Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
WJ3 has a concussion
The already depleted defense gets even more depleted

[Image: 06303215-52-BF-4-A8-D-86-DA-17-BA2-F71-F9-DB.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Darius Phillips illness = "sick of this shit"
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Darius Phillips illness = "sick of this shit"

Thats probably true.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Darius Phillips illness = "sick of this shit"

His level of play vs Indy made me pretty sick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
And the hits keep on coming. No pun intended.
Reply/Quote
OBJ and Landry are going to torch us if we don’t have even one starting CB out there...

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 09:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: OBJ and Landry are going to torch us if we don’t have even one starting CB out there...

I bet WJIII shows up and shuts down OBJ, but Phillips sucks ass (again) and the other weapons go off...
Reply/Quote
Dunlap and Atkins NIR

NIR = Not Invested Really
Reply/Quote
Need to have Will Jax out there, he is by far our best Corner. Sims was terrible against Indy.
Reply/Quote
I need to know who the petty person is who rated this thread one star.

I've been meaning to bring up this discussion for awhile. Who are the people who go around rating perfectly reasonable threads just because they don't like news?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 02:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I need to know who the petty person is who rated this thread one star.

I've been meaning to bring up this discussion for awhile. Who are the people who go around rating perfectly reasonable threads just because they don't like news?

Welcome to TBB
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to have Will Jax out there, he is by far our best Corner. Sims was terrible against Indy.

So long as it's man coverage. No idea why they keep trying to put a really nice square peg into a round hole.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 02:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So long as it's man coverage. No idea why they keep trying to put a really nice square peg into a round hole.

So true, as a matter of fact all our Corners are Man Corners and everytime they go Zone it shows when we get burnt.

The stupidity...Bang Head
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true, as a matter of fact all our Corners are Man Corners and everytime they go Zone it shows when we get burnt.

I'd like to see the defense use WJIII like other teams use their top corner.

Place him each week in man coverage against the other teams' top WR.

Let's him focus on getting prepared to guard that one guy, be interesting to see if he is up to the challenge. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 02:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So long as it's man coverage. No idea why they keep trying to put a really nice square peg into a round hole.

Because you can't just play one or the other... Teams have to mix up their coverages if you play strictly man coverage OCs will take the defense apart just like they would if you played strictly zone.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 02:37 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'd like to see the defense use WJIII like other teams use their top corner.

Let's him focus on getting prepared to guard that one guy, be interesting to see if he is up to the challenge. 

I bet he would be for the most part.

(10-22-2020, 02:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Because you can't just play one or the other... Teams have to mix up their coverages if you play strictly man coverage OCs will take the defense apart just like they would if you played strictly zone.

Yeah you have to change it up but it isn't a coincidence that most of the time when we get burnt and specifically WJ3 gets
burnt that is usually in Zone coverage. Use these guys in more Man coverage is all I am saying where they are much better.

Cannot hurt and I bet it would help big time.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true, as a matter of fact all our Corners are Man Corners and everytime they go Zone it shows when we get burnt.

(10-22-2020, 02:37 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'd like to see the defense use WJIII like other teams use their top corner.

I can't help but wonder if WJ3 will want to re-sign here. If he goes elsewhere and they play him to his strengths, I wouldn't be shocked to see him become a Pro Bowl/All-Pro lockdown man coverage CB there.

Still remember the job he did when they put him on Antonio Brown.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 03:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I can't help but wonder if WJ3 will want to re-sign here. If he goes elsewhere and they play him to his strengths, I wouldn't be shocked to see him become a Pro Bowl/All-Pro lockdown man coverage CB there.

Still remember the job he did when they put him on Antonio Brown.

I so wish we could bring in Wade Phillips as HC. Dude wants a job and he would help to keep players like WJ3 and Lawson 
here. I want to keep our good players, get rid of the dead weight and upgrade the trenches. Wade would know how to use 
these guys and wouldn't need the LB coach calling the Line plays.
Reply/Quote
that would require firing zac taylor, why hasn't mikey done it yet, we won't be winning with him, what's he doing here
Reply/Quote

A CB who flourishes in Zone might have trouble in man coverage, but a CB who can play man should not have any problems playing Zone.

If you can bang a guy coming off the line and stick with him in man there is no reason that you can't play zone.
Reply/Quote