Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR Reece Horn
(07-27-2021, 12:58 PM)TJ528 Wrote: so here's my question then if you dont mind me asking.  If Tate was this great receiver then why during Marvins tenure and even into Zac's tenure he seems to be a second thought by this coaching staff?  

The fans are like well if they'd use him right Tate could be a star....from what I've seen he's a 5th or 6h WR.  He'd probably be a starter on our 90's teams in the lost decade....then again I dont think he would've beaten out Darnay Scott and Carl Pickens at WR. 
Let me answer your question the best I can. 
The Bengals took a late,RD flier on Tate.
7th RD pick. 200 and something in the draft.
You take a chance on a guy that has his frame.

At FSU, Tate had garbage at QB throwing to him
He had really average coaches to coach him up.

As a matter of fact alot of WRs and QBs from FSU
Do not succeed at the NFL level
Warrick, Dugans, Weinke, Ward etc  etc

Tate was a raw talent from the get go. 
Marvin chose to play Cody Core over Tate
Which was laughable. 
But that was Lewis's decision. 
BTW Core is out of football which tells 
How much Marv knew about WRs.

Auden Tate is still learning the position
He wasnt  as polished as Boyd or Higgins was 
Coming out. 
2 years ago when Tate got his most playing time
He was moving the chains downfield 
As a,matter of fact 72% of his catches that year went 
For 1st downs.

I never said he was ever great. But I do stand by he is 
A unique weapon that ZT to this day cannot figure out
How to use properly.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 09:30 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well, aren't we all.

Come again?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
With the good lord willing and the creek don't rise, he could aspire to be the new John Ross. Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 07:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Was great in the XFL and AAF. Will be a camp body, but definitely has shown something.

Yeah, I liked what I saw of him. People will hate on the move who know nothing about Reece Horn. Just the way it goes round here.
Reply/Quote
Watching highlights of him and I think he has a shot at making the roster as the 6th or 7th WR. He has the Size(6-3 215), Quickness, and YAC ability for the slot position.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 01:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, for one thing he had AJ, Tyler and Tee in front of him. That makes him #4.

The main issue is he runs 4.7. Tate is glacially slow for a WR, and isn’t fast out of his breaks. At best he uses his size to wall off defenders, but he’s never going to be a YAC guy. Limited athletic ability makes Auden a one trick red zone pony.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 12:34 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: The main issue is he runs 4.7.  Tate is glacially slow for a WR, and isn’t fast out of his breaks.  At best he uses his size to wall off defenders, but he’s never going to be a YAC guy.  Limited athletic ability makes Auden a one trick red zone pony.

Another one that doesn't know how to football. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
How the hell is a thread about this guy on a 2nd page?

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 09:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I liked what I saw of him. People will hate on the move who know nothing about Reece Horn. Just the way it goes round here.

I remember Purify who we let go from our Practice squad then went on to dominate in one of those other leagues.

Some guys just dont make the cut in the NFL..    

Id be willing to say very few have heard of Horn before he signed here.

But nothing wrong with him getting a shot. you never know what you find
Reply/Quote
Don't know anything about him other than what I've read here. Intrigued and may check some videos later on lunch.

Seems Bengals are trying to find a rough stone diamond pulled from creek that possibly could work for depth if panning out. Not hating and applauding this effort per if he does not make team, who cares ?

If he possesses speed and can actually hold on to ball then he could definitely be an asset with our top 3 guys drawing the best coverage away from him.

Good move without taking really any risk at all and won't hurt my feelings either way it goes, so pulling for him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 06:12 PM)J24 Wrote: Come again?

Not enough eligible receivers.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 12:34 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: The main issue is he runs 4.7.  Tate is glacially slow for a WR, and isn’t fast out of his breaks.  At best he uses his size to wall off defenders, but he’s never going to be a YAC guy.  Limited athletic ability makes Auden a one trick red zone pony.

Except he is not. He is very good at getting past the 1st down marker and stretching out along the sideline to move the chains. Is he going to take it to the house, probably not, be he can move the chains.....
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 09:54 PM)Bengalsz06 Wrote: Do you think Horn is here because the northwestern guy is on the PUP

IDK, but the name "Reece Horn" sounds like a fast dude....maybe brought in to help take the lid off here and there. Any relation to Joe Horn?
whats the info/stats on this guy?
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 11:29 AM)kalibengal Wrote: IDK, but the name "Reece Horn" sounds like a fast dude....maybe brought in to help take the lid off here and there. Any relation to Joe Horn?

Wonder if he's related to Tom Horn..... if so, he can take a shot.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 11:29 AM)kalibengal Wrote: IDK, but the name "Reece Horn" sounds like a fast dude....maybe brought in to help take the lid off here and there. Any relation to Joe Horn?

1. He's a possession guy > speed guy. Reliable hands, willing blocker, was fairly dominant in the 2, "minor," leagues.
2. He's white lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 08:18 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Auden Tate has a radius that cant be taught 
He caught alot of throws in his career that alot of WRs 
Cant make. 
If he is the 4th WR I dont see alot of other teams 4th CB being
Able to out muscle him or out jump him

Mike Thomas looks the part. But he still cant move the needle
As a WR with  2-franchises . He has been.given every chance
To.show what he can.do. He is not a lock.to make the team.

Alex Erickson.had 4 years to prove himself. He may not even 
Make the Texans final 53

Trent Taylor will probally be the 5th WR. 
The Bengals 1st 4 WRs are set. 

What's the backing track for this?
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 07:55 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: What's the backing track for this?

This is a tough one. 

I can't decide between Snoop's Murder was the case and Ice Cube's No Vaseline. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Is Erickson still out there as a FA?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 07:55 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: What's the backing track for this?

(07-30-2021, 12:31 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is a tough one. 

I can't decide between Snoop's Murder was the case and Ice Cube's No Vaseline. 

I'm stuck between Tupac/Dr Dre's California

and Snow's Informer

Informer would play well if we had a short, easily repeatable chorus to toss in there.
Reply/Quote
Just you guys wait till Hobson writes up the great Reece Horn saga about his dear old grandpapy who worked on a trash truck, how mamma made him go to church every Sunday and sing in the choir and blah, blah, blah. Until then he'll be the greatest player nobody ever heard of before. Soon as everyone knows who he is he'll be just another guy..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote