Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR Market Struggling
(03-17-2021, 07:48 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Probably low ball.

One year prove it deal. I’m good with it because we don’t need to be at the high end of the market but if he has a soft market it’s a really opportunistic approach.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 01:21 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: At a glance, it appears as though 5 of those 10 were in the last two years though:
Chase Claypool, 2nd round, 62 rec, 873 yards, 9 TD
Tee Higgins, 2nd round, 67 rec, 908 yards, 6 TD
DK Metcalf, 2nd round, 58 rec, 900 yards, 7 TD
AJ Brown, 2nd round, 52 rec, 1051 yards, 8 TD
Deebo Samuel, 2nd round, 57 rec, 802 yards, 3 TD

And then, if you don't want to go by the strict numbers I listed (which I thought were obviously a bit of an exaggeration, but it's hard to portray these things online), there was also:
Laviska Shenault, 2nd round, 58 rec, 600 yards, 5 TD
Diontae Johnson, 3rd round, 59 rec, 680 yards, 5 TD
Mecole Hardman, 3rd round, 26 rec, 538 yards, 6 TD
Terry McLaurin, 3rd round, 58 rec, 919 yards, 7 TD

And that doesn't include the first round receivers who also had early success in the last few years like Jefferson, Aiyuk, Lamb, Brown and Jeudy.

The point is why overspend in free agency when, in recent years, high round WRs are producing a lot early in their careers right now, as opposed to defensive players and offensive linemen who typically have a steeper learning curve and thus are more valuable in free agency.

Especially since this draft is also purported to be an extremely deep WR class. This WR free agency being slow makes perfect sense, from my perspective.

Partly because the league and the way it's officiated has changed over the years. Offense,offense,offense..... As for your response, I agree. Good talent out there this year. However, I would also like to add one solid,speedy veteran WR in FA. On the cheap of course.
Reply/Quote