Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WR at #31
(03-22-2022, 06:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: They may be farther apart with Bates than people think.  Marcus Williams got a similar deal to what people were discussing with Bates and has been a much more consistent performer.  I can't see the Bengals justifying spending that on a worse player.  I think Brisker will also be high on the Bengals board.  I wouldn't personally take Cine at #31. Keep in mind that Allen played 19% of the defensive snaps last year despite missing 3 games.  It would likely come down to injuries as to which played more.

Another possibility is that if the FA market stays slow up until the draft, if they draft a S they can pull the tag on Bates(assuming he hasn't signed it yet) and use that money towards more FA's, but that depends on what's left out there.

I like Winfrey, but I just don't like him at 31.

Brisker is that cover 2 and 3 safety that rotates all over. I wouldn't trust him in the high amount of single high that Bates has to play because it's not his game. Daxton Hill and Lewis Cline both play a ton of single high and could slide right into the defense. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am now reconsidering Pickens at #31. The outside pressure to draft a WR is to much to happen. I still think is would be a home-run pick for 3 main reasons.

This guy is AC Green 2.0. 5-star in HS. All-SEC freshman year. He got unlucky at UG because bad QB’s. The Covid-19 year in which no OOC games were played to boost the numbers against cupcakes. And a ACL about 1year ago. He returned at the end of the year and dazzled. He is 6’3” 197 and gives of a very AC-vibe. Like Chase and Tee, he is a stout boundary WR but has no fear of the inside routes. He is no Terrel Owens. That would give Zak all the reason to expand his use of pre-snap looks and motions.

Another reason is simple to me. We are going to be faced with decisions very soon innBoyd and Higgins. This assures JB will have JB elite WR for the duration of his rookie contract. Important!

Lastly he is a high-effort positive and would be a perfect addition to the WR room.

And of course he is a George. That accounts for something.

But next year would probably be just as good team-building wise.
Feed The Cats Training

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 06:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Give me Daxton Hill. Great speed. Can make a play or two on the ball, can make a read and shoot in to blow it up. Solid tackler, you can see him using his arms to wrap up which shouldn't be a point of praise, buuut... Lol

I like Dax as well, will watch this vid tomorrow as I get the day off. Thanks brother.  Rock On

(03-22-2022, 07:46 PM)pulses Wrote: Yeah I agree with you. I like Brisker enough to take him at 31.

Round 1. Brisker S

Round 2. Winfrey DT

Round 3. Jelani Woods TE

Round 4. Alontae Taylor CB

That would be an epic Draft IMO. Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:32 AM)CoachGeorge Wrote: If we’re are going with a dominant 4-wide sets, I would suggest George Pickens as the pick. Get CB in FA, use the rest of the draft for depth (Edge, IDL, TE & OL).  Too crazy?

People will roast me for this, but if he is related to Carl Pickens, I want ZERO to do with him.  Talent notwithstanding.

Odd you can't find out on web.  Like they are trying to keep it a secret.  If Carl was my dad and I was hoping to be drafted, I wouldn't want anyone to know, either.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 10:43 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: I am now reconsidering Pickens at #31. The outside pressure to draft a WR is to much to happen. I still think is would be a home-run pick for 3 main reasons.

This guy is AC Green 2.0. 5-star in HS. All-SEC freshman year. He got unlucky at UG because bad QB’s. The Covid-19 year in which no OOC games were played to boost the numbers against cupcakes. And a ACL about 1year ago. He returned at the end of the year and dazzled. He is 6’3” 197 and gives of a very AC-vibe. Like Chase and Tee, he is a stout boundary WR but has no fear of the inside routes. He is no Terrel Owens. That would give Zak all the reason to expand his use of pre-snap looks and motions.

Another reason is simple to me. We are going to be faced with decisions very soon innBoyd and Higgins. This assures JB will have JB elite WR for the duration of his rookie contract. Important!

Lastly he is a high-effort positive and would be a perfect addition to the WR room.

And of course he is a George. That accounts for something.

But next year would probably be just as good team-building wise.

Here we go again...

And for someone who is supposedly a coach, your takes have been constantly and consistently obtuse and/or just bad, since you came on the board.

There's no way in hell we go WR with #31, unless Burks or Williams is there.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 11:07 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Here we go again...

And for someone who is supposedly a coach, your takes have been constantly and consistently obtuse and/or just bad, since you came on the board.

There's no way in hell we go WR with #31, unless Burks or Williams is there.

Why does he keep calling him AC Green? That dude was a forward on the Lakers lol
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why does he keep calling him AC Green? That dude was a forward on the Lakers lol

They called him Air Conditioning for short.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why does he keep calling him AC Green? That dude was a forward on the Lakers lol

It’s a joke. If you knew the rep on Green, you might get the joke.
Feed The Cats Training

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 09:15 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: It’s a joke.  If you knew the rep on Green, you might get the joke.

Ahhh, now I feel like the dude who doesn't get it cause I don't. Damn it! Whatever
Reply/Quote
Tiger
Not a chance at 31.
I'm on the record saying or typing it.
Me Emeritus
Reply/Quote