Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOW, I hope to read an article
Man the Bengals 88 line was BEAST.
Esiason WON the passing title and in 8 games they rushed for 200 + yards while leading the league in rushing as well.... BEAST!!!

Geoff Hobson
Part of their legacy is in the numbers. In ’88 and ’89 they led the NFL in rushing while allowing Esiason to win the league’s ’88 passing title. Eight times in ’88 they pounded it for more than 200 yards on the ground. The bigger the game, the more they ran. They bulled the big, bad Browns’ No. 6 defense for 213 yards. They gashed the famed Jets’ Sack Exchange for 206. They shredded the last remnants of the Steel Curtain for 221. The Bills brought their proud No. 3 defense into Riverfront in late November with Defensive Player of the Year candidate Bruce Smith looking to steal home-field advantage and left battered in the wake of 232 yards.

I hope it reads similarly for the '18 BENGALS. 

The numbers for the '18 Bengals who led the NFL in rushing while allowing Dalton to win the league’s ’18 passing title are impressive to say the least. Eight times in ’18 they pounded it for more than 200 yards on the ground. The bigger the game, the more they ran. They bulled the big, bad Browns’ No. 6 defense for 213 yards. They gashed the Jets’ for 206. They shredded the Steelers for 221. The Bills brought their proud No. 3 defense into Riverfront in late November with Defensive Player of the Year candidate " ? ?  ? " looking to steal home-field advantage and left battered in the wake of 232 yards.

The writing of the article was outstanding Mr Geoff Hobson. I offer apologies for using it should it offend. 

I just hope the '18 BENGALS have THAT sort of legacy.... JUST BETTER?

(BTW, I have been a BENGALS fan since before the contest to name the team. WE the Bengals fans DESERVE a SB. I really believe this team has the UMPH to get it done.)

GO BENGALS!
Reply/Quote
Steady now.. Bobby Hart is still our RT. I doubt we're getting 200 yard rushing out of this line in 2 games much less 8 unless you're counting 200 yards over 8 games.  Still...nice to get overly enthused occasionally . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 09:35 AM)grampahol Wrote: Steady now.. Bobby Hart is still our RT. I doubt we're getting 200 yard rushing out of this line in 2 games much less 8 unless you're counting 200 yards over 8 games.  Still...nice to get overly enthused occasionally . 

ok, SO, did you READ what I WROTE. Hope, Wish, Be nice to have happen....

The Bengals tonight will vindicate hopes or they just hurt my feelings....

Reply/Quote