Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR's in Rd's 3 and 5...again?
(04-26-2016, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Each year I fall a little harder for a prospect than I should. This year it is Malcolm Mitchell. He's currently carrying a 3-4 RD grade

Yup. Malcolm has been my infatuation leading up to the draft. We never know about the health thing. But if he is healthy I really think he is a guy we will be looking to snatch up in the middle rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 07:08 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The more I study the Bengal's situation and the talent in this draft the more I think they will repeat what they did with Sanu and Jones.

With the release of Hawk I just have a feeling that they may go LB in the first and DT in the second. The talent on the board would suggest this as a very good probability. As many of us know D-line is deep in this draft so there should be a very good one available in the second round.

There are role playing pass catchers to be had in the middle rounds. Obviously, I could be dead wrong but I just don't see them reaching for one of the highly touted WR's out of need.

Just a feeling I have as I begin to see what could be the picture of the upcoming draft. Personally, I am very much on board with this strategy if it's how it plays out.

What LB our you taking in the first and who out of Burfict Maualuga and Dansby are you taking off the field? And who out of Burfict and Dansby are you taking off the field in nickel?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 12:33 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What LB our you taking in the first and who out of Burfict Maualuga and Dansby are you taking off the field? And who out of Burfict and Dansby are you taking off the field in nickel?

You take Lee, Smith,or Ragland if available. Maualuga and Dansby are getting up there. Gotta start to find their replacements either in this draft or the next. Another option is the center from Bama, Kelly. Polian has him as the 4th best player in this draft. Smith may fall because of injury but last years first rounder was coming off an injury and we snatched him up so there's that.

Remember this is the Bengals. First rd picks don't automatically start for us in year one. Kelly at center probably would though.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 01:40 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You take Lee, Smith,or Ragland if available. Maualuga and Dansby are getting up there. Gotta start to find their replacements either in this draft or the next. Another option is the center from Bama, Kelly. Polian has him as the 4th best player in this draft. Smith may fall because of injury but last years first rounder was coming off an injury and we snatched him up so there's that.

Remember this is the Bengals. First rd picks don't automatically start for us in year one. Kelly at center probably would though.

Lee is a workout warrior. All that physical ability and he finished 4th on his team with 66 tackles. That scares me. With that kind of speed playing LB i expect higher numbers. Hell he was 3rd on the team in tackles in 2013. I love the potential. But even the homer in me says dont do it.

Jaylon has nerve damage. Ogbuehi was well on his way to 100%. There is no such confirmation with jaylon. The guy cant even pick his foot up. No way you take that risk in the first. Or 2nd or 3rd for that matter. Nerve regrowth is unpredictable. They told my friend his could grow back. That was 10 years ago. He still has drop foot.

Ragland scored a 10 and 15 on his wonderlic and will supposedly take awhile to learn the playbook. And there is no guarantee he will be a 3 down LB in the NFL. I just dont see greatness. Out of the 3 i would be least upset with him.

Id rather see what we have with Dawson before spending a first round pick on LB.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 02:34 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Lee is a workout warrior. All that physical ability and he finished 4th on his team with 66 tackles. That scares me. With that kind of speed playing LB i expect higher numbers. Hell he was 3rd on the team in tackles in 2013. I love the potential. But even the homer in me says dont do it.

Jaylon has nerve damage. Ogbuehi was well on his way to 100%. There is no such confirmation with jaylon. The guy cant even pick his foot up. No way you take that risk in the first. Or 2nd or 3rd for that matter. Nerve regrowth is unpredictable. They told my friend his could grow back. That was 10 years ago. He still has drop foot.

Ragland scored a 10 and 15 on his wonderlic and will supposedly take awhile to learn the playbook. And there is no guarantee he will be a 3 down LB in the NFL. I just dont see greatness. Out of the 3 i would be least upset with him.

Id rather see what we have with Dawson before spending a first round pick on LB.

Smith was a top 5 pick before injury. The verdict is still out. Can't believe everything the media says.

Lee played on a team surrounded with stars so he's not gonna make every play but makes big plays when he needs to; see NIU,Bama, and ND film.

Ragland is a coverage liability but a beast against the run just as Maualuga is and he hits like a truck. They are basically the same player. 

The wonderlic means squat for the most part; see Lawrence Taylor, Dexter Manley, and Maualuga.

Dawson never even saw the field as a rookie which only supports my rooks don't play here statement and the fact that he probably isn't the answer.

Floyd is also another option at #24.

There will be starting caliber NFL D-lineman drafted in the 3rd rd of this draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 01:40 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You take Lee, Smith,or Ragland if available. Maualuga and Dansby are getting up there. Gotta start to find their replacements either in this draft or the next. Another option is the center from Bama, Kelly. Polian has him as the 4th best player in this draft. Smith may fall because of injury but last years first rounder was coming off an injury and we snatched him up so there's that.

Would not hurt my feelings if the Bengals selected a Center, DT, or LB if the top 2 WR's are gone in the first. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 09:45 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Agree with you about Doctson but your wrong about Lafell. Look at his numbers from the previous year when he was healthy. He was never healthy last season.

No need for all caps in an entire sentence bro.

LaFell has had one "big" year in his career, and even that year he did not top 1000 yards.  He has 20 touchdowns in his entire career, barely more than an average of three per year.  I really like Eifert, but he has not shown himself to be durable.  Because of that, he barely has over 1000 yards for his entire career.  Who else on this roster is going to take some of the coverage away from Green?  Tate?  There is a reason he hardly sees the field as a receiver during his career.  Alford?  Maybe, but he was a seventh round draft pick for a reason.  It is not just listening to the media, this team has a big shortage when it comes to receivers...

They should have planned better and taken one much higher last year.  Now they are in a tough spot, so it really doesn't matter if they want to use a rookie or not... they are going to have to do so.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 07:08 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The more I study the Bengal's situation and the talent in this draft the more I think they will repeat what they did with Sanu and Jones.

With the release of Hawk I just have a feeling that they may go LB in the first and DT in the second. The talent on the board would suggest this as a very good probability. As many of us know D-line is deep in this draft so there should be a very good one available in the second round.

There are role playing pass catchers to be had in the middle rounds. Obviously, I could be dead wrong but I just don't see them reaching for one of the highly touted WR's out of need.

Just a feeling I have as I begin to see what could be the picture of the upcoming draft. Personally, I am very much on board with this strategy if it's how it plays out.

I am not as concerned since the added LeFell. I could see us waiting until round #3 for a WR or at a minimum round #2. My little 1st 4 round mock has us taking Billings in round 1 and Boyd in round #2
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 08:14 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Neither Sanu, nor Jones, did anything their rookie seasons.  The Bengals need help at receiver this season, not 2-3 years from now.

When Sanu and Jones were drafted, there was nothing besides AJ Green. At least now the Bengals also have Eifert and LaFell.

While I would be happy if the Bengals did select a WR in the first two rounds, I wouldn't be completely angry if they waited to Round 3 given they have enough quality pass catching options already on the team for 2016 if all stay healthy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I really only want treadwell and doctson with our 1st at wr. I wouldnt be pissed with coleman but no fuller or thomas.

Would rather go billings , karl joseph or ryan kelly

Then pray shepard or tyler Boyd are there in the 2nd
Reply/Quote
Lol...An article on CJ suggests that we may trade up for Doctson which blows my theory out of the water.

However, I posted my theory with the thought that Doctson would already be gone by Cincy's pick. I'm ok with us moving up for Doctson. I have said all along that I feel he is the best WR in this draft. Grab him and add Mitchell or Garrett later would immediately make the WR corps much,much better.
Reply/Quote
If we don't take a WR in the first 2 rounds, I won't be surprised to see Keyarris Garrett in the 3rd. The guy seems like a Bengals pick. He needs some polishing so he'd be a bit of a project during his first year and then hopefully break out his second year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 08:14 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Neither Sanu, nor Jones, did anything their rookie seasons.  The Bengals need help at receiver this season, not 2-3 years from now.

Sanu averaged more catches per game played his rookie year than he did the last year as a Bengal.

Marvin jones was slower to come along, though that is why he dropped to the 5th.

But, both players contributed in their first year.

Some. Not huge. But some.

But, it does sound scarier when you say they contributed nothing.

Name the other nfl team with both a pro bowl WR and te in 2016?  There isn't one. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 04:53 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If we don't take a WR in the first 2 rounds, I won't be surprised to see Keyarris Garrett in the 3rd. The guy seems like a Bengals pick. He needs some polishing so he'd be a bit of a project during his first year and then hopefully break out his second year.

He is my sleeper pick in my 4 round mock. He has great measurable and yes a project, but big and fast like a M. Bryant without the baggage
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 08:58 PM)pulses Wrote: Disagree all you want but the fact is we need help at WR this year!

We?

Yes, you're right in that the team needs help at WR. If that help comes in the form of a first round pick, that's great. But you have to keep in mind that not only does the team have Lafell, who will be productive, they also have three options that the team likes in Kumerow, Alford and Wright. Drafting a WR early would certainly be nice insurance, but you don't want to draft for need early. If the team ends up taking receivers on the second and/or third day, that's not terrible either.

If the team drafted Cooper in the third and Core in the fifth, for instance, I wouldn't be torn up about it. That would be a nice draft in my mind.
Reply/Quote

Mayock has Kelly at 15, higher than all WRs. Also higher than all LBs other than Myles Jack or Leonard Floyd. More to support that Kelly might actually be BPA if Doctson, Coleman, or Treadwell are not available at 24.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000655903/article/mike-mayocks-2016-nfl-draft-top-100-prospect-rankings
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 08:22 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: LaFell has had one "big" year in his career, and even that year he did not top 1000 yards. 

Marvin Jones had one "big" year in his career and even that year he did not put up 850 yards.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 11:10 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He is my sleeper pick in my 4 round mock. He has great measurable and yes a project, but big and fast like a M. Bryant without the baggage

Check out his battle with William Jackson from Houston. Fun highlights to watch.

Another plus for Garrett. The guy had 3 drops in 99 career passes thrown his way. He has an insane catch radius.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote