal B.S.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 10:57 PM)kevin Wrote: It sucks the smart money is on Mike Brown not doing anything to improve this team.  Nothing I'm content or happy with.  Talk by Bengals of changing anything to Win Super Bowl of course is pure Bengal B.S.

You make a bunch of promises in January that don't come true in March.  You toss PA to the wolves, not just because he needed it, but as an appeasement.  It's campaign promises.  Promise to change and then go on doing what you've always done.

Reply/Quote
What are you really going to get out of hiring scouts now? I mean, any scout that is worth anything is already employed. Adding scouts now is a great idea but it's not going to help for this upcoming year. That data would have had to have been collected already throughout this past year.

I agree hiring additional scouts makes sense. But let's be real and understand that is a move towards the future. Important, YES! But no impact for 2018.

We need to win NOW! The window is still open but closing quickly. Marvin knows this.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 10:31 PM)McC Wrote: I'm sorry but I can't read all that.  But I get the gist.  You keep on wishing and get back to me when one comes true.  Wish for a bubble and a GM while you're at it.

Is seeing something for 27 years and recognizing it to be true what being Bengalized means?  If so, call me Bengalized.

To be fair, I never thought PA would be gone so nothing is impossible.  The realist in me thinks the more likely outcome is that Mike is not gonna do a complete 180 at this point in time.  He won't give it way all at once.

If he keeps stepping outside himself and changing more and more, fantastic.  If he doesn't, well, I didn't expect him to.

I am a firm believer in the old proverb about the things you can change and the things you can't.  But that's just me.

He very begrudgingly gives just a little at a time every couple years or so. So, at this rate, he will be at the same level (truly wanting to win a championship at any cost) as other owners, prolly around 2037. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 11:02 PM)McC Wrote: You make a bunch of promises in January that don't come true in March.  You toss PA to the wolves, not just because he needed it, but as an appeasement.  It's campaign promises.  Promise to change and then go on doing what you've always done.

EEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGGGGGZACTLY!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Do bears shit in bathrooms of their gender preference at Target?

Hell to the naw!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:27 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: And Nate Livings, Johnathan Luigs, Reggie Stephens, Eric Ghiuchuc, Tanner Hawkinson, Otis Hudson et al.

Oh man! Can you imagine if that was our starting 5 (+1 backup)? Any one of them is infuriating in his own right. I’d definitely break something.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:36 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Given Mike Brown’s disdain for the FA process, it boggles the mind why he won’t invest in a very large scouting program to maximize the team’s chances of developing cheap, young talent.  If you’re only going to build via the draft, you damn sure better nail the draft.  Yet, the Bengals have the smallest scouting department in the NFL by a significant margin.

Mike Brown doesn't seem to care for the optional add-ons that go with running an NFL team, and when we does go with one he finds a way to make sure a family member or friend is in the position forever.

What do NFL teams not technically have to have?

A GM
indoor practice failities
scouting department
a myriad of things behind the scenes players have pointed out

and I'm sure there are more.  I once joked that if the draft were somehow optional Mike Brown would forgo it and tell us all how signing guys who aren't drafted is better because they're all mad and hungry and want to get revenge on all the teams who passed them over.
Reply/Quote