Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wacky Burrow stats '21 v. '20
One of these things is not like the others. 

CATEGORY...2020....2021
Comp%..........22nd.....1st
TD%..............28th.....3rd
Yd/att............25th......1st
Int%............. 3rd......24th

Hmm

Betting that we will never see that high of an interception percentage from Burrow again.  It was the only thing that kept him from being the highest ranked QB in the league last year.
Reply/Quote
I think you are right. Just going off memory, but the interceptions decreased a lot as the second half of the season progressed
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:34 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I think you are right.  Just going off memory, but the interceptions decreased a lot as the second half of the season progressed

Correct. Before the bye week, Burrow had an interception percentage of 3.8%. League average was 2.4%. After the bye week, Burrow had an interception percentage of 1.2%. Rating of 104.1 before, and 111.41 after. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:34 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I think you are right.  Just going off memory, but the interceptions decreased a lot as the second half of the season progressed

Yeah, and this is after he talked about making a conscience effort to limit the interceptions. 

I think there's a big difference between having the actual ability to limit the interceptions and just talking about it...which clearly Joe can do.  
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I think he had 16:2 TD:INT ratio in his last 8 games. So significant decrease.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 10:08 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think there's a big difference between having the actual ability to limit the interceptions and just talking about it...which clearly Joe can do.  

This.

If Burrow was not able to read coverage his int% as a rookie would have been much higher.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: One of these things is not like the others. 

CATEGORY...2020....2021

Hmm

Betting that we will never see that high of an interception percentage from Burrow again.  It was the only thing that kept him from being the highest ranked QB in the league last year.

I am not sure where this information is provided, but I heard on a radio show last week that the #1 (highest being worst) QB in terms of "turnover worthy plays" was....

Josh Allen!   I was a little shocked to see that, and Burrow was way down on the list.

Not sure what all goes in to that, but you get the point. 

And it was INT % because he had that one game with 3 INTs in a row against Chicago.  
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: One of these things is not like the others. 

CATEGORY...2020....2021

Hmm

This huge difference can also be seen in his final two years in college.

2018 - 57.8% completion, 7.6 YPA, 16:5 TD:INT ratio, 133.2 rating
2019 - 76.3% completion, 10.8 YPA, 10:1 TD:INT ratio, 202.0 rating
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not sure where this information is provided, but I heard on a radio show last week that the #1 (highest being worst) QB in terms of "turnover worthy plays" was....

Josh Allen! 
 I was a little shocked to see that, and Burrow was way down on the list.

Not sure what all goes in to that, but you get the point. 

And it was INT % because he had that one game with 3 INTs in a row against Chicago.  

In terms of raw numbers, Allen was tied for 4th most with 27.

It went Ben (36), Garoppolo (30), Stafford (29), Heinicke (27) and then Allen (27). In terms of TWP%, he was the lowest of the 4 and he had the 2nd most Big Time Throws of the group (and NFL overall) with 44. Right behind Stafford's 47.  

Burrow had the 6th least amount of TWP with 17 and the 6th most BTT with 39.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Burrow should improve all across the board with his knee now fully recovered, a better offensiveline and no training wheels limiting his passing attempts first half of the season
Reply/Quote
Also, keep in mind that 2021 was Burrow's first full year in NFL and he had to reinvent his footwork mechanics for the left foot as he recovered from knee surgery. He was placing more of his weight on the planting leg which probably change the ball trajectory and release point. Pretty incredible really.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I don't know how good Burrow will be this season. He WILL be better, but how much is the really intriguing question
with time to throw the ball, these weapons and a running game to take pressure off of him. The coaches and the FO
really set him up for success this Offseason.

Crazy how much he improved from a rookie to his sophomore season after a terrible knee injury.

This season he should be healthy and the knee shouldn't even be on his mind.
Reply/Quote
Place part of the INT blame on O-line and other part on Joe just trying to make a play every time at start of season instead of throwing the ball away to live another play.

Yet Joe showed how great he is by seeing the problem, calling himself out on it, and then being able to correct it in 2nd half of season.

We definitely got the right guy to lead the Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 07:04 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Place part of the INT blame on O-line and other part on Joe just trying to make a play every time at start of season instead of throwing the ball away to live another play.

Yet Joe showed how great he is by seeing the problem, calling himself out on it, and then being able to correct it in 2nd half of season.

We definitely got the right guy to lead the Bengals.

No doubt brother, no doubt. Cool
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 05:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Crazy how much he improved from a rookie to his sophomore season after a terrible knee injury.

A lot of NFL fans just say "Of course Burrow improved a lot from his rookie season. All players should."

But they are not taking into account that he was having to rehab from a serious knee injury. He will be even better this year just from having a full if season to work on his skills instead of rehab.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2022, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A lot of NFL fans just say "Of course Burrow improved a lot from his rookie season. All players should."

But they are not taking into account that he was having to rehab from a serious knee injury. He will be even better this year just from having a full if season to work on his skills instead of rehab.

True that Fred. Have a great weekend man. Rock On
Reply/Quote
The first 8 games was a bit of a anomaly we were protecting Burrow by limiting his passing attempts making every throw a high pressure throw.
Reply/Quote
Having 3 guys who can actually catch the ball without trying much is a plus..It's kind of hard to underestimate the impacts of Chase, Higgins and Boyd on Joe's accuracy.. Think about tipped balls or just missed routes and such..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote