Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTH Fruit Loops!
I bought a box of Fruit Loops for the first time in nearly a decade and I go to eat them and something's wrong...

I go to examine my Fruit Loops only to find there is no sugary white coating of goodness around my loops! Either I got a faulty box or they've ruined Fruit Loops because these are bland as hell. They ended up changing Corn Pops too and they suck now.

News flash! Some of us eat unhealthy food knowing it's unhealthy but don't care because we enjoy the finer things in life.

Great now I spilt milk on my crotch cause I was trying to type my rant and eat this crappy cereal at the same time. Thanks Kelloggs! Mad
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 06:10 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I bought a box of Fruit Loops for the first time in nearly a decade and I go to eat them and something's wrong...

I go to examine my Fruit Loops only to find there is no sugary white coating of goodness around my loops! Either I got a faulty box or they've ruined Fruit Loops because these are bland as hell. They ended up changing Corn Pops too and they suck now.

News flash! Some of us eat unhealthy food knowing it's unhealthy but don't care because we enjoy the finer things in life.  

Great now I spilt milk on my crotch cause I was trying to type my rant and eat this crappy cereal at the same time. Thanks Kelloggs! Mad

I don't think there's any fruit in that stuff, and if I remember correctly they're spelled Froot, not fruit  Wink
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 06:10 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Great now I spilt milk on my crotch 

Well, you know the old saying....."No need crying over a wet crotch."

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 06:10 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I bought a box of Fruit Loops for the first time in nearly a decade and I go to eat them and something's wrong...

ill take real sugar on my ceral anyday.

those bastards

Cinnimon toast cruch is still pretty tastey.
Reply/Quote
A few years back Kellogg's and General Mills took a lot of the sugar out of their cereals. On the bright side, you can east twice as much and still only be as unhealthy.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Just look for a knockoff brand.

I'm sure someone is still making sugar coated stuff.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

time to switch to fruity pebbles.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 09:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Just look for a knockoff brand.

I'm sure someone is still making sugar coated stuff.

Now that you mention it I used to go to a friends house back in high school who had a Lucky Charms knock off called Magic Stars and we both swore they were better. Probably time to the generic brand a try.

(01-25-2016, 05:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ill take real sugar on my ceral anyday.

those bastards

Cinnimon toast cruch is still pretty tastey.

(01-27-2016, 06:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: time to switch to fruity pebbles.

Rock On

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is good. I like both Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles but Cocoa gets the slight edge cause of the chocolate milk it makes.

To me you gotta judge the way the milk tastes from the cereal too.
Reply/Quote
I miss cereal. It has been so long since I've had a bowl of cereal I can't even remember the last time.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 05:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Cinnimon toast cruch is still pretty tastey.

(01-28-2016, 12:00 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Cinnamon Toast Crunch is good.

My girls and I are all big fans of the CT Crunch.  I have a little ice cream maker I use a lot, and we tried to make CT Crunch ice cream.  It did not work out well.  The cereal did not stay crunchy, and when it froze after getting soggy it was just tough and chewy.
Reply/Quote
You could just pour yourself a bowl of sugar instead.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 12:00 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Now that you mention it I used to go to a friends house back in high school who had a Lucky Charms knock off called Magic Stars and we both swore they were better. Probably time to the generic brand a try.

Rock On

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is good. I like both Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles but Cocoa gets the slight edge cause of the chocolate milk it makes.

To me you gotta judge the way the milk tastes from the cereal too.

oh im with you... I like the strawberryish milk from fruity pebbles... when Frankenberries cannot be found.

I liked the Cocoa Pebbles but im supposed to avoid eating chocolate now.
Reply/Quote
They came back out with Frankenberry and Booberry, and they weren't the same to me, but sticking my nose in the box and inhaling took me back.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 04:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They came back out with Frankenberry and Booberry, and they weren't the same to me, but sticking my nose in the box and inhaling took me back.

I have not seen BooBerry's in YEARS!  Where did you find them at?  Hy-Vee? Fareway?  Hy-Vee's and Fareways around here do not have them yet. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 04:59 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I have not seen BooBerry's in YEARS!  Where did you find them at?  Hy-Vee? Fareway?  Hy-Vee's and Fareways around here do not have them yet. 

It was at Kroger maybe a year ago.  There was  some sort of silly slogan about how they are back, but it felt like it was for a limited time.  I'll have to check if they are still around.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Remember the raging argumenst over "Quisp or Quake?"

They were the exact same stuuf just in different shapes.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 04:59 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I have not seen BooBerry's in YEARS!  Where did you find them at?  Hy-Vee? Fareway?  Hy-Vee's and Fareways around here do not have them yet. 

(03-22-2016, 05:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It was at Kroger maybe a year ago.  There was  some sort of silly slogan about how they are back, but it felt like it was for a limited time.  I'll have to check if they are still around.  

General Mills did a special re-release of the cereals last fall and in time for Halloween. Here's a story about it. Perhaps they'll do it again this year. Always loved me some Boo-Berry.

http://blog.generalmills.com/2015/08/the-monsters-are-alive/
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Thanks Obama, of the Michelle variety.
Reply/Quote
Hey I know a guy who works for General Mills. His son and my son played baseball together for a few years and they still hang out from time to time. Anyway, he gets 2 boxes of cereal every day he works. My kid comes home with boxes of cereal anytime he goes over there. I'll have to see if there is any of the Booberry or Frankenberry.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 11:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Hey I know a guy who works for General Mills.  His son and my son played baseball together for a few years and they still hang out from time to time. Anyway, he gets 2 boxes of cereal every day he works.  My kid comes home with boxes of cereal anytime he goes over there.  I'll have to see if there is any of the Booberry or Frankenberry.

Oooooh

"The Boo Berry Connection."

Just don't agree with any Sean Penn interviews when you get famous from pushing it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote