Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR's 2-5 - Where are they?
Lafell, Boyd, Core, Ross - Where are you?

Our offense seems to be throwing to either AJ Green or a RB Screen.

Going into the season, people talked about our variety of weapons and being able to spread the ball around. That doesn't seem to be happening.

Before you say it's the offensive line. Quick slants do work. Why not more of them?
Reply/Quote
Andy is not good under pressure, does not read his progressions well, is not reading the defense this year as well as he has in past years, and has no fricking time to pass because of this atrocious offensive line.

Brady or Rodgers would do better with our o line but they would not make playoffs and probably would end up getting hurt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 11:24 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Andy is not good under pressure, does not read his progressions well, is not reading the defense this year as well as he has in past years, and has no fricking time to pass because of this atrocious offensive line.

Brady or Rodgers would do better with our o line but they would not make playoffs and probably would end up getting hurt.

Rodgers line was worse than ours when you factor in our line play and he picked our defense apart.

I think with Aaron Rodgers...we're a playoff team.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 11:24 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Andy is not good under pressure, does not read his progressions well, is not reading the defense this year as well as he has in past years, and has no fricking time to pass because of this atrocious offensive line.

Dalton has lost his confidence, and his confidence in the line.....which has affected his game immensely.  I think he's done here.  It can't be very reassuring when you have Ogbuehi protecting your backside in the back of your head every play.

(09-25-2017, 11:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Rodgers line was worse than ours when you factor in our line play and he picked our defense apart.

We'd be in the running, but then Marv would figure out a way to Bungal that too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Seems like that was the game plan, maybe Lazor starting things out simple, but it was look for your first read (mostly Green) and if it’s not there check to RB.
Reply/Quote

has Dalton ever stood in the pocket n shuffled his feet to find the open man without looking like scared girl? he takes off running n throws it out of bounds
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 11:29 AM)Wyche Wrote: Dalton has lost his confidence, and his confidence in the line.....which has affected his game immensely.  I think he's done here. It can't be very reassuring when you have Ogbuehi protecting your backside in the back of your head every play.

We'd be in the running, but then Marv would figure out a way to Bungal that too.

This, 

Dalton is scared shitless out there ! You can see it. Thanks to MB's way 

Which BTW hasn't worked now for 26 years now, if you're counting.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:02 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: has Dalton ever stood in the pocket n shuffled his feet to find the open man without looking like scared girl? he takes off running n throws it out of bounds

When you sit there watching, you know that if the first read isn't open, the chances of anything good happening are slim to none.  Andy has very poor pocket presence and very little ability to make plays on the fly.  He has it in his brain that he won't have any time and it's not gonna go away.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I see lafell open all the dang time. Dalton either doesn't see him or over throws him. Marvin benched Boyd and Ross for God knows what dumb ass reason. I know I am beating a dead horse here but, you cannot compete without an o line unless you have a superstar qb which we do not. That, literally, is football 101.
Reply/Quote
I feel like Dalton has regressed in his ability to read defenses. There have been numerous times where even I've seen where the blitz is going to be coming from a Dalton didn't adjust protection. That's on him, not the Oline. I think Romo did a great job yesterday pointing out when it was Daltons fault and not always on the Oline. Good QBs make the Oline look good just as much as an Oline make QBs look good.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:10 PM)McC Wrote: When you sit there watching, you know that if the first read isn't open, the chances of anything good happening are slim to none.  Andy has very poor pocket presence and very little ability to make plays on the fly. He has it in his brain that he won't have any time and it's not gonna go away.

Nail meet hammer. Only chance we have with Dalton is to have a top level O-line, and we ummmm don't.

(09-25-2017, 12:10 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I see lafell open all the dang time. Dalton either doesn't see him or over throws him. Marvin benched Boyd and Ross for God knows what dumb ass reason. I know I am beating a dead horse here but, you cannot compete without an o line unless you have a superstar qb which we do not. That, literally, is football 101.

Exactly,

Goodluck convincing MB of that
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 11:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Lafell, Boyd, Core, Ross - Where are you?

Our offense seems to be throwing to either AJ Green or a RB Screen.

Going into the season, people talked about our variety of weapons and being able to spread the ball around. That doesn't seem to be happening.

Before you say it's the offensive line. Quick slants do work. Why not more of them?

LaFell - Pedestrian at getting separation. He stepped up last year when he was forced to become the #1. I don't see him getting another contract with the Bengals and may even get cut after this season.
Boyd - Slot receiver. Also pedestrian at getting separation. Another Sanu. Improved line play to give more time for routes to develop should result in Boyd becoming more productive.
Core - Not targeted since Week 1.
Ross - Out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:02 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: has Dalton ever stood in the pocket n shuffled his feet to find the open man without looking like scared girl? he takes off running n throws it out of bounds

Yes he has....he was looking pretty good at that aspect of his game in 2014, and especially 2015.  He started out 2016 that way (remember game 1 vs NYJ?), but he has regressed significantly over the last two seasons, no doubt.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

This. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 11:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Rodgers line was worse than ours when you factor in our line play and he picked our defense apart.

Andy Dalton isn't Aaron Rodgers. 

With Rodgers, we are a Super Bowl team. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes he has....he was looking pretty good at that aspect of his game in 2014, and especially 2015.  He started out 2016 that way (remember game 1 vs NYJ?), but he has regressed significantly over the last two seasons, no doubt.

Unfortunately...once a QB develops bad habits like that it may doom him here.
Reply/Quote
They wanted Core and Erickson so bad, they can now live with the consequences of that decision.
Reply/Quote

The one play in the 4th quarter where he missed Lafell WIDE OPEN over the middle he scrambled out of the cleanest pocket hes had maybe all year. Why on earth he took of running is beyond me. Hang in the pocket, step up, make the throw. Andy gets happy feet and gets scared. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Andy Dalton isn't Aaron Rodgers. 

With Rodgers, we are a Super Bowl team. 

With Rodgers about 20 teams would be super bowl teams.

As to OP, rumor has it that Lafell is still wide open over the middle. But our crap O Line and the trauma it installed in Dalton dooms us.
Reply/Quote
I'm just excited we had an offensive game plan to counter our offensive inabilities. quick passes to get the ball out of Dalton's hands.  Who woulda thought that should have happened after the first possession of our first game.  Holy cow! Soon, NFL defenses will get smart to this, but that's when our fearless leaders need to adapt and try out these different wr's we have.  Boyd, Ross, etc.  One guy I was impressed with yesterday was Kroft. He had a few nice catches yesterday.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote