Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WJIII to have shoulder surgery
Cincinnati.com reporting that Jackson will have surgery on his right shoulder tomorrow and the timetable for his recovery is 4-5 months. They expect him to be 100% by training camp.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 02:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Cincinnati.com reporting that Jackson will have surgery on his right shoulder tomorrow and the timetable for his recovery is 4-5 months. They expect him to be 100% by training camp.

Which of course means he'll miss the first half of the season. 
Reply/Quote
I wonder if he is going to need a skin graft and what that recovery time will be, as he got burned a lot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 02:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Cincinnati.com reporting that Jackson will have surgery on his right shoulder tomorrow and the timetable for his recovery is 4-5 months. They expect him to be 100% by training camp.

So......it’s career ending huh.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 02:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I wonder if he is going to need a skin graft and what that recovery time will be, as he got burned a lot.

Damn! That’s good
Reply/Quote
This is his 2nd major upper body injury of his short career. Kid showed a lot of promise in 17, but has fallen off. His contract will be $10 Mil next year with 0 dead money. We might want to go ahead and settle up with him now.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 03:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is his 2nd major upper body injury of his short career. Kid showed a lot of promise in 17, but has fallen off. His contract will be $10 Mil next year with 0  dead money. We might want to go ahead and settle up with him now.

I've mentioned it a couple times that I think he would be an excellent guy to offer up in a trade for like a 3rd or 4th round pick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
So like many players when we wonder why their play has declined, he was playing hurt. Get it fixed now and be ready or camp.
Reply/Quote
No reason not to keep him. Just don't worry about paying him and spend the money allocated to his extension this FA period. Let him play out his rookie deal. Trade Dre if you want a trade.

This explains the cb signing and claim of late.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 04:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: No reason not to keep him. Just don't worry about paying him and spend the money allocated to his extension this FA period. Let him play out his rookie deal. Trade Dre if you want a trade.

This explains the cb signing and claim of late.

Doubt they are related.  There should always be moves to improve the bottom of the position group, and those were low risk moves that attempt to do so.
Reply/Quote
he's been playing with he shoulder injury most of the season which is why 2019 has been so bad for him. He should recover just fine.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Better to do it now than wait.
Reply/Quote
It's just a ding. He will be back after week 2
Reply/Quote