Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WKU QB breads Burrow's TDs in a season record
Bailey Zappe of Western Kentucky  broke Joe Burrows TD record today.. What they don't tell you, is he did it against cupcakes and Burrow did it against the best conference in the NCAA... They had dude throwing on the goaline too, all day..
https://lsutigerswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/18/lsu-football-bailey-zappe-joe-burrow-record-wku-fbs/
Reply/Quote
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2021/12/18/bailey-zappe-ncaa-season-record-passing-yards-western-kentucky/8952425002/

And he did it in one less game.

Western Kentucky QB Bailey Zappe breaks Joe Burrow's NCAA record for TD passes in a season; also sets passing yards mark
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 06:15 PM)Tony Wrote: Bailey Zappe of Western Kentucky  broke Joe Burrows TD record today.. What they don't tell you, is he did it against cupcakes and Burrow did it against the best conference in the NCAA... They had dude throwing in the goaline too, all day..
https://lsutigerswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/18/lsu-football-bailey-zappe-joe-burrow-record-wku-fbs/

That's weird. I think we literally posted our threads at the same time. LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 06:18 PM)BengalRed Wrote: That's weird. I think we literally posted our threads at the same time. LOL

I saw that too lol..
Reply/Quote
Bengals fans clamor for Zac Taylor to be replaced by Zach Kittley in 3-2-1... Bengals renamed the Kitteys..with an L
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow now vows to shatter all NFL passing records this season just to make Zappe feel bad..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This guy was legit trying to break the record.. Throwing on the goaline every game.. Burrow only cared about winning.. That's all Western Kenrucky had, this record..
Reply/Quote
We need to draft Zappe... Mellow
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 06:18 PM)Tony Wrote: I saw that too lol..

Did the mods combine our threads? It's okay with me if they did.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 06:32 PM)Tony Wrote: This guy was legit trying to break the record.. Throwing on the goaline every game.. Burrow only cared about winning.. That's all Western Kenrucky had, this record..

If that's the case, I have less respect for the record. Kinda reminds me of when NBA players stay in during blowouts to reach scoring milestones or triple doubles.

(12-18-2021, 06:34 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Did the mods combine our threads? It's okay with me if they did.

Yeah they were merged. ThumbsUp

(12-18-2021, 06:32 PM)Interceptor Wrote: We need to draft Zappe... Mellow

Was thinking the same. How cool would it be to have this guy backing up Burrow?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 06:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

Ha. I get now. I meant to say breaks not breads. But I'm sure most of us are smart enough to figure that out. LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 06:34 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Did the mods combine our threads? It's okay with me if they did.

I think they did.. It's cool with me too..
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 06:15 PM)Tony Wrote: Bailey Zappe of Western Kentucky  broke Joe Burrows TD record today.. What they don't tell you, is he did it against cupcakes and Burrow did it against the best conference in the NCAA... They had dude throwing on the goaline too, all day..

Sure glad you made a thread to simultaneously shit on a kid's achievements and fluff the SEC.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well, grats to the kid. Records are made to be broken.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 07:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure glad you made a thread to simultaneously shit on a kid's achievements and fluff the SEC.

You're welcome!
Reply/Quote
Good job Zappe and now maybe he can go after Joe's other accomplishments of National Championship winner and MVP, plus a Heisman trophy winner.

But kudos to Baily Zappe on such an accomplishment. Great job kid and many of my friends are WKU alumni so know they are very happy today beating up on my Cards and setting the TD record all while winning Bowl game as well.

Good day to be a Hilltopper !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 06:32 PM)Tony Wrote: This guy was legit trying to break the record.. Throwing on the goaline every game.. Burrow only cared about winning.. That's all Western Kenrucky had, this record..

Maybe they just didn't want their RB to score TDs.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 10:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Good job Zappe and now maybe he can go after Joe's other accomplishments of National Championship winner and MVP,  plus a Heisman trophy winner.

But kudos to Baily Zappe on such an accomplishment. Great job kid and many of my friends are WKU alumni so know they are very happy today beating up on my Cards and setting the TD record all while winning Bowl game as well.

Good day to be a Hilltopper !

Maybe a little karma here. Lot's of death and destruction in Bowling Green. They need something to smile about. My wife's nephew is OC at South Warren HS and just a few weeks ago they won the Class 5 state championship. He and his family were unhurt in the storm thank God. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 11:10 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Maybe a little karma here. Lot's of death and destruction in Bowling Green. They need something to smile about. My wife's nephew is OC at South Warren HS and just a few weeks ago they won the Class 5 state championship. He and his family were unhurt in the storm thank God. 

Absolutely and I like to think that it was Karma for those good folk.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote