Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR Market Struggling

Outside of Corey Davis the market for WR has been really bad. It appears the depth and productivity of the last couple of drafts at WR has severely depressed the market. I think the really improves the chances of us getting a nice #3 in FA at a much cheaper price than we had originally thought.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:26 PM)Au165 Wrote:
Outside of Corey Davis the market for WR is has been really bad. It appears the depth and productivity of the last couple of drafts at WR has severely depressed the market. I think the really improves the chances of us getting a nice #3 in FA at a much cheaper price than we had originally thought.

The Corey Davis wasn't even that bad. I know they need to grab linemen on both sides but it might be a great year to steal a free agent WR especially a #3 vertical guy. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:32 PM)Synric Wrote: The Corey Davis wasn't even that bad. I know they need to grab linemen on both sides but it might be a great year to steal a free agent WR especially a #3 vertical guy. 

Yea, it wasn't a bad deal but really the only big one so far. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:26 PM)Au165 Wrote:
Outside of Corey Davis the market for WR is has been really bad. It appears the depth and productivity of the last couple of drafts at WR has severely depressed the market. I think the really improves the chances of us getting a nice #3 in FA at a much cheaper price than we had originally thought.

I don;t think Corey Davis is that good compared to what he was paid... 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:32 PM)Synric Wrote: The Corey Davis wasn't even that bad. I know they need to grab linemen on both sides but it might be a great year to steal a free agent WR especially a #3 vertical guy. 

Especially since WR in the first two rounds is likely out of the question now.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

It might be the route they need to go if they can't sign any OL.  It would check a big need off before the draft and they could potentially double dip on OL in 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote
whats going on with Samuel?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:58 PM)kalibengal Wrote: whats going on with Samuel?

The market as a whole has been crushed. He is probably a second wave guy anyways after Golladay/JuJu/Fuller, but with the way this market is moving he may have to settle for a one year deal and try again next year. 
Reply/Quote
Why the f don’t we sign will fuller and trae turner and shut it down til the draft the go Penei sewell and Ronnie Perkins with our first two picks. Then Creed Humphrey in the 3rd and this team is setttttttttt!!!
Reply/Quote
john ross just got a deal...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:29 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Why the f don’t we sign will fuller and trae turner and shut it down til the draft the go Penei sewell and Ronnie Perkins with our first two picks. Then Creed Humphrey in the 3rd and this team is setttttttttt!!!

Creed Humphrey in the 3rd?? He will be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, it wasn't a bad deal but really the only big one so far. 

Agholar getting 13 mill a year is BAD ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:29 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Why the f don’t we sign will fuller and trae turner and shut it down til the draft the go Penei sewell and Ronnie Perkins with our first two picks.  Then Creed Humphrey in the 3rd and this team is setttttttttt!!!

Fuller is always hurt.  Pass.
Reply/Quote
I really wasn't planning on a FA WR. But this is the type of market we should probably be dipping in to.
Reply/Quote
Getting a WR in FA on the cheap will allow them to wait until Day 3 to get a WR in the draft.
That way, they can focus on OL and DL on Days 1 and 2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 09:36 AM)Whatever Wrote: Fuller is always hurt.  Pass.

Will Fuller only gives his team about 10 games a year but in those 10 games he is so dynamic. If it was a cheap 3 year 15m contract or a 1 year 8m I would lock up Fuller and take a similar guy like Ihmir Smith-Marsette on day 3, but Will Fuller's tape says 12 to 15m his injury history screams WARNING.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
John Brown to Vegas hurts...that was my guy. 1 year 3.75 million with a max value of 5.5.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 10:30 AM)Au165 Wrote: John Brown to Vegas hurts...that was my guy. 1 year 3.75 million with a max value of 5.5.

That money makes it worse....It just seems like the Bengals are a day behind in Free Agency.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 10:58 AM)Synric Wrote: That money makes it worse....It just seems like the Bengals are a day behind in Free Agency.

I think we are still in a solid position with all the WR's currently out there to get a solid veteran upgrade. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 10:17 AM)Synric Wrote: Will Fuller only gives his team about 10 games a year but in those 10 games he is so dynamic. If it was a cheap 3 year 15m contract or a 1 year 8m I would lock up Fuller and take a similar guy like Ihmir Smith-Marsette on day 3, but Will Fuller's tape says 12 to 15m his injury history screams WARNING.

I doubt he takes a multi year deal that cheap. Likely, he would take a one year deal and test the market next year.

If it was me, I would use the soft market to lean on Boyd for a restructure to create more cap room, then make a run at Golladay.
Reply/Quote