Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WR Mike Thomas Signed
Oh... MIKE Thomas, not Michael Thomas.... 10 catches in 4 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 11:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He is from Southern Miss.

I wanted the guy who the Saints signed in that same Draft obviously but this guy has skills.

I agree, need to add a WR in this Draft at some point. We will get a good one most likely. Just liked this guy from SMU.

Not as much as the great Michael Thomas of course but I did remember liking this guy for many reasons.

Can you guys not see the highlights Psych put up?

Actually no, work blocked anything video or streaming related since the majority of people are working from home. I'm not one of those sadly.

I can find some amazing highlights of Johnny Manziel and Vince Young, we should bring them in to compete for the backup spot. [My joke falls flat if that highlight reel is from the NFL lol]

But in all seriousness. He has worked with Coach Taylor before so that's a positive. Can compete for that 5th-6th man spot. Probably a one year deal to see how he fits in the organization.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Woah now people.

Mike Thomas is an experienced special teams player. Will he be on the 53 after cuts? Not likely but it still means the Bengals are trying to improve all aspects of their roster.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 11:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Woah now people.

Mike Thomas is an experienced special teams player. Will he be on the 53 after cuts? Not likely but it still means the Bengals are trying to improve all aspects of their roster.

Yeah, he ain't no Michael Thomas from the Saints and no one is right now. Just saying I like the player and the move.

We still need to get insurance and this Draft is filled with great WR talent Shenault is still my guy even with his injuries.

Laviska just blown my mind everytime I watched him play. Badazz.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 11:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Guy has 144 yds and 0 TD in 40 games. Big old meh on this one.

Still very young at 25 and a good ST'er. Wasn't saying he was some great player at this stage...

We still need to add some talent from this Draft no question.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 11:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Woah now people.

(03-20-2020, 11:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he ain't no Michael Thomas from the Saints and no one is right now. Just saying I like the player and the move.

We still need to get insurance and this Draft is filled with great WR talent Shenault is still my guy even with his injuries.

Laviska just blown my mind everytime I watched him play. Badazz.

Adding a ST player for some depth is fine, but people are saying we can take WR off the board at 33 because of a couple clips from college...

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 11:39 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Actually no, work blocked anything video or streaming related since the majority of people are working from home. I'm not one of those sadly.

I can find some amazing highlights of Johnny Manziel and Vince Young, we should bring them in to compete for the backup spot. [My joke falls flat if that highlight reel is from the NFL lol]

But in all seriousness. He has worked with Coach Taylor before so that's a positive. Can compete for that 5th-6th man spot. Probably a one year deal to see how he fits in the organization.

Sorry man, this Mike is not the great Michael Thomas from the Saints that came from OSU, sorry.

And I am also very sorry you are blocked brother. Rough shit. Hope this changes for you very soon.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 11:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Adding a ST player for some depth is fine, but people are saying we can take WR off the board at 33 because of a couple clips from college...

I didn't say that!!! Shocked
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 11:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I didn't say that!!! Shocked

I know, I think Pyschdoc did. Not trying to jump on him, as I usually agree with a lot of what he says, but this is a nothing signing.

Let’s just be glad this wasn’t our big FA move. Lol

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 12:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I know, I think Pyschdoc did. Not trying to jump on him, as I usually agree with a lot of what he says, but this is a nothing signing.

Perhaps he also thought it was Michael Thomas.

Funny thing is I know Michael Thomas had him on my fantasy team, but for whatever reason this whole time the name didn't click with me as that player until I finally pulled up his actual NFL profile lol. I'm not from Ohio so I didn't remember him as an OSU guy. Plus I pulled up Mike Thomas's correct wikipedia page so I was looking at those stats, while staring at a 2016 draft profile of Michael Thomas. Once I pulled up Michael Thomas's NFL stuff and saw Saints only then did I remember who he was lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 12:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I know, I think Pyschdoc did. Not trying to jump on him, as I usually agree with a lot of what he says, but this is a nothing signing.

Thomas is better than his production and what people think.  Some had first round grade on him at the time of his draft.  Bengals will take Mims maybe Higgins if they are they otherwise, they will go OL, Queen, McKinney and take WR Aiyuk in round 3.  Bengals really need another guard so it might be Ruiz.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 12:14 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Thomas is better than his production and what people think.  Some had first round grade on him at the time of his draft.  Bengals will take Mims maybe Higgins if  they are they otherwise, they will go OL, Queen, McKinney and take WR Aiyuk in round 3.  Bengals really need another guard so it might be Ruiz.  

I would agree that currently OL and LB especially are very thin and unless we address it via trade or Free Agency would probably require a pick in the second round to try and shore up. Plus I would say there's more to go with in FA as far as WR are concerned compared to LB and OL at this point.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 12:14 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Thomas is better than his production and what people think.  Some had first round grade on him at the time of his draft.  Bengals will take Mims maybe Higgins if they are they otherwise, they will go OL, Queen, McKinney and take WR Aiyuk in round 3.  Bengals really need another guard so it might be Ruiz.  

What made him drop all the way to the 6th?

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 12:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What made him drop all the way to the 6th?

He cannot beat press coverage.  Get him in space and he is a beast.  He has trouble the first 10 yards.  He is better than Morgan and will become a fan favorite because he is the anti-Ross player.  Scouts describe him as he plays like it is the last play of his life.  "hair on fire" type.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 12:25 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: He cannot beat press coverage.  Get him in space and he is a beast.  He has trouble the first 10 yards.  He is better than Morgan and will become a fan favorite because he is the anti-Ross player.  Scouts describe him as he plays like it is the last play of his life.  "hair on fire" type.  

Man Ross did more in week 1 than Mike has done his entire career. Although that's close to about all Ross has done so far himself.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 12:18 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I would agree that currently OL and LB especially are very thin and unless we address it via trade or Free Agency would probably require a pick in the second round to try and shore up. Plus I would say there's more to go with in FA as far as WR are concerned compared to LB and OL at this point.

I am a little concern about LB.  My guess is that they will go with the safety/linebacker hybrid type.  The days of the big lumbering backer is over.  Plus, it seems the Bengals cannot get anyone to cover TE.  I would not be surprised if the Bengals take one backer and two big, fast safeties this draft.  

Also, the guard position depth is weak.  I know Jordan is developing but Price is struggling.  I cannot figure him out.  So, as much as the Bengals need another WR, I can see them going in a different direction.  I think Aiyuk is the pick in round 3 as Ross replacement.  I think Bengals will extend Green because he is so difficult to replace.  Maybe Mims.  I think Higgins struggles against press coverage from physical CB so I think he is good but I do not know if the Bengals would take him at #33.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Wow. Some over the top hate in this thread. All right then, pretend GM's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 12:45 AM)McC Wrote: Wow.  Some over the top hate in this thread.  All right then, pretend GM's.

There's also some over the top love in this thread too. A player in his 4th year who hasn't topped 150 yards in his career and people act like he's THE Michael Thomas. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 12:49 AM)TheSweetness Wrote: There's also some over the top love in this thread too. A player in his 4th year who hasn't topped 150 yards in his career and people act like he's THE Michael Thomas. 

I didn't see the love.  And to your second point, think how well rested he is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 10:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:
Well, that takes WR at #33 off the table I would think.  Now just need 2 thumper safeties, 2 backers, guard and RT.  Maybe a TE in Moss.

Dude, signing a guy who has been a career special teams guy who will be battling for the final WR slot has zero impact on who we draft at the top of round 2.

Y'all crack me up sometimes ?
Reply/Quote