Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR Josh Reynolds to Bengals
(02-15-2021, 07:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That market value seems a little high to me. Where did you see that?

I was just going off of a couple of different projections.  Over the Cap has him at 6.78 million (see OTC Valuation) https://overthecap.com/player/josh-reynolds/5703/

The SI piece, where the writer said that he thinks we'll sign him, had his deal at 2 years 10 mil (obviously 5 per).
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 07:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Why spend $6m/yr on a shitty TE when you can spend $3m/yr more and get Hunter Henry?

How about just draft Pitts and forget about it ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 07:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Too much for Everett IMO.
Guy hasn't had more than 417 yards and a couple TDs in a season.
I'd value him in the $3-5 mill APY range, which is where Uzomah should have been.

(02-15-2021, 07:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Why spend $6m/yr on a shitty TE when you can spend $3m/yr more and get Hunter Henry?

Here's the thing, Everett isn't a poor TE.  The Rams offense just uses TEs as blockers and last resorts as pass targets.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd rather go after Curtis Samuel in free agency. That dude pretty much brings the skill set to the table that we hoped we'd get with John Ross.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 08:03 PM)jason Wrote: I'd rather go after Curtis Samuel in free agency. That dude pretty much brings the skill set to the table that we hoped we'd get with John Ross.

8 or 9 mill a yr is to much for a WR3.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 08:10 PM)pulses Wrote: 8 or 9 mill a yr is to much for a WR3.

Well, that sounds like a lot for a WR3, until you account that our WR1 is on a rookie deal for the next 3 years.  I would be absolutely thrilled if the Bengals brought in Curtis Samuel, and had a plan to use him to his fullest abilities.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Not when you're currently paying your WR1 and WR2 a combined 11.7 million dollars in 2021.

And who's to say someone like Samuel is "WR3" in a trio like that?  I could see that group of Higgins, Boyd, and Samuel all being potential "#1's" from game to game, depending on matchup.

Fwiw, here are the stats for 2020.  Also, keep in mind, the Bengals were 14th in the league in pass attemps, while the Panthers were 21st. (Bengals WR's had more opportunity)

Higgins - 67 receptions, 908 yards, 6 TD's. 
Boyd ---- 79 receptions, 841 yards, 4 TD's. 
Samuel - 77 receptions, 851 yards, 3 TD's.

Also of note, Samuel was clocked at a 4.31 40 time, making him one of the fastest receivers in the game.  He fills a specific need.
Reply/Quote

We just paid twice that last year. What if he's better than either guy we have? He's never played with a good QB in the NFL. There's a lot of fat that can be trimmed on our roster too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 07:40 PM)pulses Wrote: How about just draft Pitts and forget about it ThumbsUp

Because I would rather have Sewell, and if Sewell is not there, I would rather have Chase because FA WRs are expensive as hell if you want one that isn't terrible. 

$9-10m is top-5 TE money.
$20m is top-5 WR money.

Sign a TE, draft a WR. (If Sewell isn't there.)

(02-15-2021, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's the thing, Everett isn't a poor TE.  The Rams offense just uses TEs as blockers and last resorts as pass targets.

Tyler Higbee has 1,255 yard and 8 TDs over the last 2 years in the exact same offense that Everett got 1,389 yds/8 TDs in over a 4 year span. This despite Higbee being a 4th round pick and Everett being a 2nd.

Everett also had 7 drops on 62 targets last year. That's an 11.3% drop rate.

The last two years, Higbee has caught 75.8% of his targets while Everett has caught 63.9% of his targets.

Two TEs, same offense, one doing fine, the other not. It's not the offense.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 08:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not when you're currently paying your WR1 and WR2 a combined 11.7 million dollars in 2021.

And who's to say someone like Samuel is "WR3" in a trio like that?  I could see that group of Higgins, Boyd, and Samuel all being potential "#1's" from game to game, depending on matchup.

Fwiw, here are the stats for 2020.  Also, keep in mind, the Bengals were 14th in the league in pass attemps, while the Panthers were 21st. (Bengals WR's had more opportunity)

Higgins - 67 receptions, 908 yards, 6 TD's. 
Boyd ---- 79 receptions, 841 yards, 4 TD's. 
Samuel - 77 receptions, 851 yards, 3 TD's.

Also of note, Samuel was clocked at a 4.31 40 time, making him one of the fastest receivers in the game.  He fills a specific need.

The Lions already tried this when they had Golden Tate/Marvin Jones/Kenny Golladay.

They had 3 #2s and 0 #1s.

It's like when teams brag "we have 2 starting QBs". It really means you have 0 starting QBs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 09:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because I would rather have Sewell, and if Sewell is not there, I would rather have Chase because FA WRs are expensive as hell if you want one that isn't terrible. 

$9-10m is top-5 TE money.
$20m is top-5 WR money.

Sign a TE, draft a WR. (If Sewell isn't there.)

Tyler Higbee has 1,255 yard and 8 TDs over the last 2 years in the exact same offense that Everett got 1,389 yds/8 TDs in over a 4 year span. This despite Higbee being a 4th round pick and Everett being a 2nd.

Everett also had 7 drops on 62 targets last year. That's an 11.3% drop rate.

The last two years, Higbee has caught 75.8% of his targets while Everett has caught 63.9% of his targets.

Two TEs, same offense, one doing fine, the other not. It's not the offense.

I'm fully aware that Everett is/was second fiddle on the Rams TE list to Tyler Higbee.  I don't think that he's a superstar, but I do feel like he could easily fill the void left by Uzomah, should the team choose not to stay with him after the injury.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 09:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Lions already tried this when they had Golden Tate/Marvin Jones/Kenny Golladay.

They had 3 #2s and 0 #1s.

It's like when teams brag "we have 2 starting QBs". It really means you have 0 starting QBs.

I think Higgins, Boyd, and Samuel would be a nice problem to have. Aren't Jones and Golden Tate kinda the same player? And Kenny Golladay wasn't quite Kenny Golladay yet when Tate was still there... Was he? I don't remember.

I think the 3 guys in question on the Bengals would all bring unique attributes to the table. I'm definitely not opposed to throwing that money (WR money) toward O linemen in FA, and drafting a Chase though either.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 10:09 AM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals grab a free agent Wide Receiver I hope its Chris Conley.

Conley is a vertical threat at 6'3 205 and 4.3 speed. He would fit perfectly as the outside receiver that could play Z or X and open up the underneath routes by Boyd, Higgings, Uzomah, and Sample.

Conley would be a good and affordable option, as would his teammate Keelan Cole.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's the thing, Everett isn't a poor TE.  The Rams offense just uses TEs as blockers and last resorts as pass targets.

Maybe, but that's why he'll get less money. There's more risk to see if he does become a good TE in a better scheme or not.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 07:59 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Rams insiders are speculating that because of working with Zak, JR is a natural fit for the Bengals.  He is coming off a decent season of 618 receiving yards for a 3rd receiver.  Expected to be a cap casualty.  His senior year, he led the SEC in receiving yards.  He was a JUCO transfer from noted power Tyler and has offers from Oregon, TCU, Boise St. before choosing A&M.

Reynolds seems faster than Bourne would be all for either.
Reply/Quote
I say bring in Samuel or Reynolds, and draft Chase if Sewell is gone, or draft Smith from Alabama if Chase is gone, and have one of the best WR core in the league for Burrow.
Tell me that Higgins, Boyd, Samuel/Reynolds and Chase or Smith wouldn't be the best in the league overall? I didn't even throw in Tate as the 5th option!
Uzumah and Sample are adequate TE's and used appropriately in the offense, and Mixon and Gio are good pass catchers out of the backfield.
They'll need to give Burrow the weapons to put up 30 pts per game b/c they're gonna need it next year as the defense won't be ready yet.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 01:46 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I say bring in Samuel or Reynolds, and draft Chase if Sewell is gone, or draft Smith from Alabama if Chase is gone, and have one of the best WR core in the league for Burrow.
Tell me that Higgins, Boyd, Samuel/Reynolds and Chase or Smith wouldn't be the best in the league overall? I didn't even throw in Tate as the 5th option!
Uzumah and Sample are adequate TE's and used appropriately in the offense, and Mixon and Gio are good pass catchers out of the backfield.
They'll need to give Burrow the weapons to put up 30 pts per game b/c they're gonna need it next year as the defense won't be ready yet.

Can’t put 30 pts a game when ur Qb is on his couch cuz we failed to protect him again. Ur treating Burrow like he’s dalton. Burrow doesn’t need the best wr group in the league to put up 30 pts anywhere. On the list of bengals top needs wr isn’t first second third or 4th. Bringin in a JR would be solid and then maybe draft a guy in the mid rounds but offensive line is without a doubt and has to be ur number 1 priority. If Sewell isn’t there u trade back and collect more picks from a team desperate for a qb. Unless the bengals sign a good fa left tackle a good fa guard a good again defensive end and a good fa corner the bengals shouldn’t even be thinking wr.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 12:42 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Conley would be a good and affordable option, as would his teammate Keelan Cole.

I’m out here in Jax. U don’t want cole Conley is who u want of the two
Reply/Quote
Reynolds would fit nicely here. He is 3rd or 4th Wr who knows the system, willing blocker, and can play special teams.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

isnt our offense designed off that one?
Reply/Quote