Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WR Room - Who makes the cut this year?
I like Erickson as mu #6 for his kick return ability and he's a decent receiver in his own right.

I can see a lot of spread offense Green, Boyd, Higgins and Ross out there at the same time.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:11 PM)McC Wrote: SMH.

Is there any reason to think otherwise? He tied Hopkins and Watkins for most TD in school history. He is clearly the option they are thinking will be the next #1 of the team. AJ is a household name and there is value in that despite the fact he cant even see the field.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:39 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Going off the back end list, if we keep 6 WRs, then I think the battle for the final spot will be between Thomas and Morgan because of their ST contributions.

Erickson has to be in their too BD.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 08:24 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Is there any reason to think otherwise? He tied Hopkins and Watkins for most TD in school history. He is clearly the option they are thinking will be the next #1 of the team. AJ is a household name and there is value in that despite the fact he cant even see the field.

Sure, he can be AJ's EVENTUAL replacement.  But I fail to see the wisdom of getting rid of AJ before Higgins has ever even played a down.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Morgan was huge on ST last year.

Maybe I missed it, but wasn't Morgan on the PS for most of the year?
Reply/Quote
1.) AJ Green
2.)Tyler Boyd
3.) John Ross
4.)Tee Higgens
5.)Mike Thomas
6.) Alex Eirikson
7.) Stanley Morgan
Tate moves to TE or I should say will be used as a Flex TE similar to how we used Eifert.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 09:39 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) AJ Green
2.)Tyler Boyd
3.) John Ross
4.)Tee Higgens
5.)Mike Thomas
6.) Alex Eirikson
7.) Stanley Morgan
Tate moves to TE or I should say will be used as a Flex TE similar to how we used Eifert.

Heard from Simmons last year that he liked Auden on ST's a lot so any way we can keep him I think we will if Mike Thomas
and Stanley Morgan ball out for him. Really deep room this Offseason at WR and we brought in Scotty Washington from Wake
to compete and try for the PS so far as an UDFA.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 08:59 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Maybe I missed it, but wasn't Morgan on the PS for most of the year?

I think you’re right, but I’m not looking it up. Lol

Willis spent time there too.

Staying on topic, if they keep 6, it seems like it’s set right now. I can’t see how Erickson isn’t #6. That’s a freakin solid 6 if you ask me. I’m sure Higgins will have his bumps in the road as a rookie, but how does one not like Green, Boyd, Ross, Tate, and Erickson?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:15 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: I think you’re right, but I’m not looking it up.  Lol

Willis spent time there too.

Staying on topic, if they keep 6, it seems like it’s set right now. I can’t see how Erickson isn’t #6.  That’s a freakin solid 6 if you ask me.  I’m sure Higgins will have his bumps in the road as a rookie, but how does one not like Green, Boyd, Ross, Tate, and Erickson?

Only when at least two of them aren't playing lol
Reply/Quote
The last WR spot might come down to Mike Thomas and Alex Erickson.
I'm curious how many WRs dress on game day .
I just cant see Erickson getting many snaps on Game day
The talent level In the WR room just got better
This isnt 2 years ago where Erickson was a lock to make the final 53.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 11:00 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The last WR spot might come down to Mike Thomas and Alex Erickson.
I'm curious how many WRs dress on game day .
I just cant see Erickson getting many snaps on Game day
The talent level In the WR room just got better
This isnt 2 years ago where Erickson was a lock to make the final 53.

Someone has to run back punts.

And...if you throw it to him, he catches it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 08:39 PM)McC Wrote: Sure, he can be AJ's EVENTUAL replacement.  But I fail to see the wisdom of getting rid of AJ before Higgins has ever even played a down.

I should have clarified. I think Green could be shipped out next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Heard from Simmons last year that he liked Auden on ST's a lot so any way we can keep him I think we will if Mike Thomas
and Stanley Morgan ball out for him. Really deep room this Offseason at WR and we brought in Scotty Washington from Wake
to compete and try for the PS so far as an UDFA.

I think the UDFA Washington kid is gonna surprise and knock someone out of a spot.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 11:28 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I should have clarified. I think Green could be shipped out next year.

Well, that's a horse of a different color.

Reply/Quote
Normally these things work themselves out because not everyone will make it through pre-season healthy. Downer thoughts aside....

Green
Boyd
Higgins
Ross
Tate
Erickson

....is who I see making it. Morgan and Willis to the PS.

- - - - - - - -
I will say that I wouldn't be surprised if Erickson or Ross are traded before the season starts. (Smaller chance that AJ is.) Erickson, AJ, and Ross (if they don't pick up his $14-ish million 5th year option before the end of May) are all FA after this season, so one of them is probably going to be traded.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
They're keeping 7, people; come on.

(04-25-2020, 05:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree about John Ross.  When healthy, he showed enough last year to make me a believer.  If he can stay upright for an entire season, I think that Burrow will help him put together a highlight reel.

On Erickson, he's durable, consistent, and doesn't cost much.  He's useful in multiple capacities.  It will take an impressive showing from an up and comer to bump him from the roster.

That's a bingo.

Erickson and Morgan are the top 2 to make it now, for spots 6 and 7.

Only person who can really threaten them, is Mike Thomas, but I personally feel he won't be there, Zac connections or not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 12:44 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They're keeping 7, people; come on.

That's a bingo.

Erickson and Morgan are the top 2 to make it now, for spots 6 and 7.

Only person who can really threaten them, is Mike Thomas, but I personally feel he won't be there, Zac connections or not.

If Thomas makes it, it could only mean he is an absolute demon on STs.  He'll be lucky to have any chance to catch passes.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 12:47 AM)McC Wrote: If Thomas makes it, it could only mean he is an absolute demon on STs.  He'll be lucky to have any chance to catch passes.

Correct and even then, I think Erickson makes it over Morgan.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 12:51 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Correct and even then, I think Erickson makes it over Morgan.

Yep.  If for no other reason than returning punts.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 03:22 PM)corpjet Wrote: Trade John Ross right now, take a 5th for this year or next

WhoDey2 I may be way off base here. TBS, I think that Ross' injury last year hurt ZT's offense a lot more than AJ's did.

Don't get me wrong AJ's injury was devastating, but to Dalton not ZT's offense. Think about the Rams offense. Every play began/begins with the very fast Brandin Cooks going in motion, moving around, stopping starting etc. The Bengals Brandin Cooks is John Ross.

Therefore, last year, some of ZT's offense was stopped before it even got started... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote