Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WJIII hoping to sign long-term deal with Bengals
(06-06-2020, 12:04 AM)J24 Wrote: He was highly rated in 2017(90) and 2018(73)by PFF but had a down year last season (53). I think he is going to have a huge year this season and the Bengals will have a tough decision between him & Lawson has who they will franchise Tag next off-season.

Lawson is a sub package player.  He will never be taken as a consideration for the franchise tag.  I doubt that even Jackson has done enough for consideration.  The only candidates we have are AJ and Mixon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2020, 11:29 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Lawson is a sub package player.  He will never be taken as a consideration for the franchise tag.  I doubt that even Jackson has done enough for consideration.  The only candidates we have are AJ and Mixon.

Didn’t we franchise tag a kicker once?

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2020, 11:56 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Didn’t we franchise tag a kicker once?

Yes.  As the kicker is a special teams starter.  There wasn't one or more guys in front of him on the depth chart at his position, as is the case for Lawson.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2020, 02:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The former first-round pick struggled at times last season, partially due to a torn labrum in his right shoulder. 

He was placed on injured reserve after aggravating the injury against the Dolphins in Week 16. 

Despite being hurt, Jackson appeared in 14 of a possible 16 games last season. He underwent surgery in January. 

“It’s nagging, and it’s telling you to fix it. It’s a lot of pain," Jackson told Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. "I’m fully healthy and ready to go. I put on some muscle. I play some big receivers this year.”

The 27-year-old is hoping to sign a long-term deal with the Bengals. 

“They picked up my fifth-year option, so that was a blessing." Jackson said. “I just go out there and have fun and let everything play out. I love it in Cincinnati. I’m comfortable. They’ve got a great coaching staff and great teammates around me.

“I would love to come back [to Cincinnati]. Right now, I’m just focused and ready to get the season started."

According to Wilson, the Bengals rebuffed multiple NFL teams that inquired about him before the trade deadline last season.

Well the injury definitely explains his dip in play. Dude could be the best Corner in the league if he could catch the ball and
we need to use him in Man coverage, not Zone. That soft Zone shit needs to go, we drafted Man Corners, use them as such.

And yeah, get Will Jax for the long term, he could be great. Don't want him being great somewhere else.

Glad they picked up his option.
Reply/Quote
We will see what Wj3 brings this year. If he is not signed there are a couple good ones coming out in 2021 draft
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2020, 11:29 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Lawson is a sub package player.  He will never be taken as a consideration for the franchise tag.  I doubt that even Jackson has done enough for consideration.  The only candidates we have are AJ and Mixon.

Lawson is a premier pass rusher easily more valuable than both Mixon and AJ(@33). Same goes for a premium CB witch Jackson has showed to be in the past.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2020, 02:15 PM)J24 Wrote:
Lawson is a premier pass rusher easily more valuable than both Mixon and AJ(@33).
Same goes for a premium CB witch Jackson has showed to be in the past.

Were he that valuable, he would see more than 43% of the defensive snaps...

Don't get me wrong, I like Lawson and do want him to be here for the long term, and Jackson, but neither are elite players.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2020, 02:15 PM)J24 Wrote: Lawson is a premier pass rusher easily more valuable than both Mixon and AJ(@33). Same goes for a premium CB witch Jackson has showed to be in the past.

MellowMellowMellowMellowMellowMellowMellowMellowMellow
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2020, 08:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Were he that valuable, he would see more than 43% of the defensive snaps...

Don't get me wrong, I like Lawson and do want him to be here for the long term, and Jackson, but neither are elite players.

A one trick pony, and a one year wonder...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Lawson needs to stay healthy before even mentioning him in the same sentence as Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2020, 10:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lawson needs to stay healthy before even mentioning him in the same sentence as Mixon.

Mixon is easily a top 10 RB. Lawson is not even close to being one of the 10 best pass rushers in the league.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2020, 08:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Were he that valuable, he would see more than 43% of the defensive snaps...

Yes Lawson has been hurt but when he plays he is our best pass rusher. And before you mention sacks it's been well established that sacks are not the only way to judge Pass Rushers. For example Lawson lead the team in QB hits. In fact he had more QB hits in the last 4 games then Hubbard had all season. Dude is going to have a huge season this year!
(06-08-2020, 08:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: MellowMellowMellowMellowMellowMellowMellowMellowMellow

Care to elaborate?
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2020, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mixon is easily a top 10 RB. Lawson is not even close to being one of the 10 best pass rushers in the league.

Mixon is a RB who can be replaced with a cheaper option in the draft. Even if Lawson isn't a top 10 pass rusher he is not that far away from top 10( when Healthy he is the defenses version of Eifert). A top 20 pass rusher is a lot harder to replace than an elite RB.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2020, 02:22 AM)J24 Wrote: Mixon is a RB who can be replaced with a cheaper option in the draft. Even if Lawson isn't a top 10 pass rusher he is not that far away from top 10( when Healthy he is the defenses version of Eifert). A top 20 pass rusher is a lot harder to replace than an elite RB.

Mixon is not easily replaceable though. Plenty of RB’s would look like absolute dog shit behind the OL we trotted out the last couple years.

I like Lawson, but I think you’re slightly overrating him here. I think it would be easier to find another pass rusher in the draft that could put up similar numbers to Lawson, than it would be to find another RB that the greatest coach of all time says is probably the best RB in the league.

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2020, 02:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  Plenty of RB’s would look like absolute dog shit

Get off my lawn.

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2020, 02:18 AM)J24 Wrote: Yes Lawson has been hurt but when he plays he is our best pass rusher. And before you mention sacks it's been well established that sacks are not the only way to judge Pass Rushers. For example Lawson lead the team in QB hits. In fact he had more QB hits in the last 4 games then Hubbard had all season. Dude is going to have a huge season this year!

Care to elaborate?

That is one of the most ridiculous notions I've ever read on these boards.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2020, 07:09 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Get off my lawn.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2020, 09:00 PM)jason Wrote: A one trick pony, and a one year wonder...

(06-08-2020, 10:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lawson needs to stay healthy before even mentioning him in the same sentence as Mixon.

Lawson has a lot to prove before he's mentioned among the best. Sure I'd love to see him tear it up this season but I'm not banking on it.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 10:26 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Lawson has a lot to prove before he's mentioned among the best. Sure I'd love to see him tear it up this season but I'm not banking on it.

He is a damn fine pass rusher when healthy, he just rarely is healthy. He also can't cover and he hasn't shown the ability to 
stop the run consistently. As Jason said, he has been a one trick pony so far.
Reply/Quote