Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR Reece Horn
In other breaking news, the Bengals have signed XFL star Reece Horn.

Maybe he can crack the top 5 or 6 receivers on this team.
Reply/Quote
This guy has a really impressive football passport.

Tennessee (NFL)
Italy
Austria
Tennessee (AAF)
Florida
Florida (XFL)

Really got around. I'm assuming he's just a camp body unless they don't like their current options at PR.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 05:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This guy has a really impressive football passport.

Tennessee (NFL)
Italy
Austria
Tennessee (AAF)
Florida
Florida (XFL)

Really got around. I'm assuming he's just a camp body unless they don't like their current options at PR.

Yea i was being a lil sarcastic on breaking into the top 5 or 6 WR.  Although we really dont have stand out WR after the top 3.  

I'm still not sold on Tate as a reliable WR, and I wasnt impressed with Mike Thomas last year.   I'd rather have Erickson but he's in Houston. 

Then what do you have after them?  Morgan? Washington? Irwin? Trent Taylor?  

Again, I said what i said.  After the top 3 there's no one in that group that would scare me if i was an opposing DB. 
Reply/Quote
Special teams will be the key to breaking the roster. Best case scenario for him is likely practice squad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
It isn't the off-season until we speculate that WR no one has ever heard of can become UNCOVERABLE and/or a NIGHTMARE for opposing DCs. C'mon guys, let's get on it.
Reply/Quote
Was great in the XFL and AAF. Will be a camp body, but definitely has shown something.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Former Seaman great!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 05:47 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Yea i was being a lil sarcastic on breaking into the top 5 or 6 WR.  Although we really dont have stand out WR after the top 3.  

I'm still not sold on Tate as a reliable WR, and I wasnt impressed with Mike Thomas last year.   I'd rather have Erickson but he's in Houston. 

Again, I said what i said.  After the top 3 there's no one in that group that would scare me if i was an opposing DB. 

Auden Tate has a radius that cant be taught 
He caught alot of throws in his career that alot of WRs 
Cant make. 
If he is the 4th WR I dont see alot of other teams 4th CB being
Able to out muscle him or out jump him

Mike Thomas looks the part. But he still cant move the needle
As a WR with  2-franchises . He has been.given every chance
To.show what he can.do. He is not a lock.to make the team.

Alex Erickson.had 4 years to prove himself. He may not even 
Make the Texans final 53

Trent Taylor will probally be the 5th WR. 
The Bengals 1st 4 WRs are set. 
Reply/Quote
Do you think Horn is here because the northwestern guy is on the PUP
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 06:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It isn't the off-season until we speculate that  WR no one has ever heard of can become UNCOVERABLE and/or a NIGHTMARE for opposing DCs.

Apparently you're not Austrian, but well everyone has mistakes. If you were, you'd probably know the guy though. He made our Austrian amateur defenders look real slow and stuff.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 08:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Former Seaman great!

Well, aren't we all.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 09:29 AM)hollodero Wrote: Apparently you're not Austrian, but well everyone has mistakes. If you were, you'd probably know the guy though. He made our Austrian amateur defenders look real slow and stuff.

Would you say that he has the potential to be uncoverable?
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 05:47 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Yea i was being a lil sarcastic on breaking into the top 5 or 6 WR.  Although we really dont have stand out WR after the top 3.  

Trent Taylor has proven himself in the NFL, but had recent issues with injury.  That guy put up very Welker-like numbers in the combine, with a short-shuttle close to that of Chase.  I think he is the backup slot WR.  Tate has a solid set or hands and large catch radius.  WIth the likes of Chase and Higgins drawing coverage, Tate could be pretty solid.  

The sixth spot may not even dress, so for them to push either Tate or Taylor to the bench, they would have to be a hell of a special teamer.  I'm hoping Chris Evans wins that role. (PR). 
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 10:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Trent Taylor has proven himself in the NFL, but had recent issues with injury.  That guy put up very Welker-like numbers in the combine, with a short-shuttle close to that of Chase.  I think he is the backup slot WR.  Tate has a solid set or hands and large catch radius.  WIth the likes of Chase and Higgins drawing coverage, Tate could be pretty solid.  

The sixth spot may not even dress, so for them to push either Tate or Taylor to the bench, they would have to be a hell of a special teamer.  I'm hoping Chris Evans wins that role. (PR). 

How many NFL teams 4th WR has the size and strong hands that Tate has? Not too many. Lets not forget it was only 2-years
Ago that Tate averaged 14 yds per catch
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 11:44 AM)impactplaya Wrote: How many NFL teams 4th WR has the size and strong hands that Tate has? Not too many. Lets not forget it was only 2-years

Tate has his uses in the red zone but seems to slow for most the field
Reply/Quote
Tate is okay sort of - really a #4 WR is his ceiling as he is too easily covered to be a #1 or #2.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 09:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Would you say that he has the potential to be uncoverable?

Sure. I mean, he made it from America to Austria, a leap hardly anyone can muster. Many waste away their career in the NFL instead.

But seriously, it probably depends how well the Bengals PS is covered. When he was here, some local newspapers did cover him.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 11:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Tate has his uses in the red zone but seems to slow for most the field

(07-27-2021, 12:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: Tate is okay sort of - really a #4 WR is his ceiling as he is too easily covered to be a #1 or #2.

You two need to learn how to football. 

You're just spewing silly sound bites. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 11:44 AM)impactplaya Wrote: How many NFL teams 4th WR has the size and strong hands that Tate has? Not too many. Lets not forget it was only 2-years

so here's my question then if you dont mind me asking.  If Tate was this great receiver then why during Marvins tenure and even into Zac's tenure he seems to be a second thought by this coaching staff?  

The fans are like well if they'd use him right Tate could be a star....from what I've seen he's a 5th or 6h WR.  He'd probably be a starter on our 90's teams in the lost decade....then again I dont think he would've beaten out Darnay Scott and Carl Pickens at WR. 
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 12:58 PM)TJ528 Wrote: so here's my question then if you dont mind me asking.  If Tate was this great receiver then why during Marvins tenure and even into Zac's tenure he seems to be a second thought by this coaching staff?  

The fans are like well if they'd use him right Tate could be a star....from what I've seen he's a 5th or 6h WR.  He'd probably be a starter on our 90's teams in the lost decade....then again I dont think he would've beaten out Darnay Scott and Carl Pickens at WR. 

Well, for one thing he had AJ, Tyler and Tee in front of him. That makes him #4.
Reply/Quote