Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR Mike Thomas-COVID
WR Mike Thomas has been placed on the COVID reserve list. Let's hope it is an isolated case

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
WR Mike Thomas is in protocols. Hopefully he gets healthy and it doesn’t spread to the rest of the WR room.
Reply/Quote
It's a good thing they've been meeting remotely for the past 2 weeks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 11:43 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It's a good thing they've been meeting remotely for the past 2 weeks.

Oh that’s good. I did not know that. That hopefully will slow down any spread.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 11:38 AM)pally Wrote: WR Mike Thomas has been placed on the COVID reserve list.  Let's hope it is an isolated case

Not to sound mean to Thomas, but I would have imagined that if more guys tested positive, it would have been mentioned.  This is huge to stay healthy and have all the key pieces. 

Rats are trying to cry their way out of the game being on Sunday, but a handful of their guys that tested positive are practice squad guys.  They are getting close to double digits overall, though, and I heard one team has close to 20 (forget who).  The NFL might make a line of demarcation at something like 15.   Who knows....

Either way, I am praying they play Sunday on schedule.  Moving that would suck.  Fewer fans, shorter week before KC,  
Reply/Quote
Mike must have found something to do in Cincinnati
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 11:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not to sound mean to Thomas, but I would have imagined that if more guys tested positive, it would have been mentioned.  This is huge to stay healthy and have all the key pieces. 

Rats are trying to cry their way out of the game being on Sunday, but a handful of their guys that tested positive are practice squad guys.  They are getting close to double digits overall, though, and I heard one team has close to 20 (forget who).  The NFL might make a line of demarcation at something like 15.   Who knows....

Either way, I am praying they play Sunday on schedule.  Moving that would suck.  Fewer fans, shorter week before KC,  

The new protocols say the vaccinated can only be tested if they show symptoms, so it is possible others are positive as well but asymptomatic.

But I am with you on hoping the game goes on as planned.  Especially for my own selfish reason of being certain I can watch it.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 11:56 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Oh that’s good. I did not know that. That hopefully will slow down any spread.

Mhm, Zac mentioned in his PC last Monday (when the cases started to ramp up) that they would start meeting remotely and every PC since then has been done on Zoom, so I think they are taking seriously, as they should.
Reply/Quote
My question is Are all these people testing positive unvaxxed? Because per the new protocols if u are vaxxed and not showing symptoms…u don’t get tested. Soooo why would any player in their right mind offer up the fact they are showing symptom?
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 12:52 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: My question is Are all these people testing positive unvaxxed?  Because per the new protocols if u are vaxxed and not showing symptoms…u don’t get tested.  Soooo why would any player in their right mind offer up the fact they are showing symptom?

a responsible player, one who puts the team ahead of self, would report them in order to protect the rest of the team.  Besides each player is still getting basic health checks daily and some symptoms, such as temperature, are hard to hide

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 12:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mhm, Zac mentioned in his PC last Monday (when the cases started to ramp up) that they would start meeting remotely and every PC since then has been done on Zoom, so I think they are taking seriously, as they should.

The problem is this sets the offense back.  Lack of on field practices can disrupt the established timing in both the passing and run games.

(12-24-2021, 12:52 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: My question is Are all these people testing positive unvaxxed?  Because per the new protocols if u are vaxxed and not showing symptoms…u don’t get tested.  Soooo why would any player in their right mind offer up the fact they are showing symptom?

The bold says it all.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 12:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The problem is this sets the offense back.  Lack of on field practices can disrupt the established timing in both the passing and run games.

They are still practicing on the field. They are just meeting virtually instead of in their position rooms.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 12:55 PM)pally Wrote: a responsible player, one who puts the team ahead of self, would report them in order to protect the rest of the team.  Besides each player is still getting basic health checks daily and some symptoms, such as temperature, are hard to hide

So I guess I don’t know what those daily health checks are and if they are required of vaxxed players.  I understand the social responsibility part of your reply but I also understand the super competitive nature of a lot of these players. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 12:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The problem is this sets the offense back.  Lack of on field practices can disrupt the established timing in both the passing and run games.

The bold says it all.

As stated below, they are still practicing, out in the open, with fresh air; that's fine.

But for position group meetings, they are all meeting remotely.

(12-24-2021, 01:16 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: They are still practicing on the field. They are just meeting virtually instead of in their position rooms.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 01:16 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: They are still practicing on the field. They are just meeting virtually instead of in their position rooms.

(12-24-2021, 01:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As stated below, they are still practicing, out in the open, with fresh air; that's fine.

But for position group meetings, they are all meeting remotely.

Well that's a relief.  I thought they were saying virtual work only.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 11:38 AM)pally Wrote: WR Mike Thomas has been placed on the COVID reserve list.  Let's hope it is an isolated case

I am so baked, I thought you were talking about the Saints WR.  Hilarious Jerry
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote