Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WR Allen Hurns?
I know there is a separate forum to discuss potential free agents, but I posted this question there a week ago and got no response.

In 2015 Hurns had over 1000 yds and 10 tds for the Jags. and was voted as one of the top 100 players in the league (#89)

Since then he has been up-and-down with injuries but signed multi-year contracts with the Jags, Cowboys, and Dolphins. He opted out of 2020 due to covid and was on IR with a wrist injury with Miami in 2021. Dolphins cut him back in March.

I have not been able to find any info on any team being interested in him or if he retired?

Anyone have any info? I'd like to see him signed as our #4 WR.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 03:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know there is a separate forum to discuss potential free agents, but I posted this question there a week ago and got no response.

In 2015 Hurns had over 1000 yds and 10 tds for the Jags. and was voted as one of the top 100 players in the league (#89)

Since then he has been up-and-down with injuries but signed multi-year contracts with the Jags, Cowboys, and Dolphins. He opted out of 2020 due to covid and was on IR with a wrist injury with Miami in 2021. Dolphins cut him back in March.

I have not been able to find any info on any team being interested in him or if he retired?

Anyone have any info? I'd like to see him signed as our #4 WR.

Not playing in a game in two seasons has to be hurting him.
Reply/Quote
I can’t find anything, either. His Instagram is quiet other than a pregnancy announcement on Christmas. His Twitter is quiet. No workout videos, no anything.
Reply/Quote
BTW the injury that placed him on IR all season with the Dolphins last year was a "wrist injury".

Doesn't sound like anything career-ending, but it seems like his career is pretty much over.
Reply/Quote
I know nothing about him right now which is why I didn't respond in the FA forum.

He used to be good but sounds like he is done.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 04:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW the injury that placed him on IR all season with the Dolphins last year was a "wrist injury".

Doesn't sound like anything career-ending, but it seems like his career is pretty much over.

There are a lot of moving parts in the wrist, failure at any of them could seriously impact the range of motion in the wrist.  This a problem that may not be a big deal for some positions but not for a wide receiver who needs to be able to get his hands in all sorts of strange angles.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I was thinking Tommy Hearns.. he's kind of old to be going back to the pros.. He and Hagler had an epic fight back in the day though.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nope

See no reason unless he goes to someone’s camp and shows he’s still got it
-Housh
Reply/Quote