Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wade Phillips is available
(01-07-2020, 11:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: My idol!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]

Hilarious

(01-08-2020, 12:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But, it certainly was a glorious day when Mike Zimmer came to be the DC.  Everyone KNEW the needle was moving up.

Yeah need another glorious day badly even if we know it is not coming. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 07:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Beer. That's where the money is at. Plus, if we are rebuilding another year, fans will need a lot of it.

Not just BEER. If the petition passes it will also be weed. LOL...
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 05:31 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: Not just BEER. If the petition passes it will also be weed. LOL...

One of those things is not like the other.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
God please come here LOU SUCKS..we need a coach with some expierence.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
“Status quo” per Hobson:

https://www.bengals.com/news/with-return-of-coordinators-bengals-bank-on-consistency
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 09:08 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: “Status quo” per Hobson:

https://www.bengals.com/news/with-return-of-coordinators-bengals-bank-on-consistency

The salary cap funny money writeup is coming next. Watch 60m turn into 13m once he's done with it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Not surprising
Reply/Quote

Shocker. I wonder how many other teams would keep everything together after a 2-14 season and preach "consistency" at the fan base? We treat 2-14 the same way other teams treat 14-2.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 01:39 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Shocker. I wonder how many other teams would keep everything together after a 2-14 season and preach "consistency" at the fan base? We treat 2-14 the same way other teams treat 14-2.

Have no issue here...Hopefully, better players come in, and you get AJ back to become the deep threat again which creates open parts of the field consistently. Thought I read the Bengals lost 7 games by 6 points or less and a couple of those were with the QB change and at least a couple more were with bad moves made by ZT who was learning to be a HC....You're never as good or as bad as you are in the NFL..A handful of plays/turnovers, penalties, at most, determine games.

If this team gave up and was not playing hard then I agree....
Reply/Quote

Bank on consistently sucking, sounds like a plan lmao! Shocked
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 11:16 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Have no issue here...Hopefully, better players come in, and you get AJ back to become the deep threat again which creates open parts of the field consistently. Thought I read the Bengals lost 7 games by 6 points or less and a couple of those were with the QB change and at least a couple more were with bad moves made by ZT who was learning to be a HC....You're never as good or as bad as you are in the NFL..A handful of plays/turnovers, penalties, at most, determine games.

Still don't like that headline, but I agree with you Higgy. Taylor hopefully learns how to coach on the field better and the 
coaching did improve as the year went on. The players didn't play like they were giving up at all this season which is more
then I can say for the year before under Marv. Just hoping that Taylor either hands over the reigns of play calling to someone
better or he improves in this aspect big time as well. Think he put too much on his plate in his first year as HC.

Getting the players in here to help Taylor and company out is my question. Cannot do it all through the Draft.
Reply/Quote
Serious question, why is Wade Phillips not returning to LA?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 11:16 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Have no issue here...Hopefully, better players come in, and you get AJ back to become the deep threat again which creates open parts of the field consistently. Thought I read the Bengals lost 7 games by 6 points or less and a couple of those were with the QB change and at least a couple more were with bad moves made by ZT who was learning to be a HC....You're never as good or as bad as you are in the NFL..A handful of plays/turnovers, penalties, at most, determine games.

1. I never rely on better players coming in, because we rely solely on the draft to fix everything.

2. AJ being healthy and playing at a high level is a huge if.

3. Almost all losing teams can make a similar claim. Most losses in the NFL are close.

4. Wasn't it Parcells who said "you are what your record says you are"?

I get wanting to keep things the same when you're winning. We did that quite a bit. Now we keep things the same while we're losing too, and invent reasons why. It seems Mike just doesn't like to change coaches, period, because the Browns did his father dirty 50 years ago.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 11:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. I never rely on better players coming in, because we rely solely on the draft to fix everything.

2. AJ being healthy and playing at a high level is a huge if.

3. Almost all losing teams can make a similar claim. Most losses in the NFL are close.

4. Wasn't it Parcells who said "you are what your record says you are"?

I get wanting to keep things the same when you're winning. We did that quite a bit. Now we keep things the same while we're losing too, and invent reasons why. It seems Mike just doesn't like to change coaches, period, because the Browns did his father dirty 50 years ago.

mike believes in continuity....   The better franchises in the league have had the same coach for a while.. 

Change can be Good.. constant change is never good.. Ask any browns fan. (but sometimes you gotta make the hard call)
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 01:39 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Shocker. I wonder how many other teams would keep everything together after a 2-14 season and preach "consistency" at the fan base? We treat 2-14 the same way other teams treat 14-2.

while id be fine if they switched..... you normally dont hire a new head coach for only 1 year....  

Who knows ZT could be the next best thing since sliced bread... Eventually. im nervous cause this draft will make or break the next few years.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 06:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: while id be fine if they switched..... you normally dont hire a new head coach for only 1 year....  

Who knows ZT could be the next best thing since sliced bread... Eventually.    im nervous cause this draft will make or break the next few years.

Very good point. This coaching staff had a late start on everything, even the Lou Anarumo hire. They had to learn this team and the players abilities, their attitudes, what makes them tick, etc. You just don't take your experience (or lack of experience) and walk into a locker room and change it. IMO it was a shit show of issues they walked into left by the Marvin Lewis era. And Mike holds a lot of the blame IMO. He was too loyal (and so was Marvin) to players more than winning. I don't mean that in a bad way because I care about players too. But if they aint performing, they got to go!

[Image: aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.gif]

Reply/Quote
I mean drastically changing our 4-3 to a 3-4 is bound to have great results...

Son of Bum, Son of Bum, Son of Bum!
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 05:04 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I mean drastically changing our 4-3 to a 3-4 is bound to have great results...

Son of Bum, Son of Bum, Son of Bum!

I sense your sarcasm?

Why change out to 3-4 from our 4-3 which has been bottom 3 in the NFL year past few years??????  Sarcasm

I see nowhere going but up or we can just stay the same and be bottom 3 on defense again in 2020.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Cabot is reporting he is on the short list of names being considered for Cleveland’s DC.
Reply/Quote
Good.

1. Wade Ds have never done anything against us, IIRC.
2. They don't have the personnel for a 3-4 switch (imagine Garrett being a LB? feast on him in coverage).

Go ahead and do it, for all I care.

EDIT* It's funny actually; while the last truly dominant performance his D has had against us was in 2002 (as Atlanta's DC), his record against us as a HC or DC, is something like 13-0 (I maybe missed a few games).

Since 2000 at least, he's never lost to us.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote