Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF Rodney Anderson
This is so bungle like! Why are we taking another running back in the 6th round especially one that has missed 36 college games? Dude played like 5 games in college, why not just donate the pick to charity? What a damn joke
Reply/Quote
This has the potential to be a horrible draft. I see little production from this draft in year one, please let me be so very wrong!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:56 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: This is so bungle like! Why are we taking another running back in the 6th round especially one that has missed 36 college games? Dude played like 5 games in college, why not just donate the pick to charity? What a damn joke

It actually kind of makes sense. Giovani Bernard is a FA after this season and there are no guarantees he'll be back. If Anderson sits a season on the PS, learns the playbook, he'll be way ahead of any third or fourth round RB in 2020.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Child please, this was a good pick. This is the round where you draft players that have low risk high reward, which is exactly what Rodney Anderson is.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:56 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: This is so bungle like! Why are we taking another running back in the 6th round especially one that has missed 36 college games? Dude played like 5 games in college, why not just donate the pick to charity? What a damn joke

You're complaining about a bottom of the 6th round draft pick...how over-reactionary.

And he scored 21 TD's in "like 5 games"? I'd say that's pretty damn incredible, actually.

While I'm not a fan of taking injury plagued guys, Frank Gore was as injury plagued as one could possibly be when he came out and it's fair to say he worked out fine. Tyler EIfert didn't have an injury history when he was drafted, and he gets hurt if you just exhale in his direction nowadays. Past injuries are not, usually, an indicator of future injuries. They tend to be random. If he can stay healthy, which is a big if, he could be a solid back. If he can't, or doesn't impress, it's a bottom of 6 comp pick that would more than likely of been on the practice squad anyway.

Try not being so wildly negative all the time. Oh, he was hurt, well...guess what? That means he didn't get over-used in college and has that much more tread on his tires. Seriously, you can't win with some people. 

Munoz had concerns because he had a serious knee injury in college, back when those could be career-enders, not 9-12 months on the shelf...and he turned out just fine. 
Reply/Quote
With so many draft picks you can throw a flyer at a couple guys at this stage. Worst case scenario you cut him and nothing of value was lost. It’s virtually the end of the draft, take a gamble.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:06 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: It actually kind of makes sense. Giovani Bernard is a FA after this season and there are no guarantees he'll be back. If Anderson sits a season on the PS, learns the playbook, he'll be way ahead of any third or fourth round RB in 2020.

Which is why we took the kid from a&m. The guy has played like 6 games his whole career and he can’t stay healthy in college. It doesn’t get easier.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:09 PM)Ravage Wrote: You're complaining about a bottom of the 6th round draft pick...how over-reactionary.

And he scored 21 TD's in "like 5 games"? I'd say that's pretty damn incredible, actually.

While I'm not a fan of taking injury plagued guys, Frank Gore was as injury plagued as one could possibly be when he came out and it's fair to say he worked out fine. Tyler EIfert didn't have an injury history when he was drafted, and he gets hurt if you just exhale in his direction nowadays. Past injuries are not, usually, an indicator of future injuries. They tend to be random. If he can stay healthy, which is a big if, he could be a solid back. If he can't, or doesn't impress, it's a bottom of 6 comp pick that would more than likely of been on the practice squad anyway.

Try not being so wildly negative all the time. Oh, he was hurt, well...guess what? That means he didn't get over-used in college and has that much more tread on his tires. Seriously, you can't win with some people. 

Munoz had concerns because he had a serious knee injury in college, back when those could be career-enders, not 9-12 months on the shelf...and he turned out just fine. 
Unfortunately we don’t have the luxury to take flyers on guys right now. We are turning into the browns of the last 4 years. If he turns out to be good that’s great problem is we have mixon who’s not going anywhere, gio, who could become expendable but if Williams from a&m works out then we have no place except the practice field. They might want to consider a full body cast for this kid to wear everywhere he goes. Missing 36 games in college is not a good sign.
Reply/Quote
I would assume the Bengals did their homework on this guys medical concerns. He is a big back that can run. I think of rounds 6-7 like UDFA anyhow. It doesn't mean Anderson makes the 53 man roster. Maybe PS candidate if he stays healthy.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The OP cannot be serious.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would assume the Bengals did their homework on this guys medical concerns. He is a big back that can run. I think of rounds 6-7 like UDFA anyhow. It doesn't mean Anderson makes the 53 man roster. Maybe PS candidate if he stays healthy.

Fair enough, I just don’t like the running back aspect of it. The guy seems to be fragile which scares me. I have more faith in an udfa I think than in Anderson, I’m not trying to pick on him just saying besides the qb running back touched the ball the most.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:24 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Fair enough, I just don’t like the running back aspect of it. The guy seems to be fragile which scares me. I have more faith in an udfa I think than in Anderson, I’m not trying to pick on him just saying besides the qb running back touched the ball the most.

He may be the RB version of Tyler Eifert.  But hell, at 6th round, he may be worth the risk.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Every single year everyone loves the draft and whoever voices disliking it get criticized. I don’t see one potential difference maker in the lot, please tell me who that is? There are 3-4 guys that could become decent players, there doesn’t seem to be much playing time added to next year with this group. Be honest, can you really say that it’s been a positive offseason when you also factor in Free Agency? Sure, it was nice to finally move on from Marvin but what else is there to be positive about? It’s a new group of guys, great. Every other team also got draft picks and they actually used Free Agency. I want to be wrong but don’t we see the same show every year? Sign Brown now or give us something different that will actually give us hope. Every year, the fans act like the Bengals were the only team that added draft picks. It’s a prayer that you hope for a big group of these guys to be better than predicted. I hope it works out but until proven differently, what’s there honestly anything to be optimistic about????
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:30 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Every single year everyone loves the draft and whoever voices disliking it get criticized. I don’t see one potential difference maker in the lot, please tell me who that is? There are 3-4 guys that could become decent players, there doesn’t seem to be much playing time added to next year with this group. Be honest, can you really say that it’s been a positive offseason when you also factor in Free Agency? Sure, it was nice to finally move on from Marvin but what else is there to be positive about? It’s a new group of guys, great. Every other team also got draft picks and they actually used Free Agency. I want to be wrong but don’t we see the same show every year? Sign Brown now or give us something different that will actually give us hope. Every year, the fans act like the Bengals were the only team that added draft picks. It’s a prayer that you hope for a big group of these guys to be better than predicted. I hope it works out but until proven differently, what’s there honestly anything to be optimistic about????

Said the same thing in another thread. We don’t have a mysterious could be a stud late round steal, that’s intriguing. I don’t see a geno, Lawson, Billings, or anybody that could turn out to be a steal. They draft grades they are giving some of our guys are a joke.
Reply/Quote
If you watched Oklahoma and Baker Mayfield in 2017 you were quickly Wowed by Rodney Anderson.

https://youtu.be/oSFMqAjMf_g
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:30 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote:  I don’t see one potential difference maker in the lot, please tell me who that is? 

I mean Williams and Pratt both probably start from the get go, both upgrading two areas of weakness we've had for years. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:35 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Said the same thing in another thread. We don’t have a mysterious could be a stud late round steal, that’s intriguing. I don’t see a geno, Lawson, Billings, or anybody that could turn out to be a steal. They draft grades they are giving some of our guys are a joke.

Thanks for not ripping my head off. I want be be positive and there may be 2-3 guys in there that turn out ok but don’t you also have to weigh that against what other teams have added to try to improve too? I’m sick of punting Free Agency.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:30 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote:  I don’t see one potential difference maker in the lot, 

Probably ought to get in asap for an eye exam....
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:36 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I mean Williams and Pratt both probably start from the get go, both upgrading two areas of weakness we've had for years. 

Pratt will probably have to start if he’s ready or not because that position is still paper thin. Williams will hopefully earn a starting position this year. There’s sometimes a hard transition to an NFL Oline, look at the recent drafts. Look at how our rookie center did last year. If you refuse to use free agency then you better knock the draft out of the park every year or you’re just running in place. I’m not a know it all and I could be way off, I just don’t see it and I’m not optimistic just because of the new faces. If they show it on the field, I’ll buy in. I hope that I’m way, way off. I just don’t see a homerun draft and that’s what the Bengals need.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:17 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Unfortunately we don’t have the luxury to take flyers on guys right now. We are turning into the browns of the last 4 years. If he turns out to be good that’s great problem is we have mixon who’s not going anywhere, gio, who could become expendable but if Williams from a&m works out then we have no place except the practice field. They might want to consider a full body cast for this kid to wear everywhere he goes. Missing 36 games in college is not a good sign.

If you think drafting guys at the bottom of 6 are anything BUT fliers, you're kidding yourself. No one, I repeat, NO ONE sits there and drafts a kid in the 6th round expecting them to come in and start day 1. And if they do expect that? Then they're in for a really harsh reality check. If you hit a home-run on someone like Brady, Antonio Brown, etc. that's a BONUS. These picks are usually long-term project picks, or special teams/camp bodies/practice squad guys, or maybe a K/P/LS that'd be the only exception to the 'not expected to start day 1' thing. The Bengals ended up with 10 picks in this draft, and if you think all 10 of them are going to be on the 53 come September then you're likely in for a major disappointment. 

And the Browns of the last 4 years? Seriously? What team have you been watching? 

Also, I find it absolutely fascinating that you have no issue with the tiny 5'8 HB they drafted, who makes Kyler Murray (of all people) look like a giant. He just as easily could have durability concerns in the NFL due to his diminutive size, but you're not complaining about him at all. But you are upset at a kid who broke a leg (can't be helped), had a fractured vertebra (can't be helped), then had his one productive season in college following that (the most serious of his injuries), and then blew out a knee early last year (also can't be helped). If he missed all those games due to nagging pulled hamstrings or something that can just as easily be chalked up to bad conditioning...then you're on to something. However that isn't the case. On top of that none of the injuries have been to the same body part, and it's unlikely they'd of drafted him if their training/medical staffs didn't sign off on his chances for a full recovery. If they'd of taken him in rounds 1-4, that's one thing, and I'd likely agree with you that it's a hefty risk. But at the bottom of 6? Please! This is taking two swings at getting a backup to Mixon/Gio, and if one pans out great, if both pan out, FANTASTIC. But this far down in the draft (even in round 5) it's a crap-shoot and the more swings you take at a position, the more likely you are to hit one out of the park.
Reply/Quote