Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WV fans...
Hobson has a new article about David Long, I haven't watched WV football for awhile, but the article says he can run, cover and hit. The draw back is he's 5-11 and 230 lbs. Any ideas?
Reply/Quote
I'd actually put his comp as a little bit smaller Jordan Evans to be honest. Not going to shed blocks great, can run but get's lost in coverage, can hit when he gets guys in his sights.

If we are going undersized go for Hanks from NM.
Reply/Quote
It one of two things, I think. Either he’s preparing us for the Bengals not taking an LB until the mid rounds or it’s smoke screen to look like that, hoping White makes it to 11.

https://www.bengals.com/news/the-long-and-short-of-it-as-backer-search-begins
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 01:58 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: It one of two things, I think. Either he’s preparing us for the Bengals not taking an LB until the mid rounds or it’s smoke screen to look like that, hoping White makes it to 11.

https://www.bengals.com/news/the-long-and-short-of-it-as-backer-search-begins

I had actually thought of that. If White is there, somebody unplug the phone line and sprint to the podium for White because I fear it will be a mid round pick that we end up getting LB. 
Reply/Quote
David Long III is like the poor man's Devin Bush. Size isn't there but uses awareness and athleticism to shoot gaps and be in good position against the run, but unlike Bush Long wasnt used in coverage often.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 01:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'd actually put his comp as a little bit smaller Jordan Evans to be honest. Not going to shed blocks great, can run but get's lost in coverage, can hit when he gets guys in his sights.

If we are going undersized go for Hanks from NM.

Terrill Hanks is drawing some buzz he 6'2 is fast and has those 35 inch arms. He still needs to learn alot about how to play linebacker being a converted Safety that length is what you are looking for though.

I still like Germaine Pratt from what I've seen he's Physical, moves through traffic, and most importantly never loses sight of the ball even with linemen in his face.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Gee, Hobson should be our primary scout, eh? I can't wait for his annual fluffer about some WR who can't run routes, can't catch footballs and slower than a tricycle going uphill on gravel ridden by our grandma's. You know it's coming.  Sad
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote