Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I don't want to see in this year's draft is projects
What I don't want to see in this year's draft is projects! We've seen too many of these drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and never pan out. Ogbuehi was a project pick in the first round in that he had strength issues in college and was coming in injured. His injuries never have allowed him to resolve that. It cost us a playoff appearance by thinking playing time would resolve the problem.

The team has a number of holes and to draft combine warriors based on size, speed and "unrealized potential" would be a mistake.

We need guys who have a history of being highly productive in college with good technique for their position. Only if that part is there do we start to look at the lessor measurables.

A receive who has bad hands or can't run a route if it were taped out on the ground is no good for this team no matter how fast he might run. Just an example, not saying anything about anyone specific in this draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 01:14 AM)BengalChris Wrote: What I don't want to see in this year's draft is projects! We've seen too many of these drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and never pan out. Ogbuehi was a project pick in the first round in that he had strength issues in college and was coming in injured. His injuries never have allowed him to resolve that. It cost us a playoff appearance by thinking playing time would resolve the problem.

The team has a number of holes and to draft combine warriors based on size, speed and "unrealized potential" would be a mistake.

We need guys who have a history of being highly productive in college with good technique for their position. Only if that part is there do we start to look at the lessor measurables.

A receive who has bad hands or can't run a route if it were taped out on the ground is no good for this team no matter how fast he might run. Just an example, not saying anything about anyone specific in this draft.
completely agree with you. At least in the top 3 rounds. A player like taylor moton later on would be a great addition. Just wondering do u consider kpassagnon a project?? Bc i love him in the second and he can rush the passer extremely well, just a knock on his run defense. Good post as always.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 03:39 AM)Jpoore Wrote: completely agree with you. At least in the top 3 rounds. A player like taylor moton later on would be a great addition. Just wondering do u consider kpassagnon a project?? Bc i love him in the second and he can rush the passer extremely well, just a knock on his run defense. Good post as always.

I don't know about individual players enough to judge who is or isn't a project.

I've just seen the Bengals take guys like Hunt and Ogbuehi and Clarke early on none of they guys contributed much at all. Considering that we could have drafted someone, even at another position who could have gotten on the field during that time and we'd be much better off.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 01:14 AM)BengalChris Wrote: What I don't want to see in this year's draft is projects! We've seen too many of these drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and never pan out. Ogbuehi was a project pick in the first round in that he had strength issues in college and was coming in injured. His injuries never have allowed him to resolve that. It cost us a playoff appearance by thinking playing time would resolve the problem.

I also agree. No projects in the first 3 rounds. The only exception is MAYBE Tanoh Kpassagnon, but not until the 3rd round.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote