Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WJIII wants out too?
the team has been in 6 of 8 games..if a player is bailing now.. so be it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: the team has been in 6 of 8 games..if a player is bailing now.. so be it

Well we've only played 7
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:19 PM)Cicero Wrote: Kerry Coombs is just fine where he is thank you. 
Why do you say that??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:44 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: A lot of national media reporters have an anti-Bengal bias, as we know. 

That and there really hasn't been a whole lot of flattering things to say about this franchise in the past 30 years or so.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: the team has been in 6 of 8 games..if a player is bailing now.. so be it

We’ve only played 7 games...

And we’ve only lost by more than one score once.

Reply/Quote
Still yet to see anything that has a link to WJIII actually saying he wants out or even a comment from a credible source. The list is Dunlap, Atkins and Green and then they add in WJIII because he is a FA to be??

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’ve only played 7 games...

And we’ve only lost by more than one score once.

Yeah but we lead the universe in losses by one score. It's funny to me that the optimistic among us always point to that. We consistently lose those games, and an L is an L. Doesn't matter if it's by 3 or 30... I know that wasn't the point of your post. Just needed to get it off my chest. Seemed like an opening.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:46 PM)TheFan Wrote: I mean how many players have come out now and said stuff? At some point you stop blaming it on everyone else. Maybe the players just actually don't like this coaching staff. 

One that actually matters.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:59 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah but we lead the universe in losses by one score. It's funny to me that the optimistic among us always point to that. We consistently lose those games, and an L is an L. Doesn't matter if it's by 3 or 30... I know that wasn't the point of your post. Just needed to get it off my chest. Seemed like an opening.

I don’t like that excuse either. Just correcting Essex on all his wrongness.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:57 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Me too. Darrin Simmons for HC. Hue Jackson for OC. Kerry Coombs for DC (Zim v2.0)...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't think the Bengals could afford Coombs... LMAO

And he would get here and be like, where is the effort?  My guys at OSU are breathing fire when they take the field?  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 12:03 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: One that actually matters.

"Ouch"- Carlos Dunlap
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 09:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't think the Bengals could afford Coombs... LMAO

And he would get here and be like, where is the effort?  My guys at OSU are breathing fire when they take the field?  

WhoDey2 My point exactly! Zim v2.0...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 01:19 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 My point exactly! Zim v2.0...

Did Zim's guys breath fire in the playoffs? 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 03:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did Zim's guys breath fire in the playoffs? 
WhoDey2 Nope, but they sure as hell played a lot better than this ass clowns current defense. Why the negativity? Who would be your choice?

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
They should hire Greg Schiano as HC. Dude has Rutgers undefeated and tied for first in the Big 10 heading into November!! :)
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 04:42 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 Nope, but they sure as hell played a lot better than this ass clowns current defense. Why the negativity? Who would be your choice?

Not sure about anyone else, but Wade Phillips sitting on the couch would be an early phone call.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 09:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't think the Bengals could afford Coombs... LMAO

Yep. Coombs makes $1.4M annually, and I've read part of the reason he came back to OSU is how much that pay bump impacts his state retirement benefits. Hard for the Bengals to match that.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 05:53 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Yep. Coombs makes $1.4M annually, and I've read part of the reason he came back to OSU is how much that pay bump impacts his state retirement benefits. Hard for the Bengals to match that.

The best Bengals team of recent history had Gruden as OC, Zimmer as DC, and Marv as HC (Simmons as ST).  I am pretty sure that they paid Gruden and Zim over $1 million each, and Marv close to $5 (gulp).  You can see the value of good coordinators, although I am at least encouraged by what I have seen from the OC of late.  
Reply/Quote