Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WR Pharoh Cooper released, OG Sutherland promoted from PS
The Bengals today signed G Keaton Sutherland from the practice squad and waived WR Pharoh Cooper. The team also signed OT Dino Boyd to the practice squad, filling the spot created by Sutherland’s move to the active roster.

Sutherland (6-5, 316), a rookie out of Texas A&M, originally signed as a college free agent with the Bengals in May. He played in all four preseason games for Cincinnati, with a start at C in the finale vs. Indianapolis. In college, Sutherland played in 44 games (33 starts) over four seasons (2015-18) at Texas A&M, and saw action at both OT and G.

Cooper, a fourth-year player, had been acquired on waivers from Arizona on Sept. 1. He played in one game for the Bengals (no statistics).
Reply/Quote
also signed OT Dino Boyd to the PS. He played 3 years at Rhode Island. Last year he was starter at UC as starting LT Was UDFA for KC

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
awesome!
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, at least they're trying. Looks like anyway.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Wasn't Turner at Texas A&M? So he'd know Sutherland.

So long Pharoah Cooper and thanks for the fish!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 04:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, at least they're trying. Looks like anyway.

Trying?  They should of started trying when free agency started.  This not doing anything during the off season then looking for scraps later on is very old.  It's time for a culture change in the organization.  Its obvious MB isnt concerned about winning.
Reply/Quote
Cooper move burns me because it didn't make sense then and now makes even less sense. Malone at least has some upside
Reply/Quote
Didn't Sutherland's play during the preseason look uninspiring? I don't remember.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Glad to see Cincy making big moves in Free Agency to address their Oline and Defense.
Reply/Quote
Jordan may be hurt worse than we know.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 07:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jordan may be hurt worse than we know.

No worries, it is just a "ding".    Twitch
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
A lot of teams don't do much in free agency because they don't want the poison that comes with them. It only takes 1 to bring the cancer to the team. Am I making an excuse? Yeah probably because I would sure like to see more of a push towards winning now, so I guess that's more my reasoning than an excuse, but kind of the same thing I guess.

Reply/Quote
Really? Crying like this about a practice squad mover after the season has started that is likely an injury response?

Also let's remember that this was a poor free agent class in OL especially. If you're complaining about what they did then you're saying they should have dropped 44 million on Roger Saffold.
Reply/Quote
They had to do something.
Reply/Quote
Man I hope Sutherland takes over the LG spot, Redmond comes back and locks down the RG spot, We keep Andre at LT , Trey at C, and Hart at RT. I think that would be a great oline and worthy of a cool nickname. Now if only I could think of a nickname for an Oline composed Of:

Trey
Redmon
Andre
Sutherland
Hart

I'm drawing a blank. Does anyone have any ideas for a nickname for that Oline?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Did the coaches get a "they knew who they thought we were" moment? Where does Finley and Sample fit in this scheme of it all? Little on the OL & poor LBs still.
Reply/Quote