Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOW.....AJ NOT suspended.
(11-06-2017, 07:20 PM)BMK Wrote: Lets see...AJ makes his livelihood doing 1 thing...catching footballs. So he decides to punch out the side of this guys helmet, which when compared to the force of a bare-hand punch, might as well have been a brick wall.  I think AJ was the lucky one. He could have easily jammed his wrist, busted a knuckle or finger. 

Thank goodness he was wearing his gloves. Do you think the guy's ears were ringing after being punched a couple time his helmet ear hole?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:50 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Reality is, the league views making AJ play for the Bengals and Marvin Lewis as punishment enough.

No kidding.  

Normally, we here in the league offices would suspend a player for that kind of behavior.  But, you know, Bengals.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 08:03 PM)Derrick Wrote: Thank goodness he was wearing his gloves. Do you think the guy's ears were ringing after being punched a couple time his helmet ear hole?

Guarantee he didn't feel a single punch. The impact of two players running at each other and hitting helmets, or the head hitting the ground on a brutal tackle, is far more than a punch. Now the take down, that was a thing of beauty....
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:45 PM)BMK Wrote: I'm guessing that if he had not been ejected from the game, he probably would have seen a one game suspension. But since he was booted in the first half, he effectively served a half game suspension already... and all things considered, that was sufficient. Wouldn't be surprised to see a fine, though.

Anybody know if they pro-rate a player's game check if he's thrown out of the game?

I don't think so. As long as they are on the 53 and dress for the game, I think their check is secure.
Reply/Quote
The NFL realized it would be a bigger punishment to make him continue playing on this offense.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 07:26 PM)sandwedge Wrote: My question to the officials about this then, why didn't they stop this? I've seen flags fly when a player has said something they shouldn't have said..

My guess is the refs knew they screwed up by not ending the nonsense earlier. And then when they saw AJ get triggered they really knew they screwed the pooch. Especially if they told AJ they were aware of what Ramsey was doing and told AJ they were going to flag him but never did. I have a feeling the refs were covering their ass with the league by coming to AJs defense.
Reply/Quote
Thank goodness for the Bengals and my fantasy football team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The NFL cannot suspend the best player on the team when all he did was respond to constant bush league nonsense that had nothing to do with sportsmanship whatsoever. Ratings are already terrible and sinking fast.

NFL got it right this time.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:22 PM)sonofstat Wrote: damn...was looking forward to LaFell finally getting his chance as WR1 Ninja

Lol don’t you know?

Lafell
Is had one of the best years ever as a number 2 having to step up as a 1 last year
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 08:57 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The NFL realized it would be a bigger punishment to make him continue playing on this offense.

I actually believe this

After Andy missed him wide open I think AJ PLANNED on getting thrown out somehow
Reply/Quote
NFL is giving AJ a mulligan as he is one of the best personality superstars they have and know it's not likely to happen again. Vontaze would've got 8 games for the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am guessing the Refs must have spoken about it to the front office and their version of events must have been a bit more enlightening.

Combine that with AJ only ever being fined once before (to my knowledge, for that punt into the stands after the TD) and Jalen's reputation, and I guess I could see them saying the ejection was enough.

I guess this must be the case, surprised me. Damn, never seen AJ like that. RESPECT *****! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 07:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The referee stated after the game that Ramsey was ejected for instigation after having been repeatedly warned, i.e. there were other late shots and comments he had dished out earlier in the game.  I believe it was Lafell who stated AJ did what anyone would have done after that followed all of the facemask grabs, although I never saw any of those myself.

Didn't know all of this, thanks JFK. Rock On

(11-06-2017, 08:00 PM)Derrick Wrote: Yes, 55 was headin' that direction.

Hold that boy back. Nervous
Reply/Quote
Dean Blandino was just on NFL radio and said most of the reason Green and Ramsey were not suspended is because they were ejected in the first half. Plus, he said the league would definitely take into account what Ramsey was doing to provoke, as the ref's have reported both were put on notice to knock it off earlier.
Reply/Quote