Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WJIII or Adam Jones?
Adam Jones had a very costly penalty against the Texans when they had 2nd and 20 that gave them an automatic first down. Granted, the penalty saved a sure TD, but it was his poor technique that got them in that situation to begin with.

A lot of passes to Hopkins were uncontested, and sometimes Jones was spinning away, fearing a double move upfield. I don't know if he just doesn't trust his speed or Hopkins (properly, WRs on the Bengals) waited for Jones to flip his hips before breaking off his route. 13 receptions is a hell of a lot.

From the limited action I have seen with WJIII, I think he should be starting over Jones. He is longer, faster, and has shown he belongs.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Put a fork im him. Jones got burned first play as well but wr dropped the ball. I do like his fire, like when Vigil missed an easy tackle n Jones yelled at him.
Reply/Quote
On the flip side we've seen AJ do the same and worse to CBs as well. Andre Hopkins ain't ezakly chopped liver out there. Despite his age few CBs bring the kind of intensity Jones does and it can be argued that sometimes that intensity goes over the top. That penalty saved 6 for sure and at that point was the only play available other than watching Hopkins run for 60 yards..     
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Jones played a good game. Hopkins is a top tier receiver, and Jones shut him down for the most part. Every corner is going to bet burned now and again. And one thing Jones brings that Jackson does not as of yet, is getting the backfield in the proper order.
Reply/Quote
Hopkins is a very good player but, without the ridiculous amount of pushing and shoving he gets away with, he'd be pretty average. A lot like Mike Evans.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'd keep Adam Jones as starter for now, but WJ3 NEEDS to be next off the bench when Jones comes out for a breather. Darqueze Dennard inspires zero confidence with his coverage and awful tackling.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 09:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Adam Jones had a very costly penalty against the Texans when they had 2nd and 20 that gave them an automatic first down.  Granted, the penalty saved a sure TD, but it was his poor technique that got them in that situation to begin with.

A lot of passes to Hopkins were uncontested, and sometimes Jones was spinning away, fearing a double move upfield.  I don't know if he just doesn't trust his speed or Hopkins (properly, WRs on the Bengals) waited for Jones to flip his hips before breaking off his route.  13 receptions is a hell of a lot.  

From the limited action I have seen with WJIII, I think he should be starting over Jones.  He is longer, faster, and has shown he belongs.  

Thoughts?

Paul Guenther put them in that situation to begin with. That was a terrible defensive scheme, and the smart penalty saved the TD.

A lot of passes were uncontested because Shawn Williams took out his own teammate's elbow and Adam was forced to play one-armed with no help against easily a top-10 WR who would probably be a top-5 WR if he ever had a semi-competent QB in his career.

Also where did you get the 13 receptions bit? Hopkins had 7 catches.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I thought Jones was out there balling. And the D seemed to feed of his energy as well. The Offense desperately needed a spark and I thought it was moronic that they didn't have Jones returning punts late. He's a more dangerous returner than Erickson
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 10:59 AM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: I'd keep Adam Jones as starter for now, but WJ3 NEEDS to be next off the bench when Jones comes out for a breather. Darqueze Dennard inspires zero confidence with his coverage and awful tackling.

...and inability to catch a game changing pick 6 that hits him in the numbers.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 10:12 AM)grampahol Wrote: On the flip side we've seen AJ do the same and worse to CBs as well. Andre Hopkins ain't ezakly chopped liver out there. Despite his age few CBs bring the kind of intensity Jones does and it can be argued that sometimes that intensity goes over the top. That penalty saved 6 for sure and at that point was the only play available other than watching Hopkins run for 60 yards..     

Ike Taylor said on TV that AJ Green made him quit football. He said that AJ beat him on a play usually he'd get mad about it but he just didn't care anymore. So Ike went to the coaches and told them to pUT on thr young guys lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'd like to see WJIII worked in a lot more. Dennard I've gave up hope for.
Reply/Quote
WJIII looks like a star in the making to me.

Get him more time somewhere before he is a FA.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Why cant picman move inside?

Giving Dennard playing time over WJ3 shows the genius of marvin.

Picman kirk and wj3 are our best CBs. Get them on the field when we need 3 CBs.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 02:36 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Why cant picman move inside?

Giving Dennard playing time over WJ3 shows the genius of marvin.

Picman kirk and wj3 are our best CBs. Get them on the field when we need 3 CBs.

Pacman played slot corner when he first got to Cincy. He didn't look as good there as he did on the boundary. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Did WJIII even play on Thursday? I just realized I didn't even see him.

Such an athlete, I loved the way Josh Shaw showed flashes last season. Would like to see both of them produce more.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 11:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Also where did you get the 13 receptions bit? Hopkins had 7 catches.

My bad...I think it said 13 targets.  He dropped several balls without being contested.
Reply/Quote
I was so high on Dennard after the draft then ge got injured. Then played like crap last 2 years, n so far tgis year has been the worst db. Im ready to move on from him. W3 needs to play. And yes id start him over pacman
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 07:08 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I was so high on Dennard after the draft then ge got injured.  Then played like crap last 2 years, n so far tgis year has been the worst db.  Im ready to move on from him. W3 needs to play.  And yes id start him over pacman

I think Dennard actually played well.  Does anyone have the PFF numbers on our DBs from the Texans game?
Reply/Quote
Im over #24 and his antics, don't even want him on this team. I'll take WJIII or K Russel at that corner spot any day..........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I would rather have WJ play because the season is over and he needs reps.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote