Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR Josh Reynolds to Bengals
Rams insiders are speculating that because of working with Zak, JR is a natural fit for the Bengals. He is coming off a decent season of 618 receiving yards for a 3rd receiver. Expected to be a cap casualty. His senior year, he led the SEC in receiving yards. He was a JUCO transfer from noted power Tyler and has offers from Oregon, TCU, Boise St. before choosing A&M.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 07:59 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Rams insiders are speculating that because of working with Zak, JR is a natural fit for the Bengals.  He is coming off a decent season of 618 receiving yards for a 3rd receiver.  Expected to be a cap casualty.  His senior year, he led the SEC in receiving yards.  He was a JUCO transfer from noted power Tyler and has offers from Oregon, TCU, Boise St. before choosing A&M.

Signing Reynolds and drafting another burner in the draft would allow us to move on from Erickson which should be done regardless.
Reply/Quote
Would be a welcome addition. The WR room is going to need a few guys that can be good at being the #3 and #4 guy and at only 25 he should have some upside left.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 07:59 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Rams insiders are speculating that because of working with Zak, JR is a natural fit for the Bengals.  He is coming off a decent season of 618 receiving yards for a 3rd receiver.  Expected to be a cap casualty.  His senior year, he led the SEC in receiving yards.  He was a JUCO transfer from noted power Tyler and has offers from Oregon, TCU, Boise St. before choosing A&M.

He will be a UFA.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

He projects more of a slot receiver not a deep threat. He has good size at 6'3" with a weight of 196 lbs runs about a 4.55 40 yard dash. He sometimes is a body catcher instead of using his hands which can allow for bobbles or bounces off equipment. I can see the Bengals going after him but he would be a number 3 receiver for us.

I would love if the Bengals could trade back and sign Kyle Pitts in the first round and follow that up with Rashod Bateman in the second round if he is there. Rashod is 6'2" and weighs 235 lbs and will probably run a 4.42 40 yard dash. His highlight film is impressive. He is a great route runner and he catches with his hands. He would compete with Boyd and Higgins to be our number 1 receiver. Would love to have Burrows options to be Boyd, Higgins, Bateman and Pitts.

Lets draft a lineman like Eichenberg or Walker Little in the 3rd round.
Reply/Quote
Reynolds would be a very nice addition to the Bengals WR Corps. His 40 time should be of little consequence, as in an offense that wants to flood with 4 and 5 receivers, at least one of them is going to draw the LB or bench DB. The fact that he's already a proven NFL player that can catch and score the ball puts him on the "can play now" list. I would be happy if the Bengals picked him up.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 09:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Reynolds would be a very nice addition to the Bengals WR Corps.  His 40 time should be of little consequence, as in an offense that wants to flood with 4 and 5 receivers, at least one of them is going to draw the LB or bench DB.  The fact that he's already a proven NFL player that can catch and score the ball puts him on the "can play now" list.  I would be happy if the Bengals picked him up.

Rashad Bateman will definitely be on the "can play now" list just like Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd.

Maybe Reynolds can take Erickson spot.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 09:35 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Rashad Bateman will definitely be on the "can play now" list just like Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd.

Maybe Reynolds can take Erickson spot.

Bateman is a fine draft prospect, but this is a thread about a free agent prospect.  I fail to see the correlation.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

be the first thing that we pulled from the rams since brian leonard that might work out
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals grab a free agent Wide Receiver I hope its Chris Conley.

Conley is a vertical threat at 6'3 205 and 4.3 speed. He would fit perfectly as the outside receiver that could play Z or X and open up the underneath routes by Boyd, Higgings, Uzomah, and Sample.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 08:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He will be a UFA.

I think the intention was more that the Rams are $25 mill over the expected cap right now and won't really even have ability to sign Reynolds.
They're already paying both Woods and Kupp $13.5+ mill each for 2021, plus they have a ton of money going to Stafford, Ramsey, and Donald. Last, they have dead money going to Goff and Gurley. It's almost guaranteed that Reynolds and Everett go elsewhere looking for more money and opportunity than what the Rams will be able to give.

If both Reynolds and Everett would be willing to sign for $5 mill APY or less each, I'd welcome both of them. Both are solid 3rd/4th options in an offense. I'd take Reynolds over Auden Tate and I'd take Everett over Sample or Uzomah returning from Achilles injury.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 10:09 AM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals grab a free agent Wide Receiver I hope its Chris Conley.

Conley is a vertical threat at 6'3 205 and 4.3 speed. He would fit perfectly as the outside receiver that could play Z or X and open up the underneath routes by Boyd, Higgings, Uzomah, and Sample.

I had no idea Conley put up 775 yards in 2019 at JAX. Didn't even think of him. Thought he had been more of a sub-500 yard guy.
He's a bit older than Reynolds, but he could be a quality WR3. 
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not at all interested in this guy unless he's dirt cheap and he's used simply to fill out the WR room. (i.e. taking Erikson's or Thomas' spot)

He does absolutely nothing to fill the need of a 3rd WR with speed to pair with Higgins and Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 05:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not at all interested in this guy unless he's dirt cheap and he's used simply to fill out the WR room. (i.e. taking Erikson's or Thomas' spot)

He does absolutely nothing to fill the need of a 3rd WR with speed to pair with Higgins and Boyd.

Uhh....what?
What do you expect a WR3 to do production-wise?
500-700 yards is typical WR3 production, and Reynolds is more than capable of that.

A typical WR1 produces consistently 1000+ yards.
A typical WR2 produces 700-1000 yards.
A typical WR3 and TE1 (3rd and 4th options) produce 500-700 yards.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 05:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Uhh....what?
What do you expect a WR3 to do production-wise?
500-700 yards is typical WR3 production, and Reynolds is more than capable of that.

A typical WR1 produces consistently 1000+ yards.
A typical WR2 produces 700-1000 yards.
A typical WR3 and TE1 (3rd and 4th options) produce 500-700 yards.

I'm not looking at previous production, I'm looking at fit.  Or, more specifically, potential production in this system, and in this group.

We are in desperate need of speed at the WR postion, someone who can stretch the field.  I don't think this guy is the answer to that. 

His current market value projects to be 6 million dollars.  Does this team, with all of it's holes, have the luxury of dropping that type of coin on a player who is basically a shittier version of Tee Higgins?

Either spend that money elsewhere and draft a WR, or at least spend it on a WR that fills our needs better.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 04:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think the intention was more that the Rams are $25 mill over the expected cap right now and won't really even have ability to sign Reynolds.
They're already paying both Woods and Kupp $13.5+ mill each for 2021, plus they have a ton of money going to Stafford, Ramsey, and Donald. Last, they have dead money going to Goff and Gurley. It's almost guaranteed that Reynolds and Everett go elsewhere looking for more money and opportunity than what the Rams will be able to give.

If both Reynolds and Everett would be willing to sign for $5 mill APY or less each, I'd welcome both of them. Both are solid 3rd/4th options in an offense. I'd take Reynolds over Auden Tate and I'd take Everett over Sample or Uzomah returning from Achilles injury.

I'd give Everett 3 and 18 and cut Uzomah.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 06:23 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm not looking at previous production, I'm looking at fit.  Or, more specifically, potential production in this system, and in this group.

We are in desperate need of speed at the WR postion, someone who can stretch the field.  I don't think this guy is the answer to that. 

His current market value projects to be 6 million dollars.  Does this team, with all of it's holes, have the luxury of dropping that type of coin on a player who is basically a shittier version of Tee Higgins?

Either spend that money elsewhere and draft a WR, or at least spend it on a WR that fills our needs better.

That market value seems a little high to me. Where did you see that?

Also, I think speed may be a bit overrated for this offense. Speed won't help if Burrow can't hit the guy in stride. And they had a guy with speed they could have used but chose not to. Likely it was because he was unreliable. I just think someone with size, hands, and "enough" speed/leaping ability to get open is really what's going to be more successful for the Bengals offense.

Josh Reynolds has the right size (6'3") tp stay outside and enough speed (4.52) too. He's faster than both Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd. They don't HAVE to have a guy who runs 4.45 or faster.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 06:44 PM)pulses Wrote: I'd give Everett 3 and 18 and cut Uzomah.

Too much for Everett IMO.
Guy hasn't had more than 417 yards and a couple TDs in a season.
I'd value him in the $3-5 mill APY range, which is where Uzomah should have been.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 07:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Too much for Everett IMO.
Guy hasn't had more than 417 yards and a couple TDs in a season.
I'd value him in the $3-5 mill APY range, which is where Uzomah should have been.

I think ultimately Uzomah will be cut. Those achilles injuries are brutal and Uzomah was making to much anyways.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 06:44 PM)pulses Wrote: I'd give Everett 3 and 18 and cut Uzomah.

Why spend $6m/yr on a shitty TE when you can spend $3m/yr more and get Hunter Henry?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote