Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WRs on the lower depth chart have a chance to impress.
Ive seen enough of Ross to know hes just not a "football player" . Im hoping the FA Stanley Morgan fills in the AJ void somehow while hes out.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 08:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: how many TDs were amassed by the WRs after Green and Dalton went down?
Im talking as a collective group.
off the top of my head.
Ross had 3
Core had a meaningless TD
Erickson 0.
Malone 0

It's not like they were setting the world on fire with Dalton.

Ross had 4 TD's in 11 games with Dalton. And 3 in 5 games with Driskell.

LOL @ calling Core's TD meaningless. He had 1 TD all year and it was when Driskell was the QB so it was meaningless.

Erickson had 0 TD's all year as a receiver.

Malone had 0 TD's all year too.

It's not like these guys were all doing great then terrible after Dalton was hurt. They all are bad NFL wr's at this point. Maybe they'll improve?
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 09:03 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Ive seen enough of Ross to know hes just not a "football player" . Im hoping the FA Stanley Morgan fills in the AJ void somehow while hes out.

He's a fragile athlete that's not a football player that we drafted that high solely based on the combine numbers. He has 0 feel for football and an even lower football IQ. And he can't get by with his speed in the NFL like he did in college.
Reply/Quote
Countdown until we sign Brandon Lafell…
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 09:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's not like they were setting the world on fire with Dalton.

LOL @ calling Core's TD meaningless. He had 1 TD all year and it was when Driskell was the QB so it was meaningless.

It's not like these guys were all doing great then terrible after Dalton was hurt. They all are bad NFL wr's at this point. Maybe they'll improve?
Bad? You act like they all were given a ton of playing time last season. Unproven sure but it's not like these guys played week in and week out.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 09:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's not like they were setting the world on fire with Dalton.

they should improve. new philosophies on offense.
lets be real ZT is taking bits and pieces from a modern day
successful offense and molding it with the strengths
of the current skill players.
this new coaching staff is not stuck is not married to one system
its way more open minded.
theirs a reasin why the Bengals last few OCs are no longer OCs
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 09:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Countdown until we sign Brandon Lafell…

Isn't he a Raider?  Man, I hope so.
Reply/Quote
I understand the optimism of this take, but have guys ever stepped up when AJ was hurt?

Also, if ZT is going to use the WRs right and not bench the young guys like Marvin did, why does AJ even news to be out for the young guys to get their chance to shine and develop?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 08:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: There are no TD is meaningless in the NFL. If you have the lead, you need a bigger one. If you don't have the lead, you need TDs.

It's so interesting how Green, Chad, TJ, Owens, Jones, Sanu and Boyd didn't need a progressive offensive minded HC to have success in the Bengals. Isn't it odd that Ross couldn't get it done? Yes it is!

Hue had a very good year as a coordinator in 2015.  He was pretty imaginative.  It was after Hue left that it went to shit.  I think Marvin pretty much let the OC do his own thing.  Hue and Jay were good, the next two, not so much.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I understand the optimism of this take, but have guys ever stepped up when AJ was hurt?

Also, if ZT is going to use the WRs right and not bench the young guys like Marvin did, why does AJ even news to be out for the young guys to get their chance to shine and develop?
Because Andy has tunnel vision when AJ is on the field or he did last year. That is the only reason I didn't freak when AJ went down it could be a good thing as long as AJ is up to par in the new system when he comes back and he don't miss reg season games. 

What is an issue is John Ross wanting to sit out cause a tight hammy....not pulled he is not injured...just a tight hammy. He needs reps more then anyone on this team I do not see this guy ever amounting to anything great in the NFL. He has the skill-set but does not have the mind-set to excel and become a great WR most likely will never be a good WR.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:46 PM)McC Wrote: Hue had a very good year as a coordinator in 2015.  He was pretty imaginative.  It was after Hue left that it went to shit.  I think Marvin pretty much let the OC do his own thing.  Hue and Jay were good, the next two, not so much.

I recall people complaining that Hue and his offense were too cute.  Good thing Zampese and Lazor brought back that meat n potaters offense we loved so much. 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:48 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Because Andy has tunnel vision when AJ is on the field or he did last year. That is the only reason I didn't freak when AJ went down it could be a good thing as long as AJ is up to par in the new system when he comes back and he don't miss reg season games. 

What is an issue is John Ross wanting to sit out cause a tight hammy....not pulled he is not injured...just a tight hammy. He needs reps more then anyone on this team I do not see this guy ever amounting to anything great in the NFL. He has the skill-set but does not have the mind-set to excel and become a great WR most likely will never be a good WR.

It would make me feel a lot better if a coach would say--he wanted to be out there but we held him out.  

What I wanted to hear was for the first day was John Ross was blowing by everybody and catching everything.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:48 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Because Andy has tunnel vision when AJ is on the field or he did last year. That is the only reason I didn't freak when AJ went down it could be a good thing as long as AJ is up to par in the new system when he comes back and he don't miss reg season games. 

AJ being out hasn't been a good thing in any way in the past 8 years.  Has it?  Maybe I missed something but this isn't the first time AJ has missed time and I don't recall which bench WRs stepped up before. 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 08:55 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Ross had 7 TDs last season in essentially his rookie season it's not like the guy didn't do anything positive.

There's no such thing as essentially his rookie season. His rookie season was in '17. Players only get one. The first one.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It looks like Morgan is going to steal the show!At least I hope so.This kid has exceptional talent.I wouldn’t write this team off just yet.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2019, 12:09 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: It looks like Morgan is going to steal the show!At least I hope so.This kid has exceptional talent.I wouldn’t write this team off just yet.

It could happen, but it wouldn't be a Bengals board off season without a late pick or undrafted FA WR being hyped.
Reply/Quote
If Ross can't give them something in this scenario, then the bust label is official. Hopefully Taylor can do what he was brought in for and get something out of a receiver group that hasn't shown much past Green and Boyd.

Erickson isn't a star, but I think he's the most likely guy to come in and produce in AJ's absence. He looked solid when pressed into action last year.

I'm probably more concerned with Ross's health than I am with his play. He seems extremely frail. Every time he made a nice play last year, he seemed to go out with some little bump or bruise. I'm not sure he's built to last, even if he doesn't have what it takes to beat NFL corners and grasp them mental game. I expect nothing from him at this point. Any production is house money as far as I'm concerned.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: AJ being out hasn't been a good thing in any way in the past 8 years.  Has it?  Maybe I missed something but this isn't the first time AJ has missed time and I don't recall which bench WRs stepped up before. 
How can you step up as a WR when your head coach wont let you play hard against his beloved D. Players said this not me its not my opinion. Even if a played decent in practice who says he plays on sunday? 

New coach new hope that he will get the offense going in the right direction. Everyone needs reps in a new system but AJ will get all the reps he needs when he gets back on the field. So the extra reps for the younger guys might help the coaches pick the last few spots on the team at WR.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2019, 05:07 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: How can you step up as a WR when your head coach wont let you play hard against his beloved D. Players said this not me its not my opinion. Even if a played decent in practice who says he plays on sunday? 

New coach new hope that he will get the offense going in the right direction. Everyone needs reps in a new system but AJ will get all the reps he needs when he gets back on the field. So the extra reps for the younger guys might help the coaches pick the last few spots on the team at WR.

So we are right back to the notion that like Marvin, ZT refuses to let all these glorious young WRs have a chance to practice. 

Oh and Cody Core is running with the 1s now, so I fully expect a message board meltdown over that.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: AJ being out hasn't been a good thing in any way in the past 8 years.  Has it?  Maybe I missed something but this isn't the first time AJ has missed time and I don't recall which bench WRs stepped up before. 

2014.....but then again, we had good blocking and good play calling.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote