Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WJ3 - "I'm happy I'm out"
Apparently, WJ3 appeared on a radio show in Washington, taking a "dig" at the Bengals.

Quote:"Cincinnati, they got some crude fans, man. Misery loves company," Jackson said with a laugh. "Them dudes, they wonder why they're not winning. I'm happy I'm out of that thing man. It's a blessing to get away and I wish them the best, but Washington let's go from here."
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/william-jackson-iii-takes-shot-at-bengals-and-fan-base-during-interview
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, well, he talks funny.

Reply/Quote
Interesting. Mike Daniels seems to like being in Cincy and then you have WJ3 running away.

I think it's less about the coaches and more about the losing taking a huge toll on a person.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Leave with class, WJ3.
Reply/Quote
No problem with him taking a shot at the organization. I don't blame him for being glad to be out. But taking a shot at the fanbase? Give me a freaking break.

"Cincinnati fans are crude?" Get back to me after playing a season in NFC North. Tell me where we rank compared to Eagles and Giants fans. For your sake, I hope some Philly scumbag doesn't drill you with some batteries.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a jab at the fan base more than anything to me. He has seen a lot of empty seats though and heard a lot of boo's and probably other "crude" things. Some players aren't used to that and dont want to be a part of it. High school and college sports are different though. The fan bases on those levels usually show up and cheer even in the worst of times. It's not as much that way in the pro's, and we are definitely bad for it because we hang onto the 90's more than we do the Carson/Chad and Dalton/Green years. His last few years here had to be tough for someone who apparently wants to be loved by his fans.
Reply/Quote
Sure didn't act like Eifert, AJ or Geno did...

Might be a Cornerback thing. They can be a bit cocky and classless at times.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:33 PM)Synric Wrote: Interesting. Mike Daniels seems to like being in Cincy and then you have WJ3 running away.

I think it's less about the coaches and more about the losing taking a huge toll on a person.

Yeah, WJ3 never had a winning season here, which I can imagine sours a guy on a place.

Also gotta remember that Mike Daniels is a guy heading into his age 32 season, is on his 3rd straight season with a 1 year deal, and has been on the IR each of the last 3 seasons. 

I doubt there's a huge market for him these days. He can't afford to run his mouth and burn bridges like WJ3 can with his $26m guaranteed. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure didn't act like Eifert, AJ or Geno did...

He's always struck me as a "me first" guy anyway. After his first really good year, he always talked more about his personal goals than team goals. It was him making pro bowl, etc. Never talked much about the team winning games. It was always more about him. I noticed that years ago. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, WJ3 never had a winning season here, which I can imagine sours a guy on a place.

Also gotta remember that Mike Daniels is a guy heading into his age 32 season, is on his 3rd straight season with a 1 year deal, and has been on the IR each of the last 3 seasons. 

I doubt there's a huge market for him these days. He can't afford to run his mouth and burn bridges like WJ3 can with his $26m guaranteed. Lol

Daniels only played here with mostly cardboard cutout fans though lol. He hasnt experienced the bad years with empty seats and pissed off fans like we all have. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, WJ3 never had a winning season here, which I can imagine sours a guy on a place.

Exactly...and that's why I feel you should filter guys out after so many losing seasons. You start to build a loser mentality, become bitter and possibly become a cancer. It happened to us a lot with guys like Pickens, Dillon, Chad and even Carson.

The losing makes you toxic. Better to move on than to let that attitude fester across the whole team...which is what we did in the 90s.

So hearing this makes me happy WJ3 is out.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:47 PM)bengaloo Wrote: He's always struck me as a "me first" guy anyway. After his first really good year, he always talked more about his personal goals than team goals. It was him making pro bowl, etc. Never talked much about the team winning games. It was always more about him. I noticed that years ago. 

Never really noticed, but it seems you were right Bengaloo.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly...and that's why I feel you should filter guys out after so many losing seasons. You start to build a loser mentality, become bitter and possibly become a cancer. It happened to us a lot with guys like Pickens, Dillon, Chad and even Carson.

The losing makes you toxic. Better to move on than to let that attitude fester across the whole team...which is what we did in the 90s.

So hearing this makes me happy WJ3 is out.

That sums it up pretty well. But the Redskins fans can be crude too, big time lol. Two of my closest friends are Redskins fans. Fortunately for W3 they are looking up currently. 
Reply/Quote
Well I for one will let you know if you suck WJ3
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure didn't act like Eifert, AJ or Geno did...

Pac still loves us. Lol

Reply/Quote
He is from the Pittsburgh area. That is all that needs to be said.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:53 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: He is from the Pittsburgh area. That is all that needs to be said.

He’s from Texas.

Reply/Quote
Yeah spoken.like a true CB who had more drops
Than INTs in his career here.
Never once stepped up and decided to be a leader
Of the secondary.
He was always good for giving up a huge catch in the
4th q. When.the Bengals needed a stop.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No problem with him taking a shot at the organization.  I don't blame him for being glad to be out.  But taking a shot at the fanbase?  Give me a freaking break.

"Cincinnati fans are crude?"  Get back to me after playing a season in NFC North.  Tell me where we rank compared to Eagles and Giants fans.  For your sake, I hope some Philly scumbag doesn't drill you with some batteries.

It might not get worse than Philly fans. I know its hard being a Bengal fan, especially a Bengal fan since the 80's/90's.... but we've handled it better than some teams, imo. I would not want to play in Philly or NY if I were an NFL player. 
Reply/Quote
I like the part of the article where it points out the Bengals signed two other corners before he signed his contract. Sour grapes.
Reply/Quote