Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR Josh Reynolds to Bengals
(03-05-2021, 05:57 PM)J24 Wrote: Reynolds would fit nicely here. He is 3rd or 4th Wr who knows the system, willing blocker, and can play special teams.

The problem is he took most of his snaps in the slot and most of his production came in the slot.  Boyd is the Bengals slot WR and isn't very good on the outside, so where do you play Reynolds?  Guy is supposed to get $5-6 mil a year.  Do you spend that money on a decent G or a backup for Boyd?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 06:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: isnt our offense designed off that one?

Yes, it is.  That is in large part, why I argue so strongly against the idea of the Bengals drafting a TE such as Kyle Pitts.  This offense isn't designed to feature the TE as a down field weapon.  This team needs OL and skill players to fill specific roles in the offensive scheme.  I'm not really counting on Zac Taylor to have an epiphany, and suddenly decide to redesign his entire offense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 06:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: The problem is he took most of his snaps in the slot and most of his production came in the slot.  Boyd is the Bengals slot WR and isn't very good on the outside, so where do you play Reynolds?  Guy is supposed to get $5-6 mil a year.  Do you spend that money on a decent G or a backup for Boyd?

Double slot sets can be just as much a matchup nightmare for defenses as double TE sets.  Just sayin'.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Double slot sets can be just as much a matchup nightmare for defenses as double TE sets.  Just sayin'.

They can, but we would still need a good outside WR either way. I think people are primarily throwing guys like Reynolds out there to fill that need for an outside WR, but he really doesn't fit that role or what the team needs that well.  I'd much rather spend that money on the OL than a #4 WR.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Double slot sets can be just as much a matchup nightmare for defenses as double TE sets.  Just sayin'.

It's even more of a nightmare when that second slot receiver is a TE...*cough* Kyle Pitts *cough*
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 08:06 PM)Whatever Wrote: They can, but we would still need a good outside WR either way. I think people are primarily throwing guys like Reynolds out there to fill that need for an outside WR, but he really doesn't fit that role or what the team needs that well.  I'd much rather spend that money on the OL than a #4 WR.

Same here, plus this Draft is loaded with speedy outside Receivers we can get in the mid rounds.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 06:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: The problem is he took most of his snaps in the slot and most of his production came in the slot.  Boyd is the Bengals slot WR and isn't very good on the outside, so where do you play Reynolds?  Guy is supposed to get $5-6 mil a year.  Do you spend that money on a decent G or a backup for Boyd?
1.) He isn't a slot guy not sure where you are getting that from. He might not be the fastest guy out there but he does have the length and Jumping ability to make plays down the field.
2.) He literally jas been in the same system that we run for 4 years. He has familiarity with this offense and Zac.
3.) I wouldn't spend 6 million on him but I would spend 4 million on him on a 1 year deal.

(03-05-2021, 07:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, it is.  That is in large part, why I argue so strongly against the idea of the Bengals drafting a TE such as Kyle Pitts.  This offense isn't designed to feature the TE as a down field weapon.  This team needs OL and skill players to fill specific roles in the offensive scheme.  I'm not really counting on Zac Taylor to have an epiphany, and suddenly decide to redesign his entire offense.
The role of a coach is get his or her system to fit the players. If Zac can't figure out a way to utilize a generational Talent then he isn't worth having here long term.  
A guy with Pitts Athleticism should be able to fit any system. He is more like a WR then pure TE anyways.

(03-05-2021, 08:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, plus this Draft is loaded with speedy outside Receivers we can get in the mid rounds.

We have 2 Wrs on the Roster right now! We need to add a veteran in the mix along with a rookie. Plus Rookie WRs tend to take Time getting used to the NFL it would be smart to add a veteran WR that has experience in the system.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 02:10 AM)J24 Wrote: We have 2 Wrs on the Roster right now!

We have 5 receivers currently under contract:

Boyd, Higgins, Tate, Morgan, Irwin.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 12:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: We have 5 receivers currently under contract:

Boyd, Higgins, Tate, Morgan, Irwin.

My bad! 
Still Morgan and Irwin are just camp bodies and Tate hasn't proven himself to be a #3 WR. We need a veteran WR.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 12:49 PM)J24 Wrote: My bad! 
Still Morgan and Irwin are just camp bodies and Tate hasn't proven himself to be a #3 WR. We need a veteran WR.

The Bengals need an outside vertical threat with some speed. For the last couple of seasons teams have been sitting on the Bengals underneath routes because they don't have that guy that can keep the secondary honest.

He not only needs to be fast but have the size and ability to climb the ladder because Joey B loves to throw the 50/50 and back shoulder throws.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 01:19 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals need an outside vertical threat with some speed. For the last couple of seasons teams have been sitting on the Bengals underneath routes because they don't have that guy that can keep the secondary honest.

He not only needs to be fast but have the size and ability to climb the ladder because Joey B loves to throw the 50/50 and back shoulder throws.

Which is unfortunately a big issue with people wanting to wait until the middle rounds to address WR.  This WR class has a bunch of slow, big guys and small, fast guys.  There are very few guys with size and speed.  
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 03:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: Which is unfortunately a big issue with people wanting to wait until the middle rounds to address WR.  This WR class has a bunch of slow, big guys and small, fast guys.  There are very few guys with size and speed.  

Terrance Marshall, Tamarrion Terry are a couple guys that are big and fast. Marshall should be around in the 2nd and Terry 
should be around in the mid rounds cause he was injured last year and the china virus BS. Even then, I still love a lot of these
smaller Receivers that can take the top off of D's in Eskridge, Tylan Wallace, Jaelon Darden etc.

Don't understand how FA hasn't even started yet and people are panicking about us not getting Tyrell Williams or Josh Reynolds.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 07:40 PM)pulses Wrote: How about just draft Pitts and forget about it ThumbsUp

Pitts, Uzo and Sample. Boom.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote