Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wade Phillips is available
(01-06-2020, 07:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Beer. That's where the money is at. Plus, if we are rebuilding another year, fans will need a lot of it.

Finding a mouse in your beer is where the money is.

[Image: th?id=OIP.CjeGL6_sIh6PRjcsChvM9QAAAA&pid...=335&h=174]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 10:06 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Finding a mouse in your beer is where the money is.

[Image: th?id=OIP.CjeGL6_sIh6PRjcsChvM9QAAAA&pid...=335&h=174]

What was the name of that show, I forgot? Made me lol when I saw it a few years back.

Canadian beer drinking dudes. Bet Truck loves that show. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 10:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What was the name of that show, I forgot? Made me lol when I saw it a few years back.

Canadian beer drinking dudes. Bet Truck loves that show. Hilarious

Strange Brew
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 10:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Strange Brew

Ah yes, thanks. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I'd take him over Anarumo anyday.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Here's my feelings on the topic. Once Brown was cut, and Dennard got healthy, it seemed like this defense started playing a whole lot better. It's not healthy for teams to keep jumping from coach to coach, they need to build some consistency, allow the players to fully work into what that particular coach has in mind.

If you had asked me when the Bengals were 0-10, sure I would have said Anarumo needs to go. But, having seen him get the same defense to show heart and desire, even in a shit year? I think he needs to at least be given a second chance at success.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 12:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's my feelings on the topic.  Once Brown was cut, and Dennard got healthy, it seemed like this defense started playing a whole lot better.  It's not healthy for teams to keep jumping from coach to coach, they need to build some consistency, allow the players to fully work into what that particular coach has in mind.

If you had asked me when the Bengals were 0-10, sure I would have said Anarumo needs to go.  But, having seen him get the same defense to show heart and desire, even in a shit year?  I think he needs to at least be given a second chance at success.

At least the Defense or team as a whole didn't give up and play lackluster under these coaches like last season.
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer Kris Richard but I am okay staying the course for another year. Bad personnel is bad personnel but with bad personnel we saw late season improvement.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 03:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'd prefer Kris Richard but I am okay staying the course for another year. Bad personnel is bad personnel but with bad personnel we saw late season improvement.

Is Richard even going to be available, not gonna happen just wondering?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 04:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is Richard even going to be available, not gonna happen just wondering?

Yes, he was among those who were on expiring contracts who could start looking even before Garrett was relieved of his duties. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 04:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yes, he was among those who were on expiring contracts who could start looking even before Garrett was relieved of his duties. 

That would be the best pick up to get for sure. Wanted Richard last season as the DC and maybe even HC...

Edit, cannot believe I said OC, meant DC lol
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 06:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Wade Phillips runs a very similar defense to what we seen from Lou Anarumo to finish the year. Phillips mixes up his odd and even fronts (34 & 43 alignments) he prefers 2 linebackers with either regular or heavy nickels (3 safeties).

So the whole 34 43 arguement shouldn't be an issue.

well doesnt look like we are moving on from any coaches... But cant hurt to have a Defensive consultant for Lou for a few years.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 05:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Except Phillips worked with Taylor in LA, so Phillips has that familiarity with him.
This is something that makes sense and would be great if it happened.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I'd take Phillips over our HC even. I'm just saying the Bengals Brain Trust doesn't think they need anybody else or anybody better.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 12:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's my feelings on the topic.  Once Brown was cut, and Dennard got healthy, it seemed like this defense started playing a whole lot better.  It's not healthy for teams to keep jumping from coach to coach, they need to build some consistency, allow the players to fully work into what that particular coach has in mind.

If you had asked me when the Bengals were 0-10, sure I would have said Anarumo needs to go.  But, having seen him get the same defense to show heart and desire, even in a shit year?  I think he needs to at least be given a second chance at success.

I'd say the same if not for (a) we're talking about Wade Phillips and (b) lack of experience seemed like a glaring weakness with this staff.

We jumped coordinators a lot when we were successful. All successful teams do. So I don't view it as unhealthy, assuming you're getting a good coach, and I think we can all agree that Phillips would be an upgrade. Probably a massive one.

These boards pined for Zimmer for years after he left, then we thumb our nose at a guy with a better resume than Zim? I say you roll the dice on that kind of coach any time you can.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 10:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd say the same if not for (a) we're talking about Wade Phillips and (b) lack of experience seemed like a glaring weakness with this staff.

We jumped coordinators a lot when we were successful. All successful teams do. So I don't view it as unhealthy, assuming you're getting a good coach, and I think we can all agree that Phillips would be an upgrade. Probably a massive one.

These boards pined for Zimmer for years after he left, then we thumb our nose at a guy with a better resume than Zim? I say you roll the dice on that kind of coach any time you can.

Exactly. If you can get Wade Phillips on staff you do it regardless of how the defense performed for a few games at the end of a lost season.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 10:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Strange Brew

My idol!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 10:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd say the same if not for (a) we're talking about Wade Phillips and (b) lack of experience seemed like a glaring weakness with this staff.

From a typical Bengal fan's point of view;  Is it really "thumbing the nose", or is it just tempering expectation to meet the reality of what Management will actually deliver?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 11:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From a typical Bengal fan's point of view;  Is it really "thumbing the nose", or is it just tempering expectation to meet the reality of what Management will actually deliver?

Eh fair enough. We all know we're not getting him. We rarely if ever bring in a big name coach. Or a big name player, unless they're washed up.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 12:13 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Eh fair enough. We all know we're not getting him. We rarely if ever bring in a big name coach. Or a big name player, unless they're washed up.

But, it certainly was a glorious day when Mike Zimmer came to be the DC.  Everyone KNEW the needle was moving up.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
According to Hobson it doesnt sound like any coordinator changes are coming. So we’ll start next year with sweet Lou and be ranked in the bottom 5 all year and show glimmers of hope against garbage teams and he’ll get a contract extension. No wonder were the laughing stock
Reply/Quote