Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WRs have bonding weekend in Vegas
(06-05-2022, 05:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome. Wouldn't surprise me if he has grown 1/2 an inch or so since his rookie season. Tee looks bigger every year.

I grew until I was 22, was a tiny little dude in High School and grew 4 inches afterwards and no one recognized me.

Can happen.

What I love about our top 3 WR's is they are continually trying to out do each other in what they do. They all have their 
own strengths and continue to work to perfect their games respectively. Great thing to have. Hope we can extend Tee 
along with Burrow and Chase. Love Boyd but I think it might be a little much to think we can afford all of them.

Understandable what you thought about Tee in the ACC and afterwards when he tested poorly. But he has made that all
go away with his play on the big stage. He is one heck of a Receiver and will only get better at what he does. Being 6'5"
or even closer to it should give him an even bigger advantage going against the smaller Corners and Safeties.

Yeah, I hate when this thought enters my mind and everyone always says they can't keep them all....which is 99% probably the truth.  However, they have really saved big time by not having to pay on the offensive line for these veterans over the next several years.  We also don't know exactly the revenues being shared (thus expanding the cap) from the gambling deals being struck.  I would think it has to be a mammoth amount.

When we look at the deals top QBs were getting just a short while ago, a $30 million dollar annual deal seemed crazy, but when you factored that as a % of the total cap space, I don't think the $50 million per year deals will blow that % out of the water.  Paying what could be $75 million to your top 3 WRs may seem impossible, but if they make cheaper deals (through the draft, most likely) for their backup WRs and entire TE group, it may be possible.  I know you don't want to cut too many corners, but you see what I am thinking.  Tee's deal will be the one that sets the table.  If he gets one, it may be possible.  We know Burrow and Chase aren't going anywhere.  

And, yes, I love Tee's size and his overall game.  Perfect complement to Chase and Boyd.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 07:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, I hate when this thought enters my mind and everyone always says they can't keep them all....which is 99% probably the truth.  However, they have really saved big time by not having to pay on the offensive line for these veterans over the next several years.  We also don't know exactly the revenues being shared (thus expanding the cap) from the gambling deals being struck.  I would think it has to be a mammoth amount.

When we look at the deals top QBs were getting just a short while ago, a $30 million dollar annual deal seemed crazy, but when you factored that as a % of the total cap space, I don't think the $50 million per year deals will blow that % out of the water.  Paying what could be $75 million to your top 3 WRs may seem impossible, but if they make cheaper deals (through the draft, most likely) for their backup WRs and entire TE group, it may be possible.  I know you don't want to cut too many corners, but you see what I am thinking.  Tee's deal will be the one that sets the table.  If he gets one, it may be possible.  We know Burrow and Chase aren't going anywhere.  

And, yes, I love Tee's size and his overall game.  Perfect complement to Chase and Boyd.  

Funny how we think the same, we have to cut little parts out of each others posts ha ha

I think this is what we saw in this Draft. Draft our Corners and Safeties for the future so we don't have to pay major dough 
to the vet Secondary players. Lou is a really good Secondary coach who can coach up the young guys quickly. This could make
some of the things we hope possible in bringing ALL our guys back even if it seems impossible. Yah never know.

Saints had NO cap room at all and somehow went all out in FA...
Reply/Quote
Tee would be smart to test the FA market when he's able. He can keep in touch with the friends he has on the team, while making new friends as well as the possibility of becoming someone's #1 and getting his name in bigger, brighter lights. 

I'd say Higgins will be the most difficult of the 3 to re-sign. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 01:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tee would be smart to test the FA market when he's able. He can keep in touch with the friends he has on the team, while making new friends as well as the possibility of becoming someone's #1 and getting his name in bigger, brighter lights. 

Don't make me sad Rfaulk. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 01:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tee would be smart to test the FA market when he's able. He can keep in touch with the friends he has on the team, while making new friends as well as the possibility of becoming someone's #1 and getting his name in bigger, brighter lights. 

Agree

If he has any kind of season this year he's gonna want #1 kinda money.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't make me sad Rfaulk. Mellow

Like Metallica always says...

Sad but true. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 06:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Like Metallica always says...

Sad but true. 

They also say…

Nothing else matters ($$$).

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 06:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Like Metallica always says...

Sad but true. 

Could be right. Mellow

(06-06-2022, 06:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They also say…

Nothing else matters ($$$).

YesPray
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 01:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Funny how we think the same, we have to cut little parts out of each others posts ha ha

I think this is what we saw in this Draft. Draft our Corners and Safeties for the future so we don't have to pay major dough 
to the vet Secondary players. Lou is a really good Secondary coach who can coach up the young guys quickly. This could make
some of the things we hope possible in bringing ALL our guys back even if it seems impossible. Yah never know.

Saints had NO cap room at all and somehow went all out in FA...

Yeah...one thing the Bengals will sure have over the Saints is the Burrow effect.  FAs will want to come here.  I still am borderline shocked that we got Kappa from Tampa.  

Even though they got swept by the Browns (2nd game really not a good representation), but the way the defense played against pitt and Baltimore...that was just special.  He may have helped the Bengals even more by showing other teams how to defense them...especially Baltimore.  
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah...one thing the Bengals will sure have over the Saints is the Burrow effect.  FAs will want to come here.  I still am borderline shocked that we got Kappa from Tampa.  

Even though they got swept by the Browns (2nd game really not a good representation), but the way the defense played against pitt and Baltimore...that was just special.  He may have helped the Bengals even more by showing other teams how to defense them...especially Baltimore.  

It was nice that Brady acted like he was retiring right before we got Cappa. That must of been a little factor but Burrow in the
end always seems to be the one factor that puts it over the top with all 3 of the guys we added to the OL and Hurst who is in 
full praise mode of Burrow right now.

True with Lou and how he shown how you play Lamar and the Ravens. Finally did what I was wanting to see and have been 
speaking about since Lamar came into the league.

You play disciplined, keep him in the pocket and make him beat you passing the ball. Other teams will try to do this of course
but you have to have the personnel. Hubbard primarily is great at playing End with these types of QB's.
Reply/Quote
https://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/33974/what-happens-in-vegas-shows-why-bengals-wrs-have-great-chemistry

Quote:“We don’t just want to be around each other just because we all play receiver,” Boyd said. “At the end of the day, we look at each other like family.

“Bonding is the most important thing, because then you’ll get unselfish people around you. That’s always the beauty of it.”

Quote:“You just have to have your s--- set up,” Boyd said. “You can’t just go to Vegas just thinking you’re going to party and just get a nice table.”

Typically, Boyd -- a frequent Vegas visitor -- said there will be some team-themed regalia provided when he reserves a table. This trip featured cardboard cutouts of each of the players

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 02:10 PM)pally Wrote: https://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/33974/what-happens-in-vegas-shows-why-bengals-wrs-have-great-chemistry

Good to see. Chemistry is very important.
Reply/Quote
Higgins grew up a Bengals fan.... never say never. I for one would take a discount to play for my favorite team.

Any deal he gets is already life changing money.... stick around play with your friends on your favorite team for multiple chances at a SB
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 06:10 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Higgins grew  up a Bengals fan.... never say never.  I for one would take a discount to play for my favorite team.

Any deal he gets is already life changing money.... stick around play with your friends on your favorite team for multiple chances at a SB

Not attacking you but fans always say that and it's a fantasy. 

If you're at work and other people are making more money than you and getting more notoriety, do you just sit back and say, "well, i really like this place so i don't mind making less", even though you know you're better at the job than most of the others?

No. You want to be compensated to your talents. 

Like i said, regardless of where he is, he'll always be in contact with the guys he's friends with now and will see them on occasion. 

Hopefully he re-signs here and enjoys a long career with Chase. 

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 11:22 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not attacking you but fans always say that and it's a fantasy. 

If you're at work and other people are making more money than you and getting more notoriety, do you just sit back and say, "well, i really like this place so i don't mind making less", even though you know you're better at the job than most of the others?

No. You want to be compensated to your talents. 

Like i said, regardless of where he is, he'll always be in contact with the guys he's friends with now and will see them on occasion. 

Hopefully he re-signs here and enjoys a long career with Chase. 

It would depend on his goals, I would assume.

Some people (keyword = some) don't mind being paid a bit less if the other aspects are better (culture, winning, city they're in, cost of living, etc).
However, there are plenty of people (especially those who could be looking at their first veteran contract) wanting and willing to play wherever gives them the top dollar. And there's no shame in that.

I think if Higgins is happy in Cincinnati and is succeeding with Burrow, there's a chance he could be willing to take a bit under what others would offer. However, he shouldn't take a massive discount just for the sake of winning, IMO. I wouldn't.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 01:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True with Lou and how he shown how you play Lamar and the Ravens. Finally did what I was wanting to see and have been 
speaking about since Lamar came into the league.

Lou has not really done anything special against Jackson.  He lit us up until this year, and this year he struggled against every team, not just the Bengals.

Jackson only played 11 full games.   Jackson had his 5th highest game in both passer rating and passing yards against us.  His passer rating against us was higher than his season total.  He had his third highest rushing total against us.
Reply/Quote
By the time a player gets to the NFL he has gone through building tight bonds and team loyalty in high school then leaving that and building tight bonds and team loyalty in college then leaving that and building tight bonds and team loyalty in the NFL.

At that point it is not really that big of a deal to leave an NFL team to form tight bonds with teammates and team loyalty in another city.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 11:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It would depend on his goals, I would assume.

Some people (keyword = some) don't mind being paid a [b]bit less if the other aspects are better (culture, winning, city they're in, cost of living, etc).{/B]
However, there are plenty of people (especially those who could be looking at their first veteran contract) wanting and willing to play wherever gives them the top dollar. And there's no shame in that.

I think if Higgins is happy in Cincinnati and is succeeding with Burrow, there's a chance he could be willing to take a bit under what others would offer. However, he shouldn't take a massive discount just for the sake of winning, IMO. I wouldn't.[/b]

Agree, Would he continue to play for the Bengals and Burrow SB chances and so on for a few hundred thousand less ? I might buy that ?

Is he gonna stay with Bengals if another team is offering him 2.5 million more ? He'll be gone like he was shot out of a cannon. And I wouldn't blame him.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 12:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote:

Agree, Would he continue to play for the Bengals and Burrow SB chances and so on for a few hundred thousand less ? I might buy that ?

Is he gonna stay with Bengals if another team is offering him 2.5 million more ? He'll be gone like he was shot out of a cannon. And I wouldn't blame him.

I would think (or hope) just a few mill wouldn't be a deal breaker, but it could be.
I was thinking more like $5+ mill difference just to stay with Cincy. I don't see that happening.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 12:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would think (or hope) just a few mill wouldn't be a deal breaker, but it could be.
I was thinking more like $5+ mill difference just to stay with Cincy. I don't see that happening.

I'm no tax expert that 2.5 Million may not be much depending where he ends up.  Believe it or not but making a crap ton of $$$ in Cincinnati gives you a different type house/life style than LA, FL, NY
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote