Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF Rodney Anderson
(04-27-2019, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The OP cannot be serious.

The only option.

Love this pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:06 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: It actually kind of makes sense. Giovani Bernard is a FA after this season and there are no guarantees he'll be back. If Anderson sits a season on the PS, learns the playbook, he'll be way ahead of any third or fourth round RB in 2020.

Anderson’s likely to get a season-ending injury reading the playbook. Dude makes Eifert look like Cal Ripken. Would be easily the worst pick if this draft if it wasn’t a 6th rounder. Upright runner with no wiggle who is always hurt. Not a recipe for success.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
It's a good pick. If the guy is healthy (and admittedly it's a big if), he's a legitimate starter. Well worth the 6th round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Haha...there's a group of 3-4 people on this board that respond to every negative post with a negative post. I think it makes them feel better. It's great irony!

And I think there are some that only come here to make negative comments and are disappointed if anything positive happens.
Reply/Quote
It's quite obvious to anyone who is watching this show, that Taylor intends to run the ball a lot. Given that RB's are going to get injured, I think we carry at least 4 on the roster (or at least 3 with one on the PS). Mixon and Bernard will be getting used heavily, if one of them blows a knee or pulls a groin, we need quality backups to step in and carry some of the load.
Reply/Quote
I get to see the Sooners more than I want to. Anderson, if he would've stayed healthy would've been the first RB off the board hands down. Imo, it would've been him being pumped up by the pundits and every other RB would've been a non-mention. The combo of his skillsets are better than the other RBs who were in this draft. The 6th round is a great spot to take a chance on a guy with that much talent. He could potentially heal and become 100% and end up being a very good player. If not, you only lost one of your 6th round picks for him.
Reply/Quote
This was a good pick. 6th round picks very rarely make the team and this guy is good when healthy. The concern is the ACL tear and how well did this heal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:56 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: This is so bungle like! Why are we taking another running back in the 6th round especially one that has missed 36 college games? Dude played like 5 games in college, why not just donate the pick to charity? What a damn joke

To start with I feel you should be permanently banned from these boards if you use the term bungles.

Now to the point. When Anderson was healthy (with over 200 carries) he averaged 6.4 yards per carry. If not for the injuries you are potentially talking about a 1st round back. He may never have another injury the rest of his career. You just don't know so at that point in the draft you can gamble some.

What is a joke is those sitting on a couch at home thinking they know more than a NFL coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 08:39 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: And I think there are some that only come here to make negative comments and are disappointed if anything positive happens.

There is no doubt about it!
Reply/Quote
Jermaine Gresham was often injured in college while Tyler Eifert was an ironman.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:39 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I agree with everything that you said. I only used the word potential for if some reason Williams is a bust. I see him being a solid starter by years end.

If Jonah is the Williams you're talking about, try starter from day one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Why would you not draft someone with high upside in the 6th round? we have two legit RB's on the team and one of them is injury prone. Mixon also has history with Anderson and if he can turn around those health concerns you basically get a top 50 running back with a 6th round comp pick.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 11:15 AM)McC Wrote: If Jonah is the Williams you're talking about, try starter from day one.

He's referring to Traevyon Williams, the RB we took from Texas A&M.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:56 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: This is so bungle like! Why are we taking another running back in the 6th round especially one that has missed 36 college games? Dude played like 5 games in college, why not just donate the pick to charity? What a damn joke

Hehe
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:06 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: It actually kind of makes sense. Giovani Bernard is a FA after this season and there are no guarantees he'll be back. If Anderson sits a season on the PS, learns the playbook, he'll be way ahead of any third or fourth round RB in 2020.

Why not get someone that doesn't sit a season, doesnt need a year to learn the playbook, and battles it out during the summer. The RB is not one of the hardest positions to learn in the NFL.   Taking chances is great, but i'd rather take someone who has better chances by not being injured. This is a replica of the ROSS experiment, minus the high draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 11:20 AM)Okeana Wrote: Why would you not draft someone with high upside in the 6th round?  we have two legit RB's on the team and one of them is injury prone.  Mixon also has history with Anderson and if he can turn around those health concerns you basically get a top 50 running back with a 6th round comp pick.

Because the draft will be here next season and we can take a RB who is healthy and uninjured. If it was a #1 prospect, then I can understand this. A 6th rounder, I'll wait next year. I would get a position we did not draft instead or one that is clearly underachieving.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:18 PM)Beaker Wrote:

Kid is a stud when healthy.

like Eifert... like Bufict....   if only they could stay healthy ... and possibly like Willliams????? into the mix?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 11:24 AM)Beaker Wrote: He's referring to Traevyon Williams, the RB we took from Texas A&M.

Who knows, can Jonah run? Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 11:34 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Why not get someone that doesn't sit a season, doesnt need a year to learn the playbook, and battles it out during the summer. The RB is not one of the hardest positions to learn in the NFL.   Taking chances is great, but i'd rather take someone who has better chances by not being injured. This is a replica of the ROSS experiment, minus the high draft.

It is the SIXTH ROUND.  This is where you look for kickers, punters, ST players and maybe try to catch lightning in a bottle.  He won't be asked to play this year, being the 4th RB,so it's no big deal if he needs a year, which is just an assumption on your part anyway.  Gio could be gone at the end of this year.  It's what is known as planning head and spending very little in the process.  And he is a helluva player when healthy.  If he never reaches his potential, oh well.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 11:20 AM)Okeana Wrote: Why would you not draft someone with high upside in the 6th round?  we have two legit RB's on the team and one of them is injury prone.  Mixon also has history with Anderson and if he can turn around those health concerns you basically get a top 50 running back with a 6th round comp pick.

Some people just don't seem to comprehend what the 6th round is all about, despite how simple the concept is.

Reply/Quote