Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WJ3 - "I'm happy I'm out"
It was clear he wanted out based on the fact that we signed Waynes to an exorbitant contract with WJIII sitting right there on the roster. If he wanted to stay, he could have. I almost guarantee that same contract was offered to him before it was offered to Waynes.

It's inevitable that some players simply won't mesh well with the culture, coaches, players, atmosphere of one team or another. WJIII was that for us.

I wish him well in Washington.
Reply/Quote
Every NFL fan base has crude fans.

A-holes everyplace and walks of life.

Let me remind you all that Mixon stated "if we(the fans)could do better that we should come outta the stands".

A lot of professional athletes are cocky A-holes themselves.

Firey attitudes are how some of them tick and that can be a positive as equally as negative.

Kinda funny he points to the fans as the reason why they were losing.

We have zero to do with any wins or losses yet shell out cash & time to watch and magically support it.

If he trashes on the ownership and coaches... hey join the club buddy!

We don't love em', or choose em, but it's all we got.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Actually, Im happy he's out too. Flashes of being a great CB in between huge stretches of mediocrity. Plus not pushing AB out of bounds and letting him run by for a TD was a mistake you might see in pee wee football. Let Washington pay top dollar for that "talent".
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 09:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Take.away his pick 6 of Rogers he did nothing that made.You go Oh wow great pick Tobin

He shut AB down pretty effectively his first season. Which pretty much no one was doing back then. Let’s not pretend he was a scrub just cause he’s talking shit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He shut AB down pretty effectively his first season. Which pretty much no one was doing back then. Let’s not pretend he was a scrub just cause he’s talking shit.

He played lights out his rookie year. 
Too bad that was his best year ever. 
He sure couldnt shut OBJ and his gimpy hip years later
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:19 PM)impactplaya Wrote: He played lights out his rookie year. 
Too bad that was his best year ever. 
He sure couldnt shut OBJ and his gimpy hip years later

That was actually his 2nd year. Missed his whole rookie year. That aside, it is worth noting that his second year was the last time the Bengals had a DC that wasn't hot trash.

Not that Guenther is great, but he's better than what followed after with Teryl Austin and Lou Anarumo.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 09:54 PM)Beaker Wrote: Actually, Im happy he's out too. Flashes of being a great CB in between huge stretches of mediocrity. Plus not pushing AB out of bounds and letting him run by for a TD was a mistake you might see in pee wee football. Let Washington pay top dollar for that "talent".

I believe it was Lamar. Or am I thinking of a different time?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That was actually his 2nd year. Missed his whole rookie year. That aside, it is worth noting that his second year was the last time the Bengals had a DC that wasn't hot trash.

Not that Guenther is great, but he's better than what followed after with Teryl Austin and Lou Anarumo.

Yeah... I never thought much of Jackson, but it couldn't have been great for him to play under 4 (counting Marvin) DCs during his short stay on the Bengals... Especially when 2 of them shouldn't have the job.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I couldn't care less about his shot at the fans or the org. I'm happy he's out, too. Tired of watching him fumble around trying to catch INTs.... and flailing about as the ball hit the ground.

Ready for new blood and not sad at the changing of the old guard. Not one bit. It's been needed for the last 2 years. WJ3 was part of so-so to crappy defenses every year he played and only seemed to become more and more mediocre the longer he was in Cincy.

I wish AJ, Williams, & Geno well. Since it couldn't be in Cincinnati, they deserve to end their careers wherever they wish. WJ3 will be remembered by me as.... not memorable at all.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:35 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... I never thought much of Jackson, but it couldn't have been great for him to play under 4 (counting Marvin) DCs during his short stay on the Bengals... Especially when 2 of them shouldn't have the job.

and "we are happy your gone" WJ3. You never wanted to tackle and had crap hands. I bet Awuzi plays better  and if you dont have at least 3 picks this yr playing behind that D line YOU WERE A WASTED FA PICK UP for WTF, i mean WFT.   
Reply/Quote
This is why I had no real desire to resign this guy to a big contract. You don't want your big money, core guys to have issues with maturity and professionalism. It was such a striking difference listening to all the new guys they brought in - mature, articulate, professional, team guys.

WJ3 is a decent player. But he's not the type of guy you build around, and he's getting paid like he is. Hard pass on that.
Reply/Quote
Like others have said, I'm not surprised he is talking about being happy to be gone, I'm just stunned he is going after the fans especially after a season that just happened with basically no fans for most of it...

I mean, if he comes out and says Taylor is a clown, and Lou is clueless and the organization is run poorly, I think none of us would be surprised. Yet, he goes after the fans.. and if he thinks it is bad here, man he may find the people in the stands in Washington are a little less forgiving...

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No problem with him taking a shot at the organization. I don't blame him for being glad to be out. But taking a shot at the fanbase? Give me a freaking break.

"Cincinnati fans are crude?" Get back to me after playing a season in NFC North. Tell me where we rank compared to Eagles and Giants fans. For your sake, I hope some Philly scumbag doesn't drill you with some batteries.

Giants fans are actually pretty classy to non-Eagle fans.

Jets fans, however........
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 11:47 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Giants fans are actually pretty classy to non-Eagle fans.

Jets fans, however........

At this point I think it's safe to say that sports fans in general suck, and all the players hate us.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:35 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I believe it was Lamar. Or am I thinking of a different time?

He never tackled anybody, so it could well be...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Get back to me after playing a season in NFC North.
NFC East. 

Taking a shot at our fans is low, **** him for doing so. But he's not wrong about the FO and our current coaches.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 08:27 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Talks funny? He sounds "slow". Maybe thats why he could only play man coverage. See man cover man, playing zone takes more brain power!! 

When he got drafted and gave his first interview, I remember the boards lighting up about how we had drafted "Radio."  I think we could have been closer to the truth than imagined. Zone concepts obviously escape him.
Reply/Quote
Well III, f*** off then.

Too crude?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No problem with him taking a shot at the organization.  I don't blame him for being glad to be out.  But taking a shot at the fanbase?  Give me a freaking break.

"Cincinnati fans are crude?"  Get back to me after playing a season in NFC North.  Tell me where we rank compared to Eagles and Giants fans.  For your sake, I hope some Philly scumbag doesn't drill you with some batteries.

I think we found  a player that reads the message boards lol

but we are a tame bunch compared to many fanbases
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 08:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think we found  a player that reads the message boards lol

but we are a tame bunch compared to many fanbases

Not sure about that. Throwing trash on Palmer’s lawn, booing Dalton at a charity softball game...

We have our fair share of cretins.

Reply/Quote