Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOW.....AJ NOT suspended.
WOW....Green not suspended.
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/11/06/cincinnati-bengals-a-j-green-not-suspended-fighting-jacksonville-jaguars-jalen-ramsey/836202001/
Reply/Quote
I am guessing the Refs must have spoken about it to the front office and their version of events must have been a bit more enlightening.

Combine that with AJ only ever being fined once before (to my knowledge, for that punt into the stands after the TD) and Jalen's reputation, and I guess I could see them saying the ejection was enough.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
damn...was looking forward to LaFell finally getting his chance as WR1 Ninja
Reply/Quote
Atleast we have a moral victory from sunday
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:17 PM)bengals73 Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/11/06/cincinnati-bengals-a-j-green-not-suspended-fighting-jacksonville-jaguars-jalen-ramsey/836202001/

Thanks for the link. I thought I had it included.
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing that if he had not been ejected from the game, he probably would have seen a one game suspension. But since he was booted in the first half, he effectively served a half game suspension already... and all things considered, that was sufficient. Wouldn't be surprised to see a fine, though.

Anybody know if they pro-rate a player's game check if he's thrown out of the game?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am guessing the Refs must have spoken about it to the front office and their version of events must have been a bit more enlightening.

Combine that with AJ only ever being fined once before (to my knowledge, for that punt into the stands after the TD) and Jalen's reputation, and I guess I could see them saying the ejection was enough.

Agreed. This doesn't happen with some added context....and most likely the refs witnessing the events leading up to the pummeling.
Reply/Quote
i didn't think he would given how things played out and his clean history. A fine I could see but a suspension not so much. I wonder how much we don't know about what was said between the players before the fight that the refs and others know which might have played a part.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:43 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Atleast we have a moral victory from sunday

That was more than a moral victory, AJ beat that punks ass. Kid was lucky he had a helmet on
Reply/Quote
There goes all hope for seeing Ross.
Reply/Quote
Reality is, the league views making AJ play for the Bengals and Marvin Lewis as punishment enough.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:49 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That was more than a moral victory, AJ beat that punks ass. Kid was lucky he had a helmet on

Took my boys to the game and watching AJ go full throttle on that guy was well worth the money wasted. I dare say we will never see that again from AJ.

I also thought we were going to see a Burfict co-main event as well.
Reply/Quote
Not surprised. He has never had any issues with the league before.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:49 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That was more than a moral victory, AJ beat that punks ass. Kid was lucky he had a helmet on

Lets see...AJ makes his livelihood doing 1 thing...catching footballs. So he decides to punch out the side of this guys helmet, which when compared to the force of a bare-hand punch, might as well have been a brick wall.  I think AJ was the lucky one. He could have easily jammed his wrist, busted a knuckle or finger. 
Reply/Quote
I said yesterday (and multiple times since) that I didn't think he would be suspended and that Mike Evans would be (he was). The difference AJ was penalized during the game. AJ is also a normally model player, never had previous disciplinary issues, refs said Ramsey instigated so all evidence logic pointed to no suspension.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:46 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Agreed. This doesn't happen with some added context....and most likely the refs witnessing the events leading up to the pummeling.

My question to the officials about this then, why didn't they stop this? I've seen flags fly when a player has said something they shouldn't have said..
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:50 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Reality is, the league views making AJ play for the Bengals and Marvin Lewis as punishment enough.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Sad but true
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am guessing the Refs must have spoken about it to the front office and their version of events must have been a bit more enlightening.

The referee stated after the game that Ramsey was ejected for instigation after having been repeatedly warned, i.e. there were other late shots and comments he had dished out earlier in the game.  I believe it was Lafell who stated AJ did what anyone would have done after that followed all of the facemask grabs, although I never saw any of those myself.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:52 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Took my boys to the game and watching AJ go full throttle on that guy was well worth the money wasted.  I dare say we will never see that again from AJ.  

I also thought we were going to see a Burfict co-main event  as well.

Yes, 55 was headin' that direction.
Reply/Quote