Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
WTH was Orlando Brown Jr doing on this play?
Watch #75 just stand around like he's bored.  Then he turns and lets a Seattle defender RUN RIGHT PAST HIM!
Holy shit, BLOCK SOMEBODY!  (Copy and paste link into browser if video doesn't play)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOWBiMkQ6g4#t=2m38s

Reply/Quote
Your link doesn’t work but Orlando was fantastic before going out yesterday. No idea what play you’re talking about, but even if he had one bad rep it was still probably his best game as a Bengal so far. So of all people on offense we hardly needed a thread bashing him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 06:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Your link doesn’t work but Orlando was fantastic before going out yesterday. No idea what play you’re talking about, but even if he had one bad rep it was still probably his best game as a Bengal so far. So of all people on offense we hardly needed a thread bashing him.

Right the person who we should be bashing is volston, I've seen enough from this guy he's a turnstile plain and simple..I would go back to Carmen at least he has more upside, with volston we're getting shitty play and zero upside..
Reply/Quote
Here is the correct link with the video.  The play happens at 2:38.  You will need to watch it on youtube as the NFL doesnt like you linking their videos on message boards.  

In any event, it looks like Brown helps out Volson then is waiting for a possible delayed blitz or someone else to come to the left side.  I dont see anything wrong.  How many times have we seen a lineman helping out another lineman only to miss a stunt coming their way and not picking it up?

https://youtu.be/nOWBiMkQ6g4?t=158
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:33 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Here is the correct link with the video. The play happens at 2:38. You will need to watch it on youtube as the NFL doesnt like you linking their videos on message boards.  

In any event, it looks like Brown helps out Volson then is waiting for a possible delayed blitz or someone else to come to the left side.  I dont see anything wrong.  How many times have we seen a lineman helping out another lineman only to miss a stunt coming their way and not picking it up?

I don’t see the link but you are exactly right. The Bengals were killed multiple times because a guy didn’t protect his gap and delayed blitzers and stunts came right through.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t see the link but you are exactly right. The Bengals were  killed multiple times because a guy didn’t protect his gap and delayed blitzers and stunts came right through.

I changed the link so you can click it and go to youtube at the 2:38 time where the play happens.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:41 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I changed the link so you can click it and go to youtube at the 2:38 time where the play happens.

Sorry I should have said I didn’t try to see the video. Your description and explanation was plenty.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:33 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Here is the correct link with the video.  The play happens at 2:38.  You will need to watch it on youtube as the NFL doesnt like you linking their videos on message boards.  

https://youtu.be/nOWBiMkQ6g4?t=158

I was expecting to see some complete wiff and Burrow sack or pressure. Dude is whining about a TD play where Burrow had like 6 seconds to throw the ball because the line held up so well. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:56 PM)TheFan Wrote: I was expecting to see some complete wiff and Burrow sack or pressure. Dude is whining about a TD play where Burrow had like 6 seconds to throw the ball because the line held up so well. 

I swear, this has to be the unhappiest I’ve ever seen people after a win. Pretty much every other thread on the 1st page right now is negative.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:25 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Right the person who we should be bashing is volston, I've seen enough from this guy he's a turnstile plain and simple..I would go back to Carmen at least he has more upside, with volston we're getting shitty play and zero upside..

Volson actually had a very high pass block grade this game. 

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 09:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Volson actually had a very high pass block grade this game. 

Volston got put on his ass twice for 2 sacks allowed.. I don't know what game pff watched, but he was so bad the announcers thought he got benched when ford came in..
Reply/Quote
Maybe he was hurt at this point?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 11:10 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Maybe he was hurt at this point?

That's what I was wondering. I think this is the play I was thinking of in the other thread, only Brown didn't give up a sack on it. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:26 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Volston got put on his ass twice for 2 sacks allowed.. I don't know what game pff watched, but he was so bad the announcers thought he got benched when ford came in..

He hasnt been great in run blocking either. 

Goodberry reveals a very embarrassing play on Twitter.  You may have to be a subscriber to see it.

This is the direct link: pic.twitter.com/yQ3YCITBn9

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 09:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I swear, this has to be the unhappiest I’ve ever seen people after a win. Pretty much every other thread on the 1st page right now is negative.

No kidding. However, I bet if we go back to 10/17/2022… it would have a similar vibe after being 3-3 coming off a hard fought win to get back to .500.

It’s not enough to win games anymore… it’s the NFL and the bengals just beat a Top 5 team in the NFC. The bengals have also been horrible for various reasons. Most teams would have cratered, like the broncos. This team has shown resiliency and kept itself in a position… and it hasn’t looked good most of the time.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:56 PM)TheFan Wrote: I was expecting to see some complete wiff and Burrow sack or pressure. Dude is whining about a TD play where Burrow had like 6 seconds to throw the ball because the line held up so well. 

Me too. I was expecting the Jonah play even tho he said Brown.
Reply/Quote